ADVERTISEMENT

We're # 27!! Woo hoo!!!

Not by last seven year Sweet 16 standards...I think Davis only went once in six years. He is tied with Knight (but I will give Davis the slight edge since he had one fewer year in which to do it).

Crean: 2 in seven years
Davis: 1 in six years
Knight: 1 in seven years

Davis went to a final four. Sweet sixteens don't mean anything.

Correct, the wins coming when those lottery picks were on the team. The losses coming once they left. After this year, that BT winning % will be right back up.

Explain the 17-15 year with lottery pick and McDonald AA pg? 20-14 with two last year...

So now we can only use 2 of his 7 years?

Davis went to a final four. Sweet sixteens don't mean anything.

I hear you. Davis went to a final two by the way.

By that logic, Davis is clearly the best IU coach since 1986-1987 (because Indiana only went to the final four in 1991-1992, so we must put the Mike Davis final two run in 2002 ahead of that season).

Is he available?

Also, of the following, refresh my memory if you can as to which coach has been to the final four most recently?

a. Bob Knight
b. Mike Davis
c. Archie Miller
d. Derek Kellogg
e. Tom Crean

Thanks.

I hear you. Davis went to a final two by the way.

By that logic, Davis is clearly the best IU coach since 1986-1987 (because Indiana only went to the final four in 1991-1992, so we must put the Mike Davis final two run in 2002 ahead of that season).

Is he available?

Also, of the following, refresh my memory if you can as to which coach has been to the final four most recently?

a. Bob Knight
b. Mike Davis
c. Archie Miller
d. Derek Kellogg
e. Tom Crean

Thanks.
Wow you really are reaching and totally do not understand the college basketball landscape. I guess Crean is better than Dean Smith since he has been to a final four more recently or John Wooden

Wow you really are reaching and totally do not understand the college basketball landscape. I guess Crean is better than Dean Smith since he has been to a final four more recently or John Wooden

Ooohhh...it's a "landscape." It's so mysterious and incomprehensible.

Yeah...I'll take Crean over those two since:

1) they were cheaters (allegedly), and
2) they are dead.

I like Crean's chances of getting back to the final four before those two do.

Ooohhh...it's a "landscape." It's so mysterious and incomprehensible.

Yeah...I'll take Crean over those two since:

1) they were cheaters (allegedly), and
2) they are dead.

I like Crean's chances of getting back to the final four before those two do.

You are a lost cause. You make absolutely zero sense. For a guy that brags about all his degrees, you are not very bright.

Last edited:
Not by last seven year Sweet 16 standards...I think Davis only went once in six years. He is tied with Knight (but I will give Davis the slight edge since he had one fewer year in which to do it).

Crean: 2 in seven years
Davis: 1 in six years
Knight: 1 in seven years

your logic for why IU has to stay down is spot friggin on! IU just has to deal with missing the tourney and getting 10 seeds BECAUSE Knight gave up and Davis was in over his head.

just like Michigan football HAS to stay down because Carr lost 11 games his last 3 years and Rodriguez/ Hoke sucked. how can they possibly improve themselves? once you're down, you must stay down. I think that is a bible verse.

you really, really suck at this arguing thing. I know, I know -- you are a top-dollar booster. a real cash money player. thankfully other top-dollar boosters are pissed. or did glass mean we are satisfied with the results when he said we aren't satisfied with the results?

As a reminder, if your administration is as inept as Indiana's you should not advocate patience. You should want Indiana to fire guys every three or four years until they get it right. Frequent firings increase the odds Indiana eventually stumbles upon the right guy.

Simple math.

If the jokers miss this they are clueless, wonderful Gumbel.

your logic for why IU has to stay down is spot friggin on! IU just has to deal with missing the tourney and getting 10 seeds BECAUSE Knight gave up and Davis was in over his head.

just like Michigan football HAS to stay down because Carr lost 11 games his last 3 years and Rodriguez/ Hoke sucked. how can they possibly improve themselves? once you're down, you must stay down. I think that is a bible verse.

you really, really suck at this arguing thing. I know, I know -- you are a top-dollar booster. a real cash money player. thankfully other top-dollar boosters are pissed. or did glass mean we are satisfied with the results when he said we aren't satisfied with the results?

I'm not a top dollar booster (I wish I could be!). I'm a lifetime member of the Alumni Association. I send the Varsity Club $800 a year and I buy two basketball tickets and four football tickets. That is it.

If you find displeasure with the status quo, you would be better off trying to convince Cindy Simon Skjodt and Mark Cuban to stop giving Indiana University $40 million (Assembly Hall renovation) and $5 million (Sports Media Technology Center) respectively, as they have done in the last two years.

Ain't nobody gonna to listen to what I have to say. I got just as much pull as some old feller from southern Indiana that didn't never go to no college and just growed up a cheerin' for Damon and Steve and Bobby...them were the days!

As a reminder, if your administration is as inept as Indiana's you should not advocate patience. You should want Indiana to fire guys every three or four years until they get it right. Frequent firings increase the odds Indiana eventually stumbles upon the right guy.

Simple math.

If you should not advocate patience with regard to your school's administration, can we, as alumni who are entitled to vote in each Board of Trustee election, have a discussion as to which candidates we voted for and why in the recent balloting? With the groundswell of desired change in the men's basketball program, I look forward to hearing how everyone's vote is hopeful to lead to such change.

Thanks and I look forward to everyone's input!

You are a lost cause. You make absolutely zero sense. For a guy that brags about all his degrees, you are not very bright.

I ain't a makin' no sense.

I just wish we would hire ol' Steve and get Damon to be his assistant and bring ol' Bobby back too!

Bobby could bring out soiled toilet paper to practice and put tampons in Jason Collier's locker and choke players and beat up assistants and stuff LSU fans in trash cans and beat up cops in Puerto Rico and beat up random dudes in Mexican restaurant parking lots in Elletsville and berate Rance Pugmire of the NCAA after taking yet another first round ass-beating to the likes of Mizzou and make misogynistic comments to Connie Chung on national television and kick and head-butt random players on the sideline during games.

Them was some fun times! And we gone to that ol' Sweet Sixteen once in his last seven years on top of it all!!!

But seriously, in the alternative, maybe we can get Derek Kellogg to come and bring Archie Miller as his assistant.

Last edited:

I just wish we would hire ol' Steve and get Damon to be his assistant and bring ol' Bobby back too!

Bobby could bring out soiled toilet paper to practice and put tampons in Jason Collier's locker and choke players and beat up assistants and stuff LSU fans in trash cans and beat up cops in Puerto Rico and beat up random dudes in Mexican restaurant parking lots in Elletsville and berate Rance Pugmire of the NCAA after taking yet another first round ass-beating to the likes of Mizzou and make misogynistic comments to Connie Chung on national television and kick and head-butt random players on the sideline during games.

Them was some fun times! And we gone to that ol' Sweet Sixteen once in his last seven years on top of it all!!!

But seriously, in the alternative, maybe we can get Derek Kellogg to come and bring Archie Miller as his assistant.
this post explains a lot. Troll!

this post explains a lot. Troll!

Yeah...I'm a troll. I've had basketball season tickets for 13 years and was on the wait list 11 years prior to that and I have had football season tickets for 24 years and went to undergrad, graduate and law school at Indiana. My wife and dad went to Indiana. I am clearly a troll.

I was just a pinin' for the good ol' days when Bobby was here 'cause he could do so much with all them McDonald all-americans he had...member???

Like when we won all them NCAA championships with McDonalds all-americans Damon and Pat Graham and Greg Graham and Henderson and Fife and Recker and Collier and Patterson and Reed and Wilkerson??? I can't hardly member how many banners we hung in the old hall them years.

Too bad Crean can't do nothin' with his McDonald all-americans like ol' Bobby done!!!

Last edited:
Yeah...I'm a troll. I've had basketball season tickets for 14 years and was on the wait list 11 years prior to that and I have had football season tickets for 24 years and went to undergrad, graduate and law school at Indiana. My wife and dad went to Indiana. I am clearly a troll.

I was just a pinin' for the good ol' days when Bobby was here 'cause he could do so much with all them McDonald all-americans he had...member???

Like when we won all them NCAA championships with McDonalds all-americans Damon and Pat Graham and Greg Graham and Henderson and Fife and Recker and Collier and Patterson and Reed and Wilkerson??? I can't hardly member how many banners we hung in the old hall them years.

Too bad Crean can't do nothin' with his McDonald all-americans like ol' Bobby done!!!
So are you honestly trying to say that Crean has done better than BK? Also for an IU fan to mock the "good ole days" is pretty asinine.

Damon Bailey: In Bailey's first three seasons (1990–93), he and the Hoosiers posted 87 victories, the most by any Big Ten team in a three-year span, breaking the mark of 86 set by Knight's Indiana teams of 1974-76. Teams from these three seasons spent all but two of the 53 poll weeks in the top 10, and 38 of them in the top 5. They captured two Big Ten crowns in 1990-91 and 1992-93, and during the 1991-92 season reached the Final Four. During the 1992-93 season, the 31-4 Hoosiers finished the season at the top of the AP Poll, but were defeated by Kansas in the Elite Eight.

Last edited:
So are you honestly trying to say that Crean has done better than BK? Also for an IU fan to mock the "good ole days" is pretty asinine.

I would say he has done better with regard to character and behavior without a question.

Clearly, RMK was one of the greatest of all time and Indiana will likely never see a tactician of the game in that stratosphere again. However, in retrospect, he was a jerk. I defended him unequivocally until even after he got fired. However, I have gotten older I guess, and I think there is some value in not being a jerk. Yeah, yeah...he visited kids in the hospital and raised money for the library. While Crean might be annoying to some and not the greatest coach of all-time, I can live with the trade-off for now...he seems like a pretty good dude generally.

BTW...I am not mocking the good ole days by any means. I've been there since 1977 and I've seen it all. When I was a kid I couldn't even stand to not make my dad drive me from Carmel to Bloomington to the Indiana Classic for two nights in a row each December...not to mention miss going to any other game...almost literally.

My priorities have shifted though...I only went to two games last year and sold the rest of my tickets. If pressed, I would probably choose going to an IU football game over an IU basketball game nowadays. Things change I guess.

With that, I hereby sign-off of this discussion. It's been real bsmitty08 and Creaned Heat, best to you and yours!

Last edited:
I would say he has done better with regard to character and behavior without a question.

Clearly, RMK was one of the greatest of all time and Indiana will likely never see a tactician of the game in that stratosphere again. However, in retrospect, he was a jerk. I defended him unequivocally until even after he got fired. However, I have gotten older I guess, and I think there is some value in not being a jerk. Yeah, yeah...he visited kids in the hospital and raised money for the library. While Crean might be annoying to some and not the greatest coach of all-time, I can live with the trade-off for now...he seems like a pretty good dude generally.

BTW...I am not mocking the good ole days by any means. I've been there since 1977 and I've seen it all. When I was a kid I couldn't even stand to not make my dad drive me from Carmel to Bloomington to the Indiana Classic for two nights in a row each December...not to mention miss going to any other game...almost literally.

My priorities have shifted though...I only went to two games last year and sold the rest of my tickets. If pressed, I would probably choose going to an IU football game over an IU basketball game nowadays. Things change I guess.

So why are you mocking the good ole days in your previous post? I will be honest I wasn't a huge BK fan because he was an ass but I loved how his teams played the game of basketball. I hate the current state of our program...its a revolving door of a roster, they play zero defense, they lose games they have zero business losing. Crean would be fine if he could manage a roster and keep the program healthy. We have had 7 of 11 players from 2012 and 13 class leave plus another 2 from 14. We have multiple arrest, failed drug test....and honestly fans would look the other way if he was winning and earning that top 10 salary. Fact is he is not!

So why are you mocking the good ole days in your previous post? I will be honest I wasn't a huge BK fan because he was an ass but I loved how his teams played the game of basketball. I hate the current state of our program...its a revolving door of a roster, they play zero defense, they lose games they have zero business losing. Crean would be fine if he could manage a roster and keep the program healthy. We have had 7 of 11 players from 2012 and 13 class leave plus another 2 from 14. We have multiple arrest, failed drug test....and honestly fans would look the other way if he was winning and earning that top 10 salary. Fact is he is not!

After declaring my sign-off, I will nonetheless respond.

I am not mocking the good ole days. Some of my best memories are of being at IU games with my dad or my wife or being in school and going to games (I was there during the Edwards/Cheaney/Bailey overlapping years so it was some pretty good stuff).

I just like talkin' in my southern Indiana accent and pokin' a little fun at all them IU fans that didn't really go to school there but always talk about the good ol' days with Bobby and Damon and Steve...and how Bobby wouldn't a done 'er like they's a doin' now.

I group that bunch with the gang that got pissed at the Pacers for draftin' that Reggie feller instead of ol' Stevie Boy and the bunch that got irked when the Colts got rid a ol' Peyton and rolled the dice on that Luck feller.

They also, sadly, remind me of the 98% of Ohio State football and Kentucky basketball fans that didn't actually attend those schools but are more obnoxious than anyone on the planet.

After declaring my sign-off, I will nonetheless respond.

I am not mocking the good ole days. Some of my best memories are of being at IU games with my dad or my wife or being in school and going to games (I was there during the Edwards/Cheaney/Bailey overlapping years so it was some pretty good stuff).

I just like talkin' in my southern Indiana accent and pokin' a little fun at all them IU fans that didn't really go to school there but always talk about the good ol' days with Bobby and Damon and Steve...and how Bobby wouldn't a done 'er like they's a doin' now.

I group that bunch with the gang that got pissed at the Pacers for draftin' that Reggie feller instead of ol' Stevie Boy and the bunch that got irked when the Colts got rid a ol' Peyton and rolled the dice on that Luck feller.

They also, sadly, remind me of the 98% of Ohio State football and Kentucky basketball fans that didn't actually attend those schools but are more obnoxious than anyone on the planet.
What does all that have to do with our current coach?

Nothing I guess. I like our, or "your" current coach, as you are now indirectly referring to him. He's gonna be in Bloomington for a long, long time.

Later my man.

e63ecd2fbc81d945d7b5c1a98c22764bbcf741f290c9811ca190eaf2e5fb3ae0.jpg

#Bentley,

I guess I am not informed enough to know what your only-a-complete-dork-would know-what-it-means photo above indicates...but I am sure you do, so any explanation would be appreciated if you get a chance.

On an off topic, who is that cat in your #Bentley signature picture thingy? Is he like a race car driver or golfer...he looks really familiar but I can't place him. He kind of reminds me of a young Darren Clarke but that would be kind of strange...especially given his 2005 Wal-Mart Detroit Pistons Eastern Conference Champions hat. Who is it?

Thanks for any info!!!

I'm not a top dollar booster (I wish I could be!). I'm a lifetime member of the Alumni Association. I send the Varsity Club $800 a year and I buy two basketball tickets and four football tickets. That is it.

If you find displeasure with the status quo, you would be better off trying to convince Cindy Simon Skjodt and Mark Cuban to stop giving Indiana University $40 million (Assembly Hall renovation) and $5 million (Sports Media Technology Center) respectively, as they have done in the last two years.

Ain't nobody gonna to listen to what I have to say. I got just as much pull as some old feller from southern Indiana that didn't never go to no college and just growed up a cheerin' for Damon and Steve and Bobby...them were the days!

question: why do you always try to brag about your support when arguing the merits of our head coach? it's like when you talk about your alleged degrees. weird. cool thing about the internet is that we are all the same. i'll never meet you. you'll never get to show off in person. you can give that a rest.

crean is what you expect for IU. cool. just also expect to get piled on with the stances you take. you always do.

and you are knocking IU fans that didn't attend the school? thinking they are the anti-crean faction? you must not have many friends from IU. and you know for a fact I have a degree from IU (or somewhere) because you remember all those times I caught you using all those big words you didn't really know how to use. those were fun times.

I do think it's time to but you on ignore though. i like a good argument but it just always turns into bizarre anonymous internet bravado with you. but anway...good luck to you, scouty!

You guys should listen to thi
#Bentley,

I guess I am not informed enough to know what your only-a-complete-dork-would know-what-it-means photo above indicates...but I am sure you do, so any explanation would be appreciated if you get a chance.

On an off topic, who is that cat in your #Bentley signature picture thingy? Is he like a race car driver or golfer...he looks really familiar but I can't place him. He kind of reminds me of a young Darren Clarke but that would be kind of strange...especially given his 2005 Wal-Mart Detroit Pistons Eastern Conference Champions hat. Who is it?

Thanks for any info!!!
Snu. I apologize. This guy is clearly the most delusional homer on the interwebs.

question: why do you always try to brag about your support when arguing the merits of our head coach? it's like when you talk about your alleged degrees. weird. cool thing about the internet is that we are all the same. i'll never meet you. you'll never get to show off in person. you can give that a rest.

crean is what you expect for IU. cool. just also expect to get piled on with the stances you take. you always do.

and you are knocking IU fans that didn't attend the school? thinking they are the anti-crean faction? you must not have many friends from IU. and you know for a fact I have a degree from IU (or somewhere) because you remember all those times I caught you using all those big words you didn't really know how to use. those were fun times.

I do think it's time to but you on ignore though. i like a good argument but it just always turns into bizarre anonymous internet bravado with you. but anway...good luck to you, scouty!

I am sad to hear that you are going to "but" me on ignore...which sounds mildly questionable in many different regards...but I won't inquire further on that front.

However, that aside, to confirm, yes, I am knocking IU "fans" that didn't attend the school. I would equate them with Canadians criticizing the United States who have no right to vote accordingly.

In the alternative, I applaud you for having an Indiana degree and I further salute you as my fellow alumnus!

Thank you my friend for your wishes of good luck. I wish you good luck as well! Go Hoosiers!!!

I am sad to hear that you are going to "but" me on ignore...which sounds mildly questionable in many different regards...but I won't inquire further on that front.

However, that aside, to confirm, yes, I am knocking IU "fans" that didn't attend the school. I would equate them with Canadians criticizing the United States who have no right to vote accordingly.

In the alternative, I applaud you for having an Indiana degree and I further salute you as my fellow alumnus!

Thank you my friend for your wishes of good luck. I wish you good luck as well! Go Hoosiers!!!

So people from Indiana are not allowed to be fans of their state school? Come on man..

You guys should listen to thi

Snu. I apologize. This guy is clearly the most delusional homer on the interwebs.

Proudopete,

Thanks for the sentiments! Enjoy your next 4.5 months of weekends full of Darrell Hazell and Austin Appleby! Should be fun times for you once again!!!

I think your analogy of fans is stupid....and I went to IU.

My grandpa was the biggest Cubs fan alive.....and he lived in Indiana.

So people from Indiana are not allowed to be fans of their state school? Come on man..

They can be quasi-"fans" and wear IU t-shirts and buy random tickets outside of the staduim but they don't have any right to determine what happens with regard to the administration or the athletic department or the Board of Trustees or the president or the coaching staff. The alumni vote and contribute, ain't nobody else's business. Yeah, yeah, yeah...taxpayers...blah blah blah. You don't get a vote for being a taxpayer, you get a vote for being an alumnus/alumna.

I didn't go to Ball State or Purdue and I don't have any expectation of being able to tell them how to run what goes on at either of those places. So, yeah...I'll kind of go along with your question.

They can be quasi-"fans" and wear IU t-shirts and buy random tickets outside of the staduim but they don't have any right to determine what happens with regard to the administration or the athletic department or the Board of Trustees or the president or the coaching staff. The alumni vote and contribute, ain't nobody else's business. Yeah, yeah, yeah...taxpayers...blah blah blah. You don't get a vote for being a taxpayer, you get a vote for being an alumnus/alumna.

I didn't go to Ball State or Purdue and I don't have any expectation of being able to tell them how to run what goes on at either of those places. So, yeah...I'll kind of go along with your question.
Fans....pay to go to IU games, they pay for the shirts, they watch the games on tv to give them ratings and taxpayers pay Creans salary.....so yes they do have some say. If FANS are not happy with the product on the court they are heard....and lately in assembly they have been heard on national TV booing our coach.

Reactions: TheLaffy
I think your analogy of fans is stupid....and I went to IU.

My grandpa was the biggest Cubs fan alive.....and he lived in Indiana.

You're right...he should have been a fan of the major league baseball team in Indiana!!!

Pro sports are clearly different...and while now knowing that you went to IU and having to differentiate the distinction between pro and college sports for you is somewhat unnerving, I appreciate your fellow alumnus status. When were you there?

Fans....pay to go to IU games, they pay for the shirts, they watch the games on tv to give them ratings and taxpayers pay Creans salary.....so yes they do have some say. If FANS are not happy with the product on the court they are heard....and lately in assembly they have been heard on national TV booing our coach.

It seems slightly counterintuitive to pay money to buy a ticket and shirts and watch on tv and maybe drive to a game and then boo the coach and be disgusted.

Why would you just not watch or go in the first place? I guess if you want to spend your money to be miserable...knock yourself out!

Nonetheless, there is a waiting list for season tickets, so I guess the bottom hasn't dropped out completely.

Hey everyone! Scout went to IU. Just in case everyone didn't know that!

I thought we all did...isn't that why we are here vigorously debating the state of our alma mater's basketball program? Let me know if I am wrong.

If I hadn't gone to school anywhere, I would be a Duke or Kentucky fan...not a fan of a sucky program that hasn't won anything in 28 years.

#Bentley,

Thanks for any info!!!

Does your mom know you are on the internet because I bet she'd be pissed if she found out.

I thought we all did...isn't that why we are here vigorously debating the state of our alma mater's basketball program? Let me know if I am wrong.

If I hadn't gone to school anywhere, I would be a Duke or Kentucky fan...not a fan of a sucky program that hasn't won anything in 28 years.
wow just wow

Does your mom know you are on the internet because I bet she'd be pissed if she found out.

I think my mom knows I use the internet and she's cool with it.

That said, your vigorous defense of #Bentley's honor gives me pause with regard to your relationship with him. Nonetheless, I acknowledge and applaud your chivalry in that regard (not that there is anything wrong with it). To each his own and cheers my friend!

Yawnnnn nothing to say but you keep trying to say it. What a silly little ignorant Crean fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT