ADVERTISEMENT

Trump should not visit Springfield, Ohio

Ohio Guy

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2001
For the better part of the last week or so, Trump has been promising to visit Springfield, Ohio.

This is a monumentally bad idea.

Both the Republican governor of Ohio and mayor of Springfield have asked him not to come. Springfield’s resources are already overburdened and they’ve been relying on state high patrol to fill in gaps for every day police work. Couple that with recent failings of his secret service detail and it’s a recipe for one giant shit show. I really hope he stays away.

On top of all those concerns, Ohio isn’t a battleground state. His campaign could be better served by spending time elsewhere.

That said, as dumb and ill advised it is to go there, I fully expect him to do it. If, God forbid, something crazy happens when he’s there it won’t be because of some far left secret plan. He and his campaign fully know what the situation is.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
All it can do is highlight the fact they are lying. They should be running from this. The major advantage they have is there is no risk they can lose their base. They don’t research the facts and don’t care what they are anyway. The more they are proven as lies, the stronger they think the vonspiracy is.

For the better part of the last week or so, Trump has been promising to visit Springfield, Ohio.

Both the Republican governor of Ohio and mayor of Springfield have asked him not to come. Springfield’s resources are already overburdened and they’ve been relying on state high patrol to fill in gaps for every day police work. Couple that with recent failings of his secret service detail and it’s a recipe for one giant shit show. I really hope he stays away.

On top of all those concerns, Ohio isn’t a battleground state. His campaign could be better served by spending time elsewhere.

That said, as dumb and ill advised it is to go there, I fully expect him to do it. If, God forbid, something crazy happens when he’s there it won’t be because of some far left secret plan. He and his campaign fully know what the situation is.
Why dumb? He has constituents who are caught up in this disaster. Why ill-advised? If he didn't go to Ohio, the corrupt MSM would bleat on and on about his lack of empathy, yada yada..
Always entertaining to see TDS infected 'progressives ' advise Trump ...

Reactions: DANC
Why dumb? He has constituents who are caught up in this disaster. Why ill-advised? If he didn't go to Ohio, the corrupt MSM would bleat on and on about his lack of empathy, yada yada..
Always entertaining to see TDS infected 'progressives ' advise Trump ...

Um, because the governor, mayor, its citizens and the lady who started it all say it’s a lie?

• Haha
Reactions: Ohio Guy and DANC

Why are Springfield’s resources overburdened?

Does anyone think he gives a shit about how this will effect anyone or anything besides his own political ends?

Reactions: BCCHoosier

Classic blame the victim.

I bet any women shouldn't walk around Springfield showing too much skin - it would be their fault if they were attacked.

Amiright?

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
Classic blame the victim.

I bet any women shouldn't walk around Springfield showing too much skin - it would be their fault if they were attacked.

Amiright?
Weird that you used a rape analogy to make a criminally liable rapist out to be a victim.

Does anyone think he gives a shit about how this will affect anyone or anything besides his own political ends?
No, I don’t. That’s why I fully expect him to go there relatively soon. He definitely shouldn’t though. If he there were any sensible adults in his campaign instead of mindless sycophants, they’d accurately assess the situation and pass on going there.

The company that needed all of the employment should be contributing. That’s usually how it works when cities rapidly expand industry. The taxes from the additional revenue will also help a lot. It will take time.

Another reason not to attend is to stop terrorizing the poor parents who have pleaded for them to stop using their son’s death for political gain.

Reactions: UncleMark
The company that needed all of the employment should be contributing. That’s usually how it works when cities rapidly expand industry. The taxes from the additional revenue will also help a lot. It will take time.
That would kind of defeat the purpose of importing cheap labor if you’re going to turn around and subsidize their housing, food, city infrastructure as well.

Another reason not to attend is to stop terrorizing the poor parents who have pleaded for them to stop using their son’s death for political gain.
Spot on. Those people lost their son in a horrible accident. Politicizing their trauma is ugly is horrible and I’d guess there is a 100% chance Trump would bring it up if he visits Springfield.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
It’s good to be accurate. That’s a long way from criminal rape
You’re right. I should have used Judge Kaplan’s words more precisely:

The finding that Ms. Carroll failed to prove that she was ‘raped’ within the meaning of the New York Penal Law does not mean that she failed to prove that Mr. Trump ‘raped’ her as many people commonly understand the word ‘rape,’ ” Kaplan wrote.

He added: “Indeed, as the evidence at trial recounted below makes clear, the jury found that Mr. Trump in fact did exactly that.”

Not really interested in relitigating this. I used the wrong wording. You pointed that out. Anything beyond that, you should email Lewis Kaplan.

You’re right. I should have used Judge Kaplan’s words more precisely:

The finding that Ms. Carroll failed to prove that she was ‘raped’ within the meaning of the New York Penal Law does not mean that she failed to prove that Mr. Trump ‘raped’ her as many people commonly understand the word ‘rape,’ ” Kaplan wrote.

He added: “Indeed, as the evidence at trial recounted below makes clear, the jury found that Mr. Trump in fact did exactly that.”

Not really interested in relitigating this. I used the wrong wording. You pointed that out. Anything beyond that, you should email Lewis Kaplan.
Judge sounds like a dumb shit. Jury found there was no rape. Only sexual abuse under the battery statute. Rape in a criminal trial involves different rules of evidence and burdens.

This civil battery stay was an end run around the sol for criminal actions. It’s a terrible statute.

Back to the original point. You can blame the left for the migrants being there, but does not negate the fact that Trump should listen to local officials. Why add stress to an already tough situation?

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Back to the original point. You can blame the left for the migrants being there, but does not negate the fact that Trump should listen to local officials. Why add stress to an already tough situation?
Thanks - and I totally agree. This is the crux of what I was getting at. Not only is Trump going to potentially make a bad situation worse, it’s also potentially not safe for him.

Battery is what people with law degrees mean. The statute traveled under. The claim.

No. It’s not anywhere near that simple. Some states don’t even have civil battery. They just have civil assault. It appears New York has a civil statute for sexual abuse. .

No. It’s not anywhere near that simple. Some states don’t even have civil battery. They just have civil assault. It appears New York has a civil statute for sexual abuse. .
That was created to circumvent the sol. It’s still a claim for civil battery. A far cry from criminal rape

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT