ADVERTISEMENT

Uh oh. Romeo has a new contract.

I had to go look it up. I assumed it was a short term deal too.

What is an Exhibit 10 contract?
An Exhibit 10 contract is a one-year, minimum salary contract with no other bonuses. The Exhibit 10 attachment gives NBA teams the ability to convert the contract into a Two-Way deal, but only if they do it before the start of the regular season.

They are usually non-guaranteed, allowing teams to waive the player without taking a cap hit. In that situation, the player would earn a bonus of between $5,000 to $50,000 if they remain with the team's G League affiliate for 60 days.

Exhibit 10s are handy to teams for a couple of reasons. For one, they allow the flexibility to either retain the player on a minimum deal or convert the contract to a Two-Way depending on their performance. They also allow for the player to be waived at no cap penalty if the team isn't sold on their potential.

Source

Well he is at least getting a shot. He will have to prove to them he belongs which certainly isn’t a given at this point. I am rooting for him but he has an uphill battle still to stick in the NBA. Staying healthy would be a huge start.
Good for him and all IU fans for every IU player to stick in the league as long as they can. Make it work Romeo!

How long do teams have to claim him? I assume he might try to go over seas for the season?
no one will claim him, G league probably best chance to get another shot at the NBA, if it's about money can go to Europe but would probably be a definitive end of his nba career.

It seems my most accurate prediction ever is about to unfold. After he got drafted I stated he would be traded from the Celtics, and out of the league within 5 years.

Romeo does not love basketball. A great example of someone who peeked in HS with athletic talents but did not have the work ethic or desire to make it professionally. Shame, if he was made of the stuff Vic was, he could have been an NBA all star. All the god gifted talent in the world.

It seems my most accurate prediction ever is about to unfold. After he got drafted I stated he would be traded from the Celtics, and out of the league within 5 years.

Romeo does not love basketball. A great example of someone who peeked in HS with athletic talents but did not have the work ethic or desire to make it professionally. Shame, if he was made of the stuff Vic was, he could have been an NBA all star. All the god gifted talent in the world.
This is Tom Clean-like narcissism.

can't shoot plain and simple. and in today's NBA game that means you can't play. who knows about his work ethic. he did get some praise for his defense during his career. something he never had to do until he got to the NBA so that would say he did put the effort in. when i watched the final game of his high school career I knew he was way overrated. the Duke game made it painfully obvious. there are a million guys with his size and athleticism who never sniff the career he's had.

New Albany isn't exactly in a hotbed conference. The prior to NA winning state in 2016 (Romeo's sophomore year I believe), the Hoosier Hills Conference hadn't had a state finalist since New Albany in '96 when we still had the single-class tournament. Go back 3 more years to '93 to find the most recent State Champ in Jeffersonville. 1990 had BNL and Damon Bailey win state, and 1980 NA was runner-up again. That's it for the HHC.

All that to say, more often than not, he was a big fish in a small pond.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT