ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's bizarrely consistent views

BradStevens

All-Big Ten
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2023
I don't watch the news much, so maybe this has all been covered before.

Here are two collections of clips of Trump speaking in the past. One from 1980, one later in 1988. In both, you have to wade through the goofball partisan presenters and hits on Biden.

A few observations:

1. There have to be dozens of these types of videos. Trump was interviewed by big names for for 40 years before running for President.

2. It's funny how many of these interviewers seemed to think he should run for President in the 80s.

3. He has been consistent in his reading of foreign policy and trade. Don't think that necessarily makes him right, but those policies authentically are what he thinks will work.

4. Didn't know MAGA Australians were a thing.

Here are two collections of clips of Trump speaking in the past. One from 1980, one later in 1988. In both, you have to wade through the goofball partisan presenters and hits on Biden.

A few observations:

1. There have to be dozens of these types of videos. Trump was interviewed by big names for for 40 years before running for President.

2. It's funny how many of these interviewers seemed to think he should run for President in the 80s.

3. He has been consistent in his reading of foreign policy and trade. Don't think that necessarily makes him right, but those policies authentically are what he thinks will work.

Read my post on trump saving that girl from a grooming predator. Those are my favorite trump stories. The feel good ones

Reactions: BradStevens
Another one. This one from 1998. Trump's eye-for-an-eye approach (also believed in by plenty of posters here) starts at about 4:56. This is consistent with the idea he would further weaponize DOJ if elected:

Reactions: DDE-6-20-23
Another one. This one from 1998. Trump's eye-for-an-eye approach (also believed in by plenty of posters here) starts at about 4:56. This is consistent with the idea he would further weaponize DOJ if elected:

Republicans are being wussies and turning the other cheek and the Democrats are running right over them. It’s time to go the “eye for eye” route.

Republicans are being wussies and turning the other cheek and the Democrats are running right over them. It’s time to go the “eye for eye” route.
Trump must have been the most interviewed man running for President in history in 2016, I'd forgotten how much the media loved to cover him back in the day.

A few observations:

You call it consistency. I call it integrity

• Haha
Reactions: snarlcakes
Wut? He's been a known hustler and cheat for decades. He didn't run as a democrat because he knew he wouldn't get any votes plus he loves the gullible and stupid... liek most conmen do..

You would ... since you have no personal concept of the word.

Dream team, DeSantis, Biden ... ... you're either blatantly wrong, lying or completely FOS about anything you post..
Dumb

Where do you think people like Rona Barrett came up with the idea that Trump should run for president? She was a trashy gossip columnist that no one took seriously.

Reactions: Bowlmania
Wut? He's been a known hustler and cheat for decades. He didn't run as a democrat because he knew he wouldn't get any votes plus he loves the gullible and stupid... liek most conmen do..
He didn't run as a democrat because Hillary had that spot and nobody was going to take that from her (ask Bernie), she was the perfect establishment playing card. Remember above posts. "I will run only if I have to". There's been enough exposed truth on this board about Obama and Hillary to write a novel. The democrats created Trump and he had to run.

As Brad has pointed out and many others on this board have throughout the years is his video's where he talked about politics. It was always the same message and they loved him until he ran as a pub. Then it was instantaneous vitriol and pure hatred.

If you’re right, what’s that say about the Dems bending their knees and begging for his favor? Lol.

Where do you think people like Rona Barrett came up with the idea that Trump should run for president? She was a trashy gossip columnist that no one took seriously.
Trump was popular (and even likable) in the '80s. Then he started running companies into the ground and the bankruptcies began. He was literally the biggest loser (financially) in the US for a ten-year period. Then his parents died (major inheritance) and he got The Apprentice gig and he was back.

Last edited:
Trump must have been the most interviewed man running for President in history in 2016, I'd forgotten how much the media loved to cover him back in the day.
How about how much he loved the country and wondered why in the hell are our politicians let foreign countries steal from us. We would probably have a much better balance sheet if this was handled properly years ago!!!

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Crazy how Obama never discovered this, right?
He couldn't have picked a better fall guy and "Norton" than Biden. The guy was a dead end, political establishment hack, that would do or say whatever needed to continue down the path.

Crazy how Obama never discovered this, right?
It’s also crazy how much more popular Trump is becoming among African Americans. I guess they haven’t discovered his racism either.

As I’ve said before, I don’t think Trump OR Biden are genuinely racists.

I just think it’s funny how you guys squeal endlessly about how racist Trump is and never ever call Joe out on his.

If you’re right, what’s that say about the Dems bending their knees and begging for his favor? Lol.
While Biden flows with the wind trying to get behind what he thinks is the mood of the day trump has stayed, uhhhh what would be the right word, ah!!! True! True to his beliefs. True to his principles.

Here’s a wild idea for 2024 that I think we can all get behind. Let’s bring back truth and integrity. Let’s get rid of the politicians!!!!!

#trump2024. #truth. #integrity. #yearofthebit

Last edited:
It’s also crazy how much more popular Trump is becoming among African Americans. I guess they haven’t discovered his racism either.

I just think it’s funny how you guys squeal endlessly about how racist Trump is and never ever call Joe out on his.
Every time they buy that family size bag of ruffles they think JOE BIDEN DID THIS SHIT. The Dow. The economy 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Biden has been cuffed for years. He isn’t improving squat. Left to his own devices we saw what he did

Yes, Biden opposed busing 50 years ago and was buds with some long-since-dead segregationists in Congress. His voting record in Congress, though, was consistently and overwhelmingly pro-voting rights, pro-fair housing, and pro-equal opportunity for minorities.

It strains credulity to suggest that the first black nominee for US president would select a racist as his running matter. It strains credulity because it's not credible.

Now let's talk about Don the Con. Just two weeks after the Central Park attack, Trump took out full page ads in four New York papers calling for the death penalty for the five suspects. Before adjudication. Before conviction. Before trial. But it gets worse. Years later, after the CP5 served lengthy prison sentences for crimes they didn't commit and after they were exonerated by DNA evidence, Trump not only refused to apologize but suggested that they were guilty despite proof that they weren't.

I could go on. The "Mexican" judge born in Indiana, "very fine people - - on both sides," etc.

There's a major disparity here. It's too bad you can't see it.

Yes, Biden opposed busing 50 years ago and was buds with some long-since-dead segregationists in Congress. His voting record in Congress, though, was consistently and overwhelmingly pro-voting rights, pro-fair housing, and pro-equal opportunity for minorities.

It strains credulity to suggest that the first black nominee for US president would select a racist as his running matter. It strains credulity because it's not credible.

Now let's talk about Don the Con. Just two weeks after the Central Park attack, Trump took out full page ads in four New York papers calling for the death penalty for the five suspects. Before adjudication. Before conviction. Before trial. But it gets worse. Years later, after the CP5 served lengthy prison sentences for crimes they didn't commit and after they were exonerated by DNA evidence, Trump not only refused to apologize but suggested that they were guilty despite proof that they weren't.

I could go on. The "Mexican" judge born in Indiana, "very fine people - - on both sides," etc.

Just leave the thread you're not convincing anyone of anything. The fact that there is a trump thread and you light footed it until you attacked was hilarious. GTFO Go back and dig up some more msm BS and swim in it today.

Brad is correct it's a consistent message and always was!

A few observations:

I’ve said it several times, he’s a 90s Democrat. Still is today.

This is why you’re a partisan hack who cannot be taken seriously.

Let’s take a look at Joes problematic history, shall we?

“Biden white-splained that Latinos in America resist vaccinations because “they’re worried that they’ll be vaccinated and deported.”

This statement makes the insane assumption that all Latinos present in this country are illegal aliens subject to expulsion. It never occurred to Biden that more than 60 million Latinos are actually American citizens, according to recent census figures.”

“On Charlamagne Tha God’s popular morning radio show in May 2020, Biden infamously asserted to the largely black audience that if they were unsure of whether to vote for him or Trump, then “you ain’t black!””

“Then in August 2020, Biden told a gathering of black and Hispanic journalists that “unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.””

“In the same interview, responding to a question on whether he had taken a cognitive test, Biden angrily fired back with the suggestion that the black reporter was a drug addict.

“That’s like saying you . . . before you got in this program, you’re take [sic] a test whether you’re taking cocaine or not,” Biden said. “What do you think? Huh? Are you a junkie?””

“In 2010, he warmly eulogized Sen. Robert Byrd, a former Exalted Cyclopsin the Ku Klux Klan, saying he was “one of my mentors” and that “the Senate is a lesser place for his going.””

“In 2007, he referred to Barack Obama as “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean.””

“In 2006, he said, “You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.””

Way back in 1977, he said that forced busing to desegregate schools would cause his children to “grow up in a racial jungle.”

Of course, he infamously worked with segregationist senators to oppose that mandatory busing, which decades later led to the strongest moment in Kamala Harris’s campaign for president, when she blasted him as having personally impacted her as a young girl.”

If what you posted makes Trump a racist, then this sure as hell makes Biden one. You can’t have it both ways.

Unless, of course, you’re a partisan hack who should not be taken seriously.

“Very fine people on both sides” is bullshit. You know it’s bullshit. Yet you repeat it here.

That makes you a liar. And liars are despicable.

Poor kids can be as smart as white kids. Joe’s like a drunk with his true self slipping out
“Biden white-splained that Latinos in America resist vaccinations because “they’re worried that they’ll be vaccinated and deported.”

This statement makes the insane assumption that all Latinos present in this country are illegal aliens subject to expulsion. It never occurred to Biden that more than 60 million Latinos are actually American citizens, according to recent census figures.”

“On Charlamagne Tha God’s popular morning radio show in May 2020, Biden infamously asserted to the largely black audience that if they were unsure of whether to vote for him or Trump, then “you ain’t black!””

“Then in August 2020, Biden told a gathering of black and Hispanic journalists that “unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.””

“In the same interview, responding to a question on whether he had taken a cognitive test, Biden angrily fired back with the suggestion that the black reporter was a drug addict.

“That’s like saying you . . . before you got in this program, you’re take [sic] a test whether you’re taking cocaine or not,” Biden said. “What do you think? Huh? Are you a junkie?””

“In 2010, he warmly eulogized Sen. Robert Byrd, a former Exalted Cyclopsin the Ku Klux Klan, saying he was “one of my mentors” and that “the Senate is a lesser place for his going.””

“In 2007, he referred to Barack Obama as “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean.””

“In 2006, he said, “You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.””

Way back in 1977, he said that forced busing to desegregate schools would cause his children to “grow up in a racial jungle.”

Of course, he infamously worked with segregationist senators to oppose that mandatory busing, which decades later led to the strongest moment in Kamala Harris’s campaign for president, when she blasted him as having personally impacted her as a young girl.”

If what you posted makes Trump a racist, then this sure as hell makes Biden one. You can’t have it both ways.

I

This is why you’re a partisan hack who cannot be taken seriously.

Let’s take a look at Joes problematic history, shall we?

Well the stuff you just referenced was buried in the media. Trump burps and its national news. How many times do you beat a dead horse before it turns to earth.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978

A few observations:

On number 4, Sky News, just like the NY Post is a Murdoch company...

Reactions: BradStevens
How about how much he loved the country and wondered why in the hell are our politicians let foreign countries steal from us. We would probably have a much better balance sheet if this was handled properly years ago!!!
Yeah he loved the country,esp the common citizens...And he loved criticizing NATO...

However at the same time he had no problems with Russia. Particularly Russian Gangsters who were renting/buying properties from him and paying him millions of dollars...

The role of Russian gangsters as tenants and benefactors of Trump (particularly Trump Tower) is well documented. But best selling journalist/author Craig Unger in "House of Trump House of Putin" points out a key difference between American gangsters and the Russian Mafia types both Trump and Rudy have associated with for decades...

"The key point I want to get across in the book is that the Russian mafia is different than the American mafia, and I think a lot of Americans don’t understand this. In Russia, the mafia is essentially a state actor. When I interviewed Gen. Oleg Kalugin, who is a former head of counterintelligence in the KGB and had been Vladimir Putin’s boss at one point, I asked him about the mafia. He said, “Oh, it’s part of the KGB. It’s part of the Russian government.”

And that’s essential to the whole premise of the book. Trump was working with the Russian mafia for more than 30 years. He was profiting from them. They rescued him. They bailed him out. They took him from being $4 billion in debt to becoming a multibillionaire again, and they fueled his political ambitions, starting more than 30 years ago. This means Trump was in bed with the Kremlin as well, whether he knew it or not."

it's a fascinating read and helps to explain the question of why all these videos exist of Trump attacking NATO allies, but you'll struggle to find one of him criticizing Russia...

Unger also points out how news of Trump's 2016 election was received in Moscow, particularly within the Kremlin...

On November 9, 2016, just a few minutes after Donald Trump was elected president of the United States, a man named Vyacheslav Nikonov approached a microphone in the Russian State Duma (their equivalent of the US House of Representatives) and made a very unusual statement.

“Dear friends, respected colleagues!” Nikonov said. “Three minutes ago, Hillary Clinton admitted her defeat in US presidential elections, and a second ago Trump started his speech as an elected president of the United States of America, and I congratulate you on this.”

Btw, Nikonov at that time was a leader in the Pro Putin United Russia Party. He is also the grandson of a man named Vyacheslav Molotov , who is the person the Molotov cocktail is named after...

I'm curious why you think one of Putin's henchmen was so ecstatic when Trump won in 2016?

If you're not impressed with Trump's long time ties to the Russian Mafia, I can also regale you with the tale of the corruption and money-laundering within The Trump Ocean Club in Panama...

"Trump may not have deliberately set out to facilitate criminal activity in his business dealings. But, as this Global Witness investigation shows, licensing his brand to the luxurious Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower in Panama aligned Trump’s financial interests with those of crooks looking to launder ill-gotten gains. Trump seems to have done little to nothing to prevent this. What is clear is that proceeds from Colombian cartels’ narcotics trafficking were laundered through the Trump Ocean Club and that Donald Trump was one of the beneficiaries.

One key player in the laundering of drug money at the Trump Ocean Club was notorious fraudster David Eduardo Helmut Murcia Guzmán, whom a U.S. court subsequently sentenced to nine years for laundering millions of dollars' worth of illicit funds, including narcotics proceeds, through companies and real estate.

Another was Murcia Guzmán’s business associate, Alexandre Henrique Ventura Nogueira, who brokered nearly a third of the 666 pre-construction unit sales at the Trump Ocean Club and claims to have sold 350-400 units overall. Ventura Nogueira’s sales brokerage was critical to ensuring the project’s lift-off and Trump’s ability to earn tens of millions of dollars."

And while the main players in the Trump Panama saga were key Columbian Cartel figures, there was also a Russian Mafia connection there as well...

"A large number of those involved with the Trump Ocean Club in its early phase were Russian and Eastern European citizens or diaspora members. In an interview with NBC and Reuters, Ventura Nogueira said that 50 percent of his buyers were Russian, and that some had “questionable backgrounds.” He added that he found out later that some were part of the Russian Mafia."

Is this what Eric meant in 2014 when he told golf writer James Dodson that Trump got all the money he needed to fund his golf courses from Russia.

Trump loves money and power.And he's been able to con and grift himself into vast amounts of both...

Yeah he loved the country,esp the common citizens...And he loved criticizing NATO...

However at the same time he had no problems with Russia. Particularly Russian Gangsters who were renting/buying properties from him and paying him millions of dollars...

The role of Russian gangsters as tenants and benefactors of Trump (particularly Trump Tower) is well documented. But best selling journalist/author Craig Unger in "House of Trump House of Putin" points out a key difference between American gangsters and the Russian Mafia types both Trump and Rudy have associated with for decades...

"The key point I want to get across in the book is that the Russian mafia is different than the American mafia, and I think a lot of Americans don’t understand this. In Russia, the mafia is essentially a state actor. When I interviewed Gen. Oleg Kalugin, who is a former head of counterintelligence in the KGB and had been Vladimir Putin’s boss at one point, I asked him about the mafia. He said, “Oh, it’s part of the KGB. It’s part of the Russian government.”

And that’s essential to the whole premise of the book. Trump was working with the Russian mafia for more than 30 years. He was profiting from them. They rescued him. They bailed him out. They took him from being $4 billion in debt to becoming a multibillionaire again, and they fueled his political ambitions, starting more than 30 years ago. This means Trump was in bed with the Kremlin as well, whether he knew it or not."

it's a fascinating read and helps to explain the question of why all these videos exist of Trump attacking NATO allies, but you'll struggle to find one of him criticizing Russia...

Unger also points out how news of Trump's 2016 election was received in Moscow, particularly within the Kremlin...

On November 9, 2016, just a few minutes after Donald Trump was elected president of the United States, a man named Vyacheslav Nikonov approached a microphone in the Russian State Duma (their equivalent of the US House of Representatives) and made a very unusual statement.

“Dear friends, respected colleagues!” Nikonov said. “Three minutes ago, Hillary Clinton admitted her defeat in US presidential elections, and a second ago Trump started his speech as an elected president of the United States of America, and I congratulate you on this.”

Btw, Nikonov at that time was a leader in the Pro Putin United Russia Party. He is also the grandson of a man named Vyacheslav Molotov , who is the person the Molotov cocktail is named after...

I'm curious why you think one of Putin's henchmen was so ecstatic when Trump won in 2016?

If you're not impressed with Trump's long time ties to the Russian Mafia, I can also regale you with the tale of the corruption and money-laundering within The Trump Ocean Club in Panama...

"Trump may not have deliberately set out to facilitate criminal activity in his business dealings. But, as this Global Witness investigation shows, licensing his brand to the luxurious Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower in Panama aligned Trump’s financial interests with those of crooks looking to launder ill-gotten gains. Trump seems to have done little to nothing to prevent this. What is clear is that proceeds from Colombian cartels’ narcotics trafficking were laundered through the Trump Ocean Club and that Donald Trump was one of the beneficiaries.

One key player in the laundering of drug money at the Trump Ocean Club was notorious fraudster David Eduardo Helmut Murcia Guzmán, whom a U.S. court subsequently sentenced to nine years for laundering millions of dollars' worth of illicit funds, including narcotics proceeds, through companies and real estate.

Another was Murcia Guzmán’s business associate, Alexandre Henrique Ventura Nogueira, who brokered nearly a third of the 666 pre-construction unit sales at the Trump Ocean Club and claims to have sold 350-400 units overall. Ventura Nogueira’s sales brokerage was critical to ensuring the project’s lift-off and Trump’s ability to earn tens of millions of dollars."

And while the main players in the Trump Panama saga were key Columbian Cartel figures, there was also a Russian Mafia connection there as well...

"A large number of those involved with the Trump Ocean Club in its early phase were Russian and Eastern European citizens or diaspora members. In an interview with NBC and Reuters, Ventura Nogueira said that 50 percent of his buyers were Russian, and that some had “questionable backgrounds.” He added that he found out later that some were part of the Russian Mafia."

Is this what Eric meant in 2014 when he told golf writer James Dodson that Trump got all the money he needed to fund his golf courses from Russia.

Trump loves money and power.And he's been able to con and grift himself into vast amounts of both...
That’s garbage. Nonsense. Bullshit.

That’s garbage. Nonsense. Bullshit.
There are a number of books on the subject. If horrible people are spreading horrible lies about Trump, shouldn't he sue for defamation?

Oh that's right... Lawsuits require pesky things like sworn depositions and discovery. And if you claim someone defamed you and that person can prove what they claim is true, then that's not defamation...

Curious what part you think is a lie?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT