ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Trial - New York

What do you think is the most likely outcome in the New York trial?

• A guilty verdict on some or all of the counts

• An acquittal ("total exoneration!")

• A hung jury (jury cannot reach a unanimous decision and a mistrial is declared)

• Trump pleads guilty to something prior to a verdict being rendered

• Other (for example, a mistrial based on something other than a hung jury)

Results are only viewable after voting.
abusing the judicial process.
Your boy wrote the book on that - - a professional civil litigant who weaponized the system long before he was a criminal defendant. Now he's making a mockery of the criminal justice system

And yes, despite your protestations, the sum and substance of your posting here reflects that he is clearly "your boy."

Reactions: UncleMark
It’s playing contortionist with statutes to criminalize politics that had zero impact on the outcome led by a biased prosecutor
There's been just one full day of testimony. I think it's prudent to wait and see what's to come, both with testimony and documentary evidence.

Everybody's biased. Some are just more subtle about it than others.

Your boy wrote the book on that - - a professional civil litigant who weaponized the system long before he was a criminal defendant. Now he's making a mockery of the criminal justice system

And yes, despite your protestations, the sum and substance of your posting here reflects that he is clearly "your boy."
You never posted anything the least bit interesting, informative or even entertaining on this board.

That fact somebody like you even reads my posts leads me to think I’ve lost a step.

Capone was responsible for more than 200 murders. Stop the stupidity. You want to ascribe deaths and crime to defunding the police and bail projects and the summer of love riots and the millions we know nothing about crossing the border and compare which party is more dangerous?.

If you want to stop the stupidity, then stop posting.

Your BS posts about Biden and the economy that you have copied and pasted in practically every thread is a bigger stretch of bull crap than comparing Capone and Trump. Sure, Trump doesn't have the murder count but he has done a bunch of other shit that Capone didn't do.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
There's been just one full day of testimony. I think it's prudent to wait and see what's to come, both with testimony and documentary evidence.

Everybody's biased. Some are just more subtle about it than others.
trump isn’t the first to sanitize his past and use/manipulate the media. I have no doubt he is guilty. But what are the consequences. He lost ny. It’s a misd offense bc it isn’t serious. If it can be pretzeled into a felony it’s the lowest class. He won’t go to jail

It’s a case that calls for prosecutorial discretion as the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. But here you have an overtly biased prosecutor. That is a larger issue than what trump has done.

Finally discretion again. This is a silly case that distracts from the others and provides voters fodder to argue they’re just out to get him.

Not a good case to file

If you want to stop the stupidity, then stop posting.

Your BS posts about Biden and the economy that you have copied and pasted in practically every thread is a bigger stretch of bull crap than comparing Capone and Trump. Sure, Trump doesn't have the murder count but he has done a bunch of other shit that Capone didn't do.
Yes that article that cites experts from brookings and the fed. That bull crap? Vs GED hickory’s opinion.

Now slither off. Those with IQs above 70 are talking

Reactions: DANC and jet812
Anyone who isn’t a partisan loon can see that.

Is it possible that one doesn't have to be a "partisan loon" to believe Trump must be brought low by any means possible? Are the Lincoln Project Republicans "partisan loons"? It would seem to me the "partisan loons" would be the ones who will defend and support Trump at any cost, because Republican.

Is it possible that one doesn't have to be a "partisan loon" to believe Trump must be brought low by any means possible? Are the Lincoln Project Republicans "partisan loons"? It would seem to me the "partisan loons" would be the ones who will defend and support Trump at any cost, because Republican.
Any means possible is the definition of hyper-partisanship as well as hypocrisy. We talk about the danger of democracy and the integrity of institutions yet want to abuse them when it fits our desires. The same could be said for the actions of Hillary and I trust many more politicians to come

Let’s see what the evidence shows in the more serious cases. But any means possible isn’t how we should operate

Any means possible is the definition of hyper-partisanship as well as hypocrisy. We talk about the danger of democracy and the integrity of institutions yet want to abuse them when it fits our desires. The same could be said for the actions of Hillary and I trust many more politicians to come

Let’s see what the evidence shows in the more serious cases. But any means possible isn’t how we should operate

I wouldn't disagree, except that it's been shown that Trump has the ability to operate outside the system and will bend or break all conventions and norms to his benefit. Gotta fight fire with fire.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
I wouldn't disagree, except that it's been shown that Trump has the ability to operate outside the system and will bend or break all conventions and norms to his benefit. Gotta fight fire with fire.

It isn't just Trump that is scary.

They want to turn America into the Nazis of the 21st century. If Trump wins. then be prepared to pass a loyalty test to make sure you are a good yes man to King Trump. Wonder if fed employees would get red arm bands once they pass the test.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jet812
The DC federal case is garbage too. Both NY cases, the DC case, and the Georgia cases charge violations of statutes for conduct not contemplated by the statutes and apply the statutes in unprecedented ways. Now evidence is percolating to the top of White House political involvement in those prosecutions,, and that also goes for the records case too.

Abusing criminal law because of a Trump political obsession is awful precedent. This will happen again. It is becoming more and more obvious that when it comes to Trump, the democrats and never Trumpers are a group of chickenshits. I don’t want Trump for president either. The way to keep him out of the Oval Office is with a better alternative candidate, not with abusing the judicial process.
What do you mean?

“By any means possible” is a huge tell. To hell with traditional due process and institutions that stood the test of time. Getting Trump by any means possible is a nail in the coffin of politics.

I look at this as the police have the right to stop you and give you a ticket for going 5 miles over the speed limit. They rarely do and everyone does it. Want to guarantee you don’t get a ticket? Don’t drive any over the speed limit. .

They want to turn America into the Nazis of the 21st century. If Trump wins. then be prepared to pass a loyalty test to make sure you are a good yes man to King Trump. Wonder if fed employees would get red arm bands once they pass the test.
That we have voters who are at once hyper partisan and incredibly stupid is the biggest issue our country faces. Easily manipulated. Brainwashed. Unable to do research. To extrapolate. To think think independently. If we wanted to improve our country we’d figure out how to educate hickory

Make Hickory Smarter campaign

Reactions: DANC
I look at this as the police have the right to stop you and give you a ticket for going 5 miles over the speed limit. They rarely do and everyone does it. Want to guarantee you don’t get a ticket? Don’t drive any over the speed limit. .
If your analogy was I hate people who drive EVs and I’m only pulling over EV drivers who speed. So we are going to do nothing but drive around looking for ev drivers

Reactions: DANC
Yes. Even illegitimate charges are extremely onerous.

that’s not the test. The question is whether politically motivated prosecutors and judges are abusing the judicial process to achieve an objective not intended by the law.
I was talking about the people who claim Trump is "innocent" and broke no laws. I don't think Bragg originally wanted to pursue this case, he'd have preferred the SDNY do their job.But that didn't happen because Trump's buddies within the DOJ blocked any attempts by the SDNY to hold him accoutable...

It's hilarious that one of the claims offered by Trump defenders is that Biden has "weaponized" the DOJ. Esp since those were the exact charges made against the Trump admin by Geoffrey Berman when he was forced out of his role as US Attny for the SDNY in June 2020.

"This episode deepened tensions between the Justice Department and congressional Democrats, who have accused Barr of politicizing the agency and acting more like Trump’s personal lawyer than the country’s chief law enforcement officer."
The administration’s push to cast aside Berman amounted to a political and constitutional clash between the Justice Department and one of the nation’s top districts, which has tried major mob, financial crimes and terrorism cases over the years.

According to Bolton there were other examples of Trump's DOJ intervening in cases involving Trump or Trump allies...

"Only days ago, allegations surfaced from former Trump national security adviser John Bolton that the president sought to interfere in an investigation by Berman’s office into the state-owned Turkish bank in an effort to cut deals with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan."

If nothing else this shows that all of the folks claiming Biden has "weaponized" the DOJ against Trump are either total hypocrites, have VERY short memories or both.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
“By any means possible” is a huge tell. To hell with traditional due process and institutions that stood the test of time. Getting Trump by any means possible is a nail in the coffin of politics.
No, electing a man like Trump was the nail in the coffin. All bets are off once you did that.

You're not going to like the "gotta fight fire with fire" reasoning when the other side does it. We all lose under that rationale.

You’re missing an important element. The point is the cop didnt stop the speeding driver to enforce the speed limit. He selected the driver because the cop is a Democrat and the driver is a Republican. The way to stop this is stop being a Republican.

No, electing a man like Trump was the nail in the coffin. All bets are off once you did that.
And there it is.

Since Trump is so evil--the next HITLER and equal to a mass murderer in Al Capone--any and every means may be used to handicap him and make sure he can't win again, no matter the damage to our institutions, norms, or conventions.

That kind of thinking is, in fact, a very great danger in a multicultural democracy.

I've seen this Project 2025 brought up by the board leftists now several times and I still fail to see what is supposedly so scary about it.

It's a Republican transition plan that lays out Conservative priorities. Are we supposed to believe the Heritage Foundation are Nazi's now? They are about as down the line, milquetoast Conservative as a think tank gets.

Unbunch your panties.

If your analogy was I hate people who drive EVs and I’m only pulling over EV drivers who speed. So we are going to do nothing but drive around looking for ev drivers
I’ve always heard that you are a target if you have an expensive, sporty looking car.

“Talented and well-practiced in every vice, a stranger to compassion or empathy, a liar and a cheat so complete in perfidy that he has elevated his dishonesty to hold it up as an ersatz moral principle. Violent, so long as he can order someone else to do the dirty work. Grotesque in body, graceless in action, in possession of a wounded self-regard so colossal as to smother any spark of grace. Treasonous, not only to country, but to every ally he has ever had, the poisoned fruit and rankest flower of racism and contempt for women, and utterly devoid of shame for his moral and spiritual bankruptcy.

That is your leader. That is to whom you give your money. That is who you follow and laud. That is whose banner you willingly carry. Why? Because he is a mirror, not a lighthouse. You see yourselves in him. He is what you would be, if you had inherited money and could shed the last vestiges of conscience and shame.

No, I do not “respect your choices,” nor do I admire your loyalty and dedication to this miserific, demoniac vision. You have demonstrated not only a lack of civic virtue, loyalty to the Republic and to the rule of law, but a willingness to engage in violence and sedition at his slightest expressed wish. And you will never, ever admit you were wrong. Because you see your dark, twisted, resentful dreams in him. And to renounce him is to renounce yourselves.”

~ Advocatus Peregrini
Drawing: "Stable Genius"
by Siegfried Woldhek
pen & ink
October 12, 2019

And there it is.

Since Trump is so evil--the next HITLER and equal to a mass murderer in Al Capone--any and every means may be used to handicap him and make sure he can't win again, no matter the damage to our institutions, norms, or conventions.

That kind of thinking is, in fact, a very great danger in a multicultural democracy.
lol, Trump has already attacked those institutions, norms and conventions and have proven to be a great danger to our democracy.

Look at the links I posted above about how the GOP is actively trying to destroy our democracy on Trump's behalf.

So yes, take out Trump by any legal means necessary.

And there it is.

I didn’t say any of those things. I only list facts. He is a criminal. He is a repeat sexual offender. He is a habitual liar. Trump has broken every norm and convention and societal construct. Nearly everyone who has worked for him will attest to the fact that he is unfit for office. I believe them. Don’t you?

“Talented and well-practiced in every vice, a stranger to compassion or empathy, a liar and a cheat so complete in perfidy that he has elevated his dishonesty to hold it up as an ersatz moral principle. Violent, so long as he can order someone else to do the dirty work. Grotesque in body, graceless in action, in possession of a wounded self-regard so colossal as to smother any spark of grace. Treasonous, not only to country, but to every ally he has ever had, the poisoned fruit and rankest flower of racism and contempt for women, and utterly devoid of shame for his moral and spiritual bankruptcy.

That is your leader. That is to whom you give your money. That is who you follow and laud. That is whose banner you willingly carry. Why? Because he is a mirror, not a lighthouse. You see yourselves in him. He is what you would be, if you had inherited money and could shed the last vestiges of conscience and shame.

No, I do not “respect your choices,” nor do I admire your loyalty and dedication to this miserific, demoniac vision. You have demonstrated not only a lack of civic virtue, loyalty to the Republic and to the rule of law, but a willingness to engage in violence and sedition at his slightest expressed wish. And you will never, ever admit you were wrong. Because you see your dark, twisted, resentful dreams in him. And to renounce him is to renounce yourselves.”

~ Advocatus Peregrini
Drawing: "Stable Genius"
by Siegfried Woldhek
pen & ink
October 12, 2019

So stupid.

There is a big difference between “ supporting” Trump and recognizing how ridiculous and unhealthy a prosecution like this is.

There is a very convincing argument to be made that setting precedent like this is actually more harmful to the future of this country than anything Trump has done.

I didn’t say any of those things. I only list facts. He is a criminal. He is a repeat sexual offender. He is a habitual liar. Nearly everyone who has worked for him will attest to the fact that he is unfit for office. I believe them. Don’t you?
I love how you engage in hyperbole but disappear when we cite Biden’s incessant lies. But far more importantly you disappear when we discuss policies and results. Actual outcomes. I want what is best for people. Don’t you?

There is a big difference between “ supporting” Trump and recognizing how ridiculous and unhealthy a prosecution like this is.

There is a very convincing argument to be made that setting precedent like this is actually more harmful to the future of this country than anything Trump has done.
Yes it is more dangerous. It’s using public institutions to go after political opponents

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
That we have voters who are at once hyper partisan and incredibly stupid is the biggest issue our country faces. Easily manipulated. Brainwashed. Unable to do research. To extrapolate. To think think independently. If we wanted to improve our country we’d figure out how to educate hickory

Make Hickory Smarter campaign
I'm not sure our country has ever been smarter or more willing to question authority than it is now.

The surface problem is that politicians and their evil henchmen (pollsters, campaign advisors, etc.) have become (1) too smart in figuring out how to manipulate human brains (we're still animals, you know) and (2) unhinged from past mores about not damaging the system in order to win power. (2) is aided by the quest to turn your opponent into the most evil person in the nation, and so it requires a win "by any means necessary" or "all bets are off."

The deeper problem is democracy itself. There's a good argument to be made that this present situation was inevitable, given human nature and advancing technology.

You are kidding right? Trump faced more litigation, met more bureaucratic foot dragging, and more congressional objections than any president in my life time.

Meanwhile Biden rewrites environmental, energy, immigration, and Title IX laws, against popular opinion, and without congressional review and people like you don’t give a shit. Barr was right, Biden is national suicide.

I'm not sure our country has ever been smarter or more willing to question authority than it is now.

The surface problem is that politicians and their evil henchmen (pollsters, campaign advisors, etc.) have become (1) too smart in figuring out how to manipulate human brains (we're still animals, you know) and (2) unhinged from past mores about not damaging the system in order to win power. (2) is aided by the quest to turn your opponent into the most evil person in the nation, and so it requires a win "by any means necessary" or "all bets are off."

The deeper problem is democracy itself. There's a good argument to be made that this present situation was inevitable, given human nature and advancing technology.
Agreed. And I’m not sure how you remedy it. That same tech has rendered things like the fairness doctrine impracticable. It’s a battle to out raise the volume of your opponent

I love how you engage in hyperbole but disappear when we cite Biden’s incessant lies. But far more importantly you disappear when we discuss policies and results. Actual outcomes. I want what is best for people. Don’t you?
I absolutely do. Which is why I support Biden. Why do you think you know better than the people who know Trump best? I know Biden lies. He doesn’t pick up a sharpie and change the path of a hurricane because he refuses to be wrong. Speaking of policy, that noncompete law that was just passed seems to be making workers pretty happy.

You are kidding right? Trump faced more litigation, met more bureaucratic foot dragging, and more congressional objections than any president in my life time.

Meanwhile Biden rewrites environmental, energy, immigration, and Title IX laws, against popular opinion, and without congressional review and people like you don’t give a shit. Barr was right, Biden is national suicide.
No I’m not kidding Trump deserves everything he gets and more. GOP should have taken him out when they had the chance. They all know it and whisper about it behind closed doors. Talk about hyperbole. National suicide. lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT