ADVERTISEMENT

Coach, you've been 'awful'

Main point was that I think he genuinely believes its the players "fault". I think Woody is completely genuine, so we hear pretty much exactly what he thinks and believes.

I have no issues with 21-22 year old players being called out publicly, in a vacuum. Where it rubs me the wrong way, is I don't believe, at all at this point, that Woody has spent a ton of time teaching/forcing them to not do those 'awful' things on a day to day basis. I'd bet money they watch film, he calls them out/makes fun of them for their mistakes... but that he fails to follow through with hours and hours of fundamental, foundational drills that will build better habits with these kids...so the 'awful' things happen much less frequently, if at all.
Woodson also needs to adjust to the game better. For example. Nebraska trapped those elbow Ware handoffs to Trey right from the start. We’ve had a lot of success with that action. Either Trey has gotten to the rim or passed/lobbed to Ware for a bucket. Hoiberg made up his mind that we weren’t going to get that. But OMG - we ran it and ran it. I think Trey and X had at least 6 turnovers off of that.

Reactions: mohoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT