ADVERTISEMENT

Vivek is the most Presidential

I've seen a couple of his interviews. He doesn't start attacking DJT or Desantis or anyone else when he's given the chance. Instead, he stays on message about what he would do differently and why that would be beneficial to people. Unfortunately, he'll never make it out of Iowa.

Googled, went to his presidential site. Opened up to a donation page and there sits "if you want to defeat wokeism". Pretty A+ pandering right there.

I get it is popular, but I would hope a serious candidate would lead with a serious topic.
Maybe it is serious. Maybe that culture shit is a pressing issue. I can’t stand the woke crap or the culture wars but I’m with you in that I never considered it a serious topic. Maybe you and I are wrong. And it is the topic people care about. It certainly dominates this board

Googled, went to his presidential site. Opened up to a donation page and there sits "if you want to defeat wokeism". Pretty A+ pandering right there.

I get it is popular, but I would hope a serious candidate would lead with a serious topic.
Just stop. Biden doesn’t know what planet he is on and Trump is a clown. Vivek is 10 times more Presidential than both of them.

Maybe it is serious. Maybe that culture shit is a pressing issue. I can’t stand the woke crap or the culture wars but I’m with you in that I never considered it a serious topic. Maybe you and I are wrong. And it is the topic people care about. It certainly dominates this board
Ask Budweiser or Disney if it is a pressing issue.

Maybe it dominates the board because it's the same 10 posters always posting about the same stuff day after day and isn't a actual indication on what people want to talk about in the real world.

My parents, my wife's parents and some of my friends are some of the biggest right leaning people I know and woke never comes up if politics comes up (which I admittedly try to avoid with them). Hell, I'm fairly certain if I asked either of my parents or in laws what woke meant, they would look at me weird and say something like just getting up from a nap.

Maybe it dominates the board because it's the same 10 posters always posting about the same stuff day after day and isn't a actual indication on what people want to talk about in the real world.

My parents, my wife's parents and some of my friends are some of the biggest right leaning people I know and woke never comes up if politics comes up (which I admittedly try to avoid with them). Hell, I'm fairly certain if I asked either of my parents or in laws what woke meant, they would look at me weird and say something like just getting up from a nap.
It comes up a lot in my world. My daughter is in a very liberal school district. Has a furry in her class etc. my friends with older kids or no kids etc never talk about any of it

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
It comes up a lot in my world. My daughter is in a very liberal school district. Has a furry in her class etc. my friends with older kids or no kids etc never talk about any of it

Yeah, you've talked about the furry before.

Here's a question I've wondered...

If you're daughter and her friends don't care about the kid being a furry in school, why is it such a big deal?

Just stop. Biden doesn’t know what planet he is on and Trump is a clown. Vivek is 10 times more Presidential than both of them.
My dog is 10 times more presidential than both, combined. Set a higher bar.

Both parties are the same, to win the primary one has to say stupid crap that hurts in the general. Left wing and right wing crazies care about woke, everyone else has 100 more important things to worry about.

Given Biden WILL be the nominee, the question is for Republicans. If I was asked advice it would be talk about the economy. Someone asks about abortion, don't say something stupid to scare suburban women, say "my economic plan is...". They ask about woke, don't say something to scare Democrats into voting at higher rates, say "I will tackle inflation by...".

Don't give anything that will lead to "candidate x is anti women, gay, Black, or whatever". Especially don't come across as mean. FAU just had a poll on DeSantis in Florida, down like 25 points in his home state. There is no room on the "woke is the critical issue of our time" theme.

Jump off that train, it will just hurt you in November. Hammer the economy, that is Biden's weakest spot by far. No one feels happy about where they are, any other subject discussed is helping Biden.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Talked to a young kid that went to Forrest Park High School in Indiana. They had litter boxes for these furries in a small town school.

It's everywhere because social media permeates everything and this stuff flies around.

Talked to a young kid that went to Forrest Park High School in Indiana. They had litter boxes for these furries in a small town school.

It's everywhere because social media permeates everything and this stuff flies around.
The litter boxes aren't for furries. They're there in case the classrooms are locked down.

Vivek is my favorite GOP candidate. And he is relentless, every day a new podcast, townhall or media hit, sometimes multiple. DeSantis could learn a thing or two in terms of putting yourself out there and going into the lions den.

And running 3rd in most polls while closing in on 10% is impressive for a guy with zero name ID before he hopped in this race.

He’s weak on Social Security and I would like him to be a little more hawkish on Ukraine (he’s willing to offer the U.S. leaving NATO as a bargaining chip to end the war).

But other than that, he’s rock solid.

Reactions: Indyhorn

Any human still breathing is better than Trump and Biden should be aged out of being able to run.

Saying someone is better than Biden and Trump is setting standards way too low.

Anyway, campaigning on battling woke should auto-disqualify people

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Yeah, you've talked about the furry before.

Here's a question I've wondered...

If you're daughter and her friends don't care about the kid being a furry in school, why is it such a big deal?
I don’t know. I think because it’s a piece of a bigger pie. They changed one of her plays too. I had a problem with that. A furry kid I don’t care. But then again letting kids have their way might not be a great path forward. Maybe it doesn’t instill qualities we are looking for later. In some ways the woke stuff is a smaller part of bigger questions. I don’t know the answers.

My dog is 10 times more presidential than both, combined. Set a higher bar.

Both parties are the same, to win the primary one has to say stupid crap that hurts in the general. Left wing and right wing crazies care about woke, everyone else has 100 more important things to worry about.

Given Biden WILL be the nominee, the question is for Republicans. If I was asked advice it would be talk about the economy. Someone asks about abortion, don't say something stupid to scare suburban women, say "my economic plan is...". They ask about woke, don't say something to scare Democrats into voting at higher rates, say "I will tackle inflation by...".

Don't give anything that will lead to "candidate x is anti women, gay, Black, or whatever". Especially don't come across as mean. FAU just had a poll on DeSantis in Florida, down like 25 points in his home state. There is no room on the "woke is the critical issue of our time" theme.

Jump off that train, it will just hurt you in November. Hammer the economy, that is Biden's weakest spot by far. No one feels happy about where they are, any other subject discussed is helping Biden.
Did you watch the video? At no point did he say anything about what you’re talking about. He was extremely kind and respectful to a person who was being an a#%. Every Republican candidate will say something about woke, nobody cares besides liberals, which is kind of the point.

Ask Budweiser or Disney if it is a pressing issue.

lol. it's only pressing to those companies because people are attacking/boycotting them with claims they are woke.

That doesn't necessarily mean battling woke is something worth campaigning on. I bet you he can't even define what woke is but knows it's a key word to use for his campaign.

Breaking Bad Gop GIF

He’s not just campaigning on battling woke. It’s his life’s work. The asset management firm he founded was created in part to combat and offer an alternative to the ESG cram down being forwarded by Blackrock and State Street.

This MF’er walks the walk.

Vivek is obviously incredibly impressive. He’s just really young. Worlds better than trump Biden
It’s a shame that Trump takes up so much oxygen, because I would love to see this primary without him. The Pubs actually have an incredibly deep bench.

DeSantis, Vivek, Haley, Scott, Mayor Frank. What an impressive crew.

Who’s on the D’s bench?

Newsome, Pete and Kamala? Jelly Belly Pritzker?

A laughing stock. A farce.

Vivek is my favorite GOP candidate. And he is relentless, every day a new podcast, townhall or media hit, sometimes multiple. DeSantis could learn a thing or two in terms of putting yourself out there and going into the lions den.

And running 3rd in most polls while closing in on 10% is impressive for a guy with zero name ID before he hopped in this race.

He’s weak on Social Security and I would like him to be a little more hawkish on Ukraine (he’s willing to offer the U.S. leaving NATO as a bargaining chip to end the war).

But other than that, he’s rock solid.
I heard him on Ukraine and his position makes him a nonstarter to me. Even saying he’d consider leaving NATO is unacceptable.

Reactions: Morrison
I heard him on Ukraine and his position makes him a nonstarter to me. Even saying he’d consider leaving NATO is unacceptable.
It’s a shame that Trump takes up so much oxygen, because I would love to see this primary without him. The Pubs actually have an incredibly deep bench.

Who’s on the D’s bench?

Have to get rid of trump.

He’s at least forwarding a plan to bring an end to the conflict.

Which is better than the blank check, hope, pray, maybe Putin goes away plan being pursued by this administration and NeoCon shills.

Which is better than the blank check, hope, pray, maybe Putin goes away plan being pursued by this administration and NeoCon shills.
neocon is interesting. i'm guessing within the party aloha's brand of conservatism is dying out. i don't see young voters pulling the trigger for the type of candidates aloha would support

God damn. Must be hard to go through life being so thoroughly wrong, literally all the time.

yea, that may be how he defines woke but most people/dems that get accused of being woke don't fall under what he defines it as being. So are you saying he is campaigning on what? fighting a small handful of people that are actually woke while his followers pretend that number is much bigger than it actually is because they accuse anyone that disagrees with their views as being woke.

Here is one of your idiots trying to define woke.

Nope, I don't go through life being wrong. Might get yourself a mirror on that one.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey

Who’s on the D’s bench?

that you think desantis is worthy of being on any list shows partisan bias ;) Most of your R list belongs in the nuthouse.

Kristen Wiig Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

A conservative candidate is a nonstarter for Aloha!!!
That’s a stupid comment. You should keep the stupid to yourself. In what world is offering to leave NATO conservative? That’s the opposite of conservative. He’s acceptably conservative on other issues, but somethings are disqualifying, and offering to leave NATO is one. Right now I’m good with the Governors.

Last edited:
He also wants birthright citizenship to end, along with the constitutional right to vote at the age of 18. I read he supports a constitutional amendment that requires citizens to “earn” their right to vote.

I disagree with you. Language matters in politics and Republicans have neglected it for several decades and it’s why they have won 1 Presidential popular vote in 30 years. It’s not 1980 anymore. You can’t just talk about tax cuts and hope people vote for you.

People are constantly inundated with information shaping their perspective, today. You can’t tell them what to think, but you sure as hell can tell them what to think about. Gun Rights, MAGA, Far-Right, white nationalist, women’s right to choose, Trumpers, the many phobia’s are all examples of this. Conservatives need to learn to play the game better and woke us an example. Of course liberals don’t like it, that’s the point. Attach negative emotions to the other side when you hear the words.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
I think it is a serious issue. Not the only one, but it is one. It affects education, jobs, interpersonal relationships, etc. Foreign policy and the debt ceiling debates don't touch me on a day-to-day basis; the other stuff does.

A plan is no problem. An unacceptable plan is. If he modifies the plan to something acceptable he might be acceptable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT