ADVERTISEMENT

7 takeaways from last night's game

Jan 14, 2021
1. So happy for Anthony Leal - he's going to make a fine coach someday, hopefully at IU!
2. Loved seeing the hustle - they didn't hang their heads when fluke plays didn't go their way and absolutely stepped up after the Sandford prayer.
3. When Ware made that dunk at the end, I was really scared he'd get t'd up for taunting - the camera angle seemed to show him getting right in the Iowa player's face.
4. Galloway is so mich more effective when he's the facilitator and not asked to be the primary scorer.
5. Is Banks hurt, in the doghouse, or both?
6. That 3 Cupps hit will do wonders for him and the team ROS.
7. I hope X and Malik get well soon, this game really could serve as a turning point, GO IU!!

Reactions: Tscurlo and kkott
I was worried about the Ware taunting risk also.
I don’t have your confidence it will be a turning point, but what if Leal leads am an,axing turn around?

1. So happy for Anthony Leal - he's going to make a fine coach someday, hopefully at IU!
2. Loved seeing the hustle - they didn't hang their heads when fluke plays didn't go their way and absolutely stepped up after the Sandford prayer.
3. When Ware made that dunk at the end, I was really scared he'd get t'd up for taunting - the camera angle seemed to show him getting right in the Iowa player's face.
4. Galloway is so mich more effective when he's the facilitator and not asked to be the primary scorer.
7. I hope X and Malik get well soon, this game really could serve as a turning point, GO IU!!
#3. Ware got in Perkins’ face after the dunk and could have been rung up. That said Perkins had woofed at the crowd a number of times without repercussions.

Last night Leal looked like a player from another team that would light us up. It was nice to see him hit 3s. I say give him 25 minutes and let him fire up at least eight 3s/game.

#3. Ware got in Perkins’ face after the dunk and could have been rung up. That said Perkins had woofed at the crowd a number of times without repercussions.
is yelling at the crowd a violation? not very smart in my opinion, get the wrong drunken fool in the front row and it could escalate to something ugly.

I was worried about the Ware taunting risk also.
I don’t have your confidence it will be a turning point, but what if Leal leads am an,axing turn around?
Yeah, they need to talk about Ware hanging on the rim and mugging afterwards. We don't need unnecessary techs.

Galloway was all over the map......a few of those TOs were brutal, and he had 5 TOs and only 4 assists. OTOH, he had 7 rebounds, and several were at critical times. He's been really poor at rebounding this year. I hope this gets him going in that regard.

Reactions: kkott
Yep he’s salty we didn’t recruit him. And he’s right
someone remind Perkins that the "We' at IU who didn't recruit him...was eventually run out of town.

He sometimes plays like a fullback running up the middle. But he has some dog in him....yet emotionally under control (for the most part). Something we've needed in the IU backcourt for a long time. Can never accuse him of being soft.

Galloway was all over the map......a few of those TOs were brutal, and he had 5 TOs and only 4 assists. OTOH, he had 7 rebounds, and several were at critical times. He's been really poor at rebounding this year. I hope this gets him going in that regard.
Galloway had turnovers on three consecutive possessions late in the second half. I'll bet he's already working to correct that as I type.

Banks has simply not played well. I’ve thought many times that he could contribute if he would stop thinking about scoring. Seems to me that he hunts shots. If he would just come in and defend, rebound, and hustle - he would probably still be playing.

Reactions: IU FAN IN W. NC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT