ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the longest you’ve worked at one job?

I’ve been at my current job for 19 years. I’ve got a ways to go before I catch this dude. 84 years at one job.😳

That's nutty. Guy's like an automaton. Maybe it's Brazil. Too many obstacles here for that longevity. Boredom. Move. Office affair that goes wrong so you have to leave real fast. Get rich scheme you'll never forgive yourself for not quitting and pursuing. Midlife crisis like Douglas in Falling Down. On and on

I've been at my current place 12 years. That's the longest. I was at a previous place 10 years. Another place, 6.

But, what's the shortest you worked somewhere? As an adult, I mean, not part time kid work. I worked 6 months at my first job out of college. Hated it.

That's nutty. Guy's like an automaton. Maybe it's Brazil. Too many obstacles here for that longevity. Boredom. Move. Office affair that goes wrong so you have to leave real fast. Get rich scheme you'll never forgive yourself for not quitting and pursuing. Midlife crisis like Douglas in Falling Down. On and on
That’s an underrated movie, in my opinion.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Longest is current job - 12 years
Shortest was 6 months at a startup. Got canned when we didn't get funding.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
At last count, I’ve had around 70 different jobs. High school, college, I would quit on your ass on a nice weather day after securing a bag, I’ve had jobs where I quit day 1. I’ve had jobs where I knew I was quitting during the interview. I’ve had jobs where I actually fell asleep and have been awakened by management. I’ve had jobs where I challenged myself on how to be as unproductive as I can. Company leach. Look busy, god’s watching. Yep. Been there. How little can I do for you before you figure out how little I’m doing for you. Have voicemails, I’ll listen tomorrow. Reply to an email, sure dude, right on that, tomorrow.

I’ve been at my current job 8 years. I matured, grew up and figured somethings out.

I'd guess I average about 3-5 years. Hard to believe I'm going on 6 years at my current job.

My job before this one I feel like I could have stayed on for awhile. I still keep in touch with people from there, but there are different circumstances that are preventing me from going back.

I've been self employed for the last 11 years and that's the longest for me. I've had 3 other jobs in the cabinet industry all lasting between 7-10 years. Shortest time I've ever worked somewhere was six months - I was hired by a company in Evansville outside the cabinet industry and when they put the announcement of my hiring in the local paper (remember when they used to do those things - that really tells you how old I am) a local company in the cabinet business discovered that I was back in Evansville and started to work on recruiting me. I left after about 5 or 6 months to get back into the cabinet industry.

but there are different circumstances that are preventing me from going back.

Possible reasons ranked:

1. She really was the boss's wife
2. He really was the boss's husband
3. They fixed the glitch

• Haha
Reactions: Ohio Guy
Post- college..

6 months - telecom sales. Woke up on a Sunday morning, decided I hated my job and quit the next day.
Then..
2.5 years
6 years (somewhat regret leaving this job at IU)
2.5 years
1 year
1 year and counting

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT