ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Trial - New York

What do you think is the most likely outcome in the New York trial?

• A guilty verdict on some or all of the counts

• An acquittal ("total exoneration!")

• A hung jury (jury cannot reach a unanimous decision and a mistrial is declared)

• Trump pleads guilty to something prior to a verdict being rendered

• Other (for example, a mistrial based on something other than a hung jury)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Statewide PA elections are now decided in the Philly suburbs (e.g. Chester, Montgomery, Bucks counties, etc.) and Trump is plummeting there, particularly among women. Obama and Shapiro will lead the get-out-the-vote charge, and Trump will be defeated in the Keystone State.

When 16% of registered Republicans (PA primaries are closed) make a point to vote for someone other than Trump -- who is already assured the nomination -- that should really give them pause. dbm and the like can come up with all the convoluted polling data they want, but PA Republicans are telling us something.

Saw a pollster from Pew yesterday on C Span who claimed Independents when looked at closely actually lean towards one party or the other when it comes to voting.

Maybe some truth to this.
I doubt there are any truly independent voters. I think the term is mostly used for voters who can be potentially swayed to the other side.

Of course, since most arguments are about trump, most posters that are against trump get labeled as dems even if they aren't really dems.

I doubt there are any truly independent voters. I think the term is mostly used for voters who can be potentially swayed to the other side.

Of course, since most arguments are about trump, most posters that are against trump get labeled as dems even if they aren't really dems.

I have to believe there are more Republicans who won't vote for Trump than there are Democrats who won't vote for Biden.

Have you not heard of Outside Shooter and Courtsense?

Anyone think Melania would have been pouring through the financial documents to see if Trump was cheating on her?

I wonder if they could put Melania on the stand to see if she EVER looked at those statements to point where Trump would have had a valid reason to feel the need to falsify them.
Unbelievable

When 16% of registered Republicans (PA primaries are closed) make a point to vote for someone other than Trump -- who is already assured the nomination -- that should really give them pause. dbm and the like can come up with all the convoluted polling data they want, but PA Republicans are telling us something.
What does it tell you? That there is no real incentive to vote in the Primary since Trump is the only one running and the only ones motivated to get out and vote are the anti-Trumpers?

What does it tell you? That there is no real incentive to vote in the Primary since Trump is the only one running and the only ones motivated to get out and vote are the anti-Trumpers?

There would have been many other races on the ballot, giving them reason to go to the polls. But of those who chose to participate, 16% specifically chose to vote for a candidate other than Trump, one who dropped out over a month ago. And again, we're talking about registered Republicans, not Democrat crossovers playing games with the primary system.

Reactions: cosmickid
Is it possible that one doesn't have to be a "partisan loon" to believe Trump must be brought low by any means possible? Are the Lincoln Project Republicans "partisan loons"? It would seem to me the "partisan loons" would be the ones who will defend and support Trump at any cost, because Republican.
No, because Trump. The hardcore Trimpsters care nothing about other Republicans or the party. They turn on any Republican that doesn’t pretend to support Trump. They don’t care if the GOP loses the House and Senate if Trump wins. It’s 100 percent about Trump. That’s TDS in a nutshell.

There would have been many other races on the ballot, giving them reason to go to the polls. But of those who chose to participate, 16% specifically chose to vote for a candidate other than Trump, one who dropped out over a month ago. And again, we're talking about registered Republicans, not Democrat crossovers playing games with the primary system.
Oh, I don't doubt Pennsylvania will vote for Biden. They love voting for the brain-dead, as shown by voting Fetterman in - Biden looks almost normal by comparison to how Fetterman was.

A Republican doesn't stand a chance.

It isn't just Trump that is scary.

They want to turn America into the Nazis of the 21st century. If Trump wins. then be prepared to pass a loyalty test to make sure you are a good yes man to King Trump. Wonder if fed employees would get red arm bands once they pass the test.
The Koch brothers aren’t pro-Trump. Media Matters must have invoked them by habit.

So the waving of those little Ukraine flags really bothers you I take it? What was your reaction to the Confederate battle flags being paraded through the Capitol?
What country do we live in? How much money have we sent them? We have our own problems here we don't need to be sending the most well know corrupt country billions Mark. Look at the topics we discuss here daily those need addressed. We are doing more for immigrants than we are for our own veterans. These so called elected officials are doing what they are told, not serving the people of this country. JMHO

But lets keep supporting this guys habit LOL

Reactions: dbmhoosier
You know how I know this isn't true..

New England has red hats, which he would never support.
I can't see which moron you are responding to, (thanks, ignore list!) but my hat collection includes

-IU, many varieties, I've been a fan since George McGinnis committed in 1969

-Cincinnati Reds- the classic red one, I've been a fan since the assembly of the Big Red Machine in about 1970

-Indiana Pacers- blue and gold, and one with the ABA logo, I've been a fan since I attended games with a church group at the Fairgrounds in about 1970

NE Patriots- mostly blue, a flying Elvis one and a Pat Patriot one. There was no NFL in Indiana growing up. I got the Sporting News to follow the Reds and Pacers, started following New England in the early 1970s, with my favorite player Sam Cunningham.

I'm no turncoat, so I'd never ditch the Pats just because the Colts moved in.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Question for NHL fans who live in central Indiana.

If Indy got an NHL team, would your ditch your favorite team for the Indy team? No, right? That seems silly and fair-weathered. It's how I would have been if I had ditched the Patriots for the Colts in the 80s just because the Mayflower trucks snuck in during the night.

What country do we live in? How much money have we sent them? We have our own problems here we don't need to be sending the most well know corrupt country billions Mark. Look at the topics we discuss here daily those need addressed. We are doing more for immigrants than we are for our own veterans. These so called elected officials are doing what they are told, not serving the people of this country. JMHO

It’s a stupid thing to be outraged about. After 9/11 people around the world waved little US flags in solidarity with us. Showing some solidarity with a democratic nation invaded by Putin’s Russia is not a problem. I realize the MAGAs are expressing faux outrage, but normal Republicans and other Americans are not.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
What country do we live in? How much money have we sent them? We have our own problems here we don't need to be sending the most well know corrupt country billions Mark. Look at the topics we discuss here daily those need addressed. We are doing more for immigrants than we are for our own veterans.

So you don't really give a shit about the flags then? That was all bullshit?

Isn't it now "Koch brother" without the plural?
Oh, you believe that line about the other one dying? Let me guess: you think we landed on the moon, too.

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Talk about putting lipstick on a pig...

I'm not sure what point whoever that guy is was trying to make. The issue is not comparing turnout in the 2020 primary vs the 2024 primary among either registered Dems or Pubs. The issue is that 2 months after she left the race when anyone who voted for her knew she had no shot over 156,000 registered GOP voters in PA turned out to vote for Hailey.You think those same people are just going to boycott the general after making the concerted effort to come out and vote against Trump yesterday?

Trump got 83% of the GOP vote statewide, but did much worse in the Philly burbs where the race will be decided.
In the 4 suburban counies that border Philly (and were GOP prior to Trump) Biden got more votes than Trump in everyone. The only one that was relatively close was Bucks where Biden tallied 56,000 to Trump's 49,000. But in Montgomery the discrepancy was huge 87,000 to 38,000. And despite all his supposed inroads with Black voters the tally in Philadelphia Co was 130,000 to 14,000.

Trump lost PA in 2020 by about 82,000 votes and last night Haley got over 160,000 votes. What % of those Haley voters esp in the burbs who came out to vote against Trump do you imagine will vote for him in the fall?

Three former Republicans to spell it all out...

No, because Trump. The hardcore Trimpsters care nothing about other Republicans or the party. They turn on any Republican that doesn’t pretend to support Trump. They don’t care if the GOP loses the House and Senate if Trump wins. It’s 100 percent about Trump. That’s TDS in a nutshell
Are there voters who you would call soft core Trumpers?

It’s a stupid thing to be outraged about. After 9/11 people around the world waved little US flags in solidarity with us. Showing some solidarity with a democratic nation invaded by Putin’s Russia is not a problem. I realize the MAGAs are expressing faux outrage, but normal Republicans and other Americans are not.
Do you really think Ukraine can win this with the recently approved foreign aid package? I think we are now on a fools errand. To turn the tide we will need to escalate probably with our own and NATO troops and other assets . We have slouched our way into an impossible situation.

There are no normal republicans, only compromised cowards. Anyone not realizing that at this point needs a mental evaluation. But yea, lets send more billions to a corrupt country and wave our little flags for the pentagon so they can say "good little minions".

Do you really think Ukraine can win this with the recently approved foreign aid package? I think we are now on a fools errand. To turn the tide we will need to escalate probably with our own and NATO troops and other assets . We have slouched our way into an impossible situation.
There are voters that support and will vote for Trump solely because he claims to be a Republican. They know he's a liar and a POS as a person but will overlook it because he's a Republican. The hard core Trumpsters don't care about the party at all. They don't care about maintaining Congress. They won't even think about voting for another Republican for President. It's Trump or nothing.

Ukraine can at least temporarily turn the tide with more weapons and munitions and that's what we need. We will much more likely see NATO get involved if we don't do this.

Anyone think Melania would have been pouring through the financial documents to see if Trump was cheating on her?

I wonder if they could put Melania on the stand to see if she EVER looked at those statements to point where Trump would have had a valid reason to feel the need to falsify them.

Melania is my hero in all this as she stands by her man.

The "man" in this case IMO isn't Trump. It is Melania's son Baron.

Say this because during Melania's pregnancy and time after Baron's birth our former president was doing his thing.

So as a good mother and forgiving wife, Melania gets my hero award.

There are no normal republicans, only compromised cowards. Anyone not realizing that at this point needs a mental evaluation. But yea, lets send more billions to a corrupt country and wave our little flags for the pentagon so they can say "good little minions".
Cowards?!? There is no bigger coward than Trump who whines incessantly about being persecuted, and his followers who do the same on his behalf are cowardly as well. It's the most cowardly behavior I've ever seen in politics. So much cowardice. It's an embarrassment.

Cowards?!? There is no bigger coward than Trump who whines incessantly about being persecuted, and his followers who do the same on his behalf are cowardly as well. It's the most cowardly behavior I've ever seen in politics. So much cowardice. It's an embarrassment.

It is funny, Omar, Ocasio-Cortez, Bernie, all voted no. Any doubt the far left and far right are now the same thing? Just about everything the MAGA right posts could have been written by Winners.

Trump a coward, c'mon Aloha. He courageously fought STDs for the entire duration of the Vietnam war. You don't have to believe me, just ask him.

Spousal privilege. He's an idiot.
No. It's not absolute.

Spousal privilege only protects private communications between spouses.

So, if Trump came home and told Melania that he screwed Stormy Daniels, paid her to keep quiet about it and used false documents to do so, maybe there's a part of that which Melania couldn't testify about.

But if Melania saw, read or heard something that was not a private communication from her spouse, she can speak freely.

It has nothing to do with Trump, but here you are.

It has to do with all the money we send and since you brought up democratic nations don't democratic nations hold elections? Ukraine didn't. And yes cowards with no backbone whatsoever. They have full blown jumped in the boat with dems now and have made it clear there is no Republican Party anymore. Just a bought and paid for uniparty that sold out!

Here's whom you are supporting:

GTY_putin_shirtless_horse_sk_140402_4x3_992.jpg

ya gotta look at the full context. we've spent a fraction of what we spend yearly on defense in helping Ukraine, have supported a democracy we helped make this bed with, and have bogged down our biggest military rival, who is mostly out of reach of our trade/ financial sanctions. these are successes. tells the world "this is what America can do for you."

ukraine can't win this with any single aid package but they can put themselves in a position for a more acceptable agreement. having the US and Europe as active partners greatly helps their leverage. and this also lets russia know what the cost would be to move upon a NATO ally. our aid packages have been a pain in their ass.

want to spend a trillion dollars? escalate this with NATO or US troops.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
No. It's not absolute.

Spousal privilege only protects private communications between spouses.

So, if Trump came home and told Melania that he screwed Stormy Daniels, paid her to keep quiet about it and used false documents to do so, maybe there's a part of that which Melania couldn't testify about.

But if Melania saw, read or heard something that was not a private communication from her spouse, she can speak freely.
Melania has probably secretly testified. She’d like nothing better than to be able to stay married to him and him be confined. She’s sure been supportive of him in the courtroom. TIC kinda

It has nothing to do with Trump, but here you are.

It has to do with all the money we send and since you brought up democratic nations don't democratic nations hold elections? Ukraine didn't. And yes cowards with no backbone whatsoever. They have full blown jumped in the boat with dems now and have made it clear there is no Republican Party anymore. Just a bought and paid for uniparty that sold out!
Ukraine is in a full blown emergency. It’s a war for its existence. They rightly declared martial law. How could they hold a viable election in this situation?

Melania is my hero in all this as she stands by her man.

The "man" in this case IMO isn't Trump. It is Melania's son Baron.

Say this because during Melania's pregnancy and time after Baron's birth our former president was doing his thing.

So as a good mother and forgiving wife, Melania gets my hero award.
She must not have a premarital agreement that she can void.

Barron was only about six months old when Trump was involved with Stormy. Melania has done this math. Some day, Barron will do the same math, too.

She must not have a premarital agreement that she can void.

Barron was only about six months old when Trump was involved with Stormy. Melania has done this math. Some day, Barron will do the same math, too.
She’s worth a fortune on her own. No idea what you are getting at

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT