ADVERTISEMENT

Well, I was wrong

X is a terrific leader and coach Woodson believes him, so please show some grace. Everything he’s done is typical adolescent behavior. Curfew violation, reckless driving, and whacking players in the nuts.
You forgot the /s at the end of your post.

Officials can go to the monitor at any time, IF they feel there is a possible F1/F2. However, they cannot assess a common foul. Only a flagrant.

Got it. Thanks. Clears it up for me.

Now, in this particular circumstance, I'm going to assume that they went to the monitor to see about a possible F on the RU player (that's what prompted the whistle), and only then is when they saw the nut grab. If the RU player hadn't retaliated and been whistled, X would have gotten away with it.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Officials can go to the monitor at any time, IF they feel there is a possible F1/F2. However, they cannot assess a common foul. Only a flagrant.
So why wasn't a common, if not fragrant, foul called before going to the monitor when the Rutgers player deliberately elbowed X? If two fouls occur in succession, does only the first one count? It's like the refs just totally blew off the retaliation assault as if irrelevant for any further consideration.

So why wasn't a common, if not fragrant, foul called before going to the monitor when the Rutgers player deliberately elbowed X? If two fouls occur in succession, does only the first one count? It's like the refs just totally blew off the retaliation assault as if irrelevant for any further consideration.
Somebody (may have been a Rutgers fan) posted that a common foul was called on the guy who decked X. I can't confirm that, though.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
I didn't watch the game. So I don't know. If there are two fouls, there are two fouls; double foul. Both count.

Edit: with a double foul, it's point of interruption. If there is control by either team, they get the ball. If not, PA.

Last edited:
Got it. Thanks. Clears it up for me.

Now, in this particular circumstance, I'm going to assume that they went to the monitor to see about a possible F on the RU player (that's what prompted the whistle), and only then is when they saw the nut grab. If the RU player hadn't retaliated and been whistled, X would have gotten away with it.
Possible. I didn't see the game. On going to the .monitor to see if RU had committed a flagrant. Again, possible. Probably accurate. Even so, let's no retaliation -- could still go IF asked, OR if given information of a possible flagrant.

X is a terrific leader and coach Woodson believes him, so please show some grace. Everything he’s done is typical adolescent behavior. Curfew violation, reckless driving, and whacking players in the nuts.

Actually, me and my friends did all of these to an extreme in college lol.
You and your friends were nut whackers? Was that a special club or just spontaneous meetups?

• Love
Reactions: CriticArisen
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT