ADVERTISEMENT

Well, I was wrong

Right that is what I saw. Trying to get through the screen I don’t think he intended to go there but once his arm got there and the dude turned…X got his money’s worth. Needs to grow up.
That's how I saw it. I do think the Rutgers guy should have been held accountable for his response. Not to the level of X, but an F1.

I want Johnson off this team. I originally wanted him off this team prior to last season and it looks like my original instincts were correct and all of the apologists on here were fatally wrong. Make no mistake, there’s a direct line between this and the rot at the heart of this program right now.

I want Johnson off this team. I originally wanted him off this team prior to last season and it looks like my original instincts were correct and all of the apologists on here were fatally wrong. Make no mistake, there’s a direct line between this and the rot at the heart of this program right now.
Yeah. X is the reason Galloway can't shoot from 3 or the free throw line. X is also the reason no one goes hard after loose balls and rebounds. Also X told the coaches not to sign a shooter just leave an empty scholarship.

Yeah. X is the reason Galloway can't shoot from 3 or the free throw line. X is also the reason no one goes hard after loose balls and rebounds. Also X told the coaches not to sign a shooter just leave an empty scholarship.
He’s the biggest example of how no one on this team is being held accountable and everything you just listed there is a symptom of that lack of accountability. Cut him now…

Nah…maybe some hard coaching, disciplining in some way… but doesn’t deserve to be kicked off the team.

Guessing he mainly gets none of the above. And Woody will answer to it similarly to how he answered the question about subbing out most of his starters tonight.

He's not the coach. The coach is the reason there is no accountability.
Agree but he's a sixth year player that continues to make decisions that negatively impact the brand of the team. Woodson should do something but X is culpable for putting himself/ team in the situation. It's a distraction at the least and we have way higher priorities

How did he effect the brand of the team vs. Auburn? We would have lost to OSU without him.

He’s the biggest example of how no one on this team is being held accountable and everything you just listed there is a symptom of that lack of accountability. Cut him now…
That is an opinion no one here knows what goes on inside the program. There are a few with good resources but even those resources don't always have the facts.

Right that is what I saw. Trying to get through the screen I don’t think he intended to go there but once his arm got there and the dude turned…X got his money’s worth. Needs to grow up.

Needs to leave. Should have never been back this season and should have a coach that could have gone out and found a reasonable back court.
Shoulda woulda coulda... Blah blah blah.

It's boring at this point.

I just saw another angle of X getting up close and personal which led to his early shower.

This one is more clear and he did it. Not as badly as some here are saying but it appears to be so.

and

I was wrong.
No one is stating the obvious either. This is the second time he has been caught doing this type of thing. Can him.

Reactions: bbafficionado
He made a stupid mistake today, but otherwise has done nothing wrong this season.
He hasn't played well, but he's also recovering from a long-term injury. This is completely reactionary.

I just saw another angle of X getting up close and personal which led to his early shower.

This one is more clear and he did it. Not as badly as some here are saying but it appears to be so.

and

I was wrong.
So it shows his hand grabbing his testicular package as many claim? I don't doubt he got hit after seeing it on Peacock, but it might have been inadvertent or at most a spontaneous cheap shot out of frustration. The subsequent forearm to X's head was just as, if not more intentional with the Rutgers player having more time to think before doing.

Bingo^^

Went right over your head.... obviously you do not understand culture.

So it shows his hand grabbing his testicular package as many claim? I don't doubt he got hit after seeing it on Peacock, but it might have been inadvertent or at most a spontaneous cheap shot out of frustration. The subsequent forearm to X's head was just as, if not more intentional with the Rutgers player having more time to think before doing.
It really isn't obvious what or why but if you look at his head positioning and the way he turned it is very plausible that he just ended up there inadvertently. But what is clear is that he grabbed a handdful and pulled his arm up on the way out. F2 is appropriate IMO as it should have been for the retaliatory forearm which was not "to X's head" but more of an Edey-style shiver to the chest.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
X is a terrific leader and coach Woodson believes him, so please show some grace. Everything he’s done is typical adolescent behavior. Curfew violation, reckless driving, and whacking players in the nuts.

• Love
Reactions: CriticArisen
X is a terrific leader and coach Woodson believes him, so please show some grace. Everything he’s done is typical adolescent behavior. Curfew violation, reckless driving, and whacking players in the nuts.
Flopping every game.. bitching with the officials every game. True leadership

1. After 7 years in college I would not call him an adolescent.
2. When we were adolescents, I do not believe many of us would have done that during a game. Let alone a game with 10K people present, 3 adults watching your movements, a tape with which to refer back, and a national audience.
3. If you feel this is leadership, we disagree on what makes a leader.

Actually, me and my friends did all of these to an extreme in college lol.

• Love
Reactions: CriticArisen
None of this matters and it's not a question about a person's character. It's all about road games. Road games in the BT produce all sorts of weird activity and behavior. But only in the BT. No other conference has this issue. Only in the BT. The NCAA needs to look into the long term emotional and physical damage road games in the BT places on the person. AND we need a congressional hearing! THIS NEEDS TO STOP NOW! (sfi)

He's not the coach. The coach is the reason there is no accountability.
Do you know what "being held accountable" means? You blame Woodson for lack of accountability but bristle at the idea that X should be dismissed for this FOURTH substandard act and SECOND nut punch!

Someone else said and I agree wholeheartedly that X's dismissal would be the greatest contribution he could make to this team.

It really isn't obvious what or why but if you look at his head positioning and the way he turned it is very plausible that he just ended up there inadvertently. But what is clear is that he grabbed a handdful and pulled his arm up on the way out. F2 is appropriate IMO as it should have been for the retaliatory forearm which was not "to X's head" but more of an Edey-style shiver to the chest.

I'm still of the opinion that the F call on X should not have been made. Of course he did it, but that's beside the point. The whistle didn't come after X's grab, it came after the RU players forearm. Only after the replay did they see X's grab. It wasn't called on the floor. How can you go back in time on a replay (before the whistle) and assess a foul after the fact?

I'd love it if someone that knows what he's talking about like @IUfanBorden can weigh in and tell me if I'm totally up my ass on this.

Reactions: dr.jb
And why no review of the forearm to Malik's face as the Rutgers guy came down the court? No retaliation, play on?

Reactions: abraxis
I'm still of the opinion that the F call on X should not have been made. Of course he did it, but that's beside the point. The whistle didn't come after X's grab, it came after the RU players forearm. Only after the replay did they see X's grab. It wasn't called on the floor. How can you go back in time on a replay (before the whistle) and assess a foul after the fact?

I'd love it if someone that knows what he's talking about like @IUfanBorden can weigh in and tell me if I'm totally up my ass on this.
Officials can go to the monitor at any time, IF they feel there is a possible F1/F2. However, they cannot assess a common foul. Only a flagrant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT