ADVERTISEMENT

Trump v. God

Trump was biden's best hope for another 4 years.

Maybe we will get some younger choices

Last edited:
Trump was biden's best hope for another 4 years.

Maybe we will get some younger choices
You finally write something that I agree with. :) Seriously, it's sad but true that Trump has been the best weapon the Democrats have had since 2016.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
What the heck. This thread is as good of place as any to link this interesting article:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/01/27/apocalypse-coming-christian-nationalism-00079317
Good read.

The growing anti-democratic sentiment within the Christian nationalist movement ("there's a sense that democracy may have to be martyred in order to save [the country]") is what I find most troubling.

Crucifixes, statues of Mary and images of Jesus - - the Prince of Peace - - at the January 6 riot? What a grotesque bastardization of Christianity.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
What the heck. This thread is as good of place as any to link this interesting article:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/01/27/apocalypse-coming-christian-nationalism-00079317
1. Christianity has never been “implicitly” white. To the contrary, even MLK/civil rights would have likely failed but for white Christians (and Jews) helping demand rights for African Americans. “White” abolitionists would also disagree - their foundational opposition to slavery was inextricable intertwined with Christianity.

2. ”Christians against Roe v. Wade” isn’t the first time a group has seen some issue as having “supercharged” importance and giving their “cause” a “special” role, or getting violent because of it. The Weathermen, SDS, Black Panthers, etc. weren’t about white conservative Christianity.

I stopped when he tied the “prayer in schools” cases with redneck Democrat racists in the south.

1. Christianity has never been “implicitly” white. To the contrary, even MLK/civil rights would have likely failed but for white Christians (and Jews) helping demand rights for African Americans. “White” abolitionists would also disagree - their foundational opposition to slavery was inextricable intertwined with Christianity.

2. ”Christians against Roe v. Wade” isn’t the first time a group has seen some issue as having “supercharged” importance and giving their “cause” a “special” role, or getting violent because of it. The Weathermen, SDS, Black Panthers, etc. weren’t about white conservative Christianity.

I stopped when he tied the “prayer in schools” cases with redneck Democrat racists in the south.
Interesting opinions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT