ADVERTISEMENT

Trump reaction to reporter

So be it. If pointing this kind of stuff out makes him even more popular, with his base then that’s the way it goes. Not getting any of those people anyway. The people that are getting traction in the Democratic Party have a message of their own, it’s not just anti Trump. They are the ones that will speak to independents to prevent him from getting re-elected. Also I’m taking the word of several female reporters that were at the press conference and what it felt like to them.
What if I told you that I can name dozens of people in my family-and-friends circle that voted for Trump precisely because they were tired of being told if they did so they were supporting a racist misogynist? Most of them were women.

You need to battle Trump and Trumpers on the issues. If he’s so terrible at Presidenting it shouldn’t be that difficult. My unsolicited advice is to stop running hail mary’s on every down.

What if I told you that I can name dozens of people in my family-and-friends circle that voted for Trump precisely because they were tired of being told if they did so they were supporting a racist misogynist? Most of them were women

That's completely irrational.

Also, by that account, they already intended to vote for Trump.

What if I told you that I can name dozens of people in my family-and-friends circle that voted for Trump precisely because they were tired of being told if they did so they were supporting a racist misogynist? Most of them were women.

You need to battle Trump and Trumpers on the issues. If he’s so terrible at Presidenting it shouldn’t be that difficult. My unsolicited advice is to stop running hail mary’s on every down.
This is sooooo true. I saw it myself.

You’d think some genuflection would be in order but no, it’s louder and more frequent than ever.

It’s like the boy(or girl, don’t wanna be labeled mysoginist) who cried wolf.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
That's completely irrational.

Also, by that account, they already intended to vote for Trump.
I’m not justifying their obviously irrational behavior - I’m simply pointing it out. Many of these people I think would have abstained from voting but were sucked in from a cocktail of Fake News, identity politics, and Clinton hate. Irrational or no, it happened and it will happen again and again if this is the ground game of the progressives.

Identity politics stink to high heaven and it’s going to bite you from now on. People are sick of it.

Reactions: Cajun54
I’m not justifying their obviously irrational behavior - I’m simply pointing it out. Many of these people I think would have abstained from voting but were sucked in from a cocktail of Fake News, identity politics, and Clinton hate. Irrational or no, it happened and it will happen again and again if this is the ground game of the progressives.

Identity politics stink to high heaven and it’s going to bite you from now on. People are sick of it.
Not that it matters to your point, but Republicans are essentially doing the same thing with "identity politics".

Totally agree the Democrats throw away free votes by campaigning on social issues. Social issues campaign themselves, Democratic politicians don't need to make it central to their platform or campaign speeches. They do need to represent all those various constituencies and they need to find a way to get back into communication with those duped by Trump into thinking he represents them economically. Trump probably represents about 40% of the nation, maximum, economically. The rest of his votes came from people who voted on various social issues or just fell for the GOP spin machine lies about Hillary.
I still think you’re presssing the wrong button, and the one that helps him get re-elected.
No way in hell Trump gets re-elected. He wouldn't even have won if there had been a re-vote a day after the election. Hillary got 3 million more votes than Trump with a shitload of butthurt Bernheads scratching their asses at home on election day.

The problem is the collateral damage for Democrats. With all those Trump lemmings voting, Republicans will fare better in Congress.

Last edited:
Not that it matters to your point, but Republicans are essentially doing the same thing with "identity politics".
Yeah, "identity politics" is fine if you're a "job creator" or a veteran or a white working class hero.

Ok, but I thought you were originally suggesting that they were in the group of people like yourself, who could be convinced to vote for a democratic. From this further clarification, that appears inconceivable. Instead you are suggesting that they would have avoided participation. That's an entirely different question.

Yes, we understand. The left is perfect, the right is evil. Your point is very clear.

Did you even check out the story?

It was totally uncalled for. The point is that Trump continues to act like a compete @sshat, and it’s not OK.

Had Obama or another dem president done something like this, the right would be crucifying him/her (and rightly so).

It’s also really messed up that the White House edited the official transcript to say “thank” instead of what was actually said (think).

There’s a deeper issue here. Trump’s brand of politics is to divide and conquer. Pure tribal politics, designed not to help us come together as a country, but instead designed to rile up his base- which is actually a minority of the country (between 25-30% of the country).

And while he does this, he lowers the bar for what’s acceptable. In other words, he’s trying to create a new normal- that’s really divisive and messed up. And 25-30% of the country is going right long with him.

I’m not going to lie Jim- your first instinct was to jump in and decry the post- instead of thinking what it represents, and why it’s messed up and unacceptable.

Your tribal is showing Jim. I keep saying this, but certain things should always be non negotiable, and certain lines should never be crossed. This isn’t a damn zero sum, winner take all game. It’s about who we aspire to be as Americans. And not calling out stuff like this normalizes it- I sure as hell hope this isn’t who we are as A people in this county.

In short, I’m disappointed, more than anything. It seems as if anything Trump does or days is either OK to support, or ignore. Both of which allow it to continue.

I did. Several times. He smirks when he tells her she doesn’t think.

And didn’t have the conjones to repeat it when she called him out on it. If she would’ve stared at him for a while, and immediately demanded an apology, she would’ve been fully justified.

I am impressed she kept it together after that. She’s a pro’s pro.

I’ve been in a situation like that before, and it’s always uncalled for. Thankfully, the person that did it apologized later- but the damage was done by that point. Let’s just say that person wasn’t exactly thrown a going away party when he left.

He’s cowardly as hell. Just another example (like refusing to fire people face to face, and relying on others to do it for him). And attacking people on Twitter/news conferences, and pretending to be their best friend when he sees them face to face. If my kids acted like that, I will have totally failed as a parent. And if I acted like that, I will have failed as a person.

It was totally uncalled for. The point is that Trump continues to act like a compete @sshat, and it’s not OK.

Had Obama or another dem president done something like this, the right would be crucifying him/her (and rightly so).

It’s also really messed up that the White House edited the official transcript to say “thank” instead of what was actually said (think).

There’s a deeper issue here. Trump’s brand of politics is to divide and conquer. Pure tribal politics, designed not to help us come together as a country, but instead designed to rile up his base- which is actually a minority of the country (between 25-30% of the country).

And while he does this, he lowers the bar for what’s acceptable. In other words, he’s trying to create a new normal- that’s really divisive and messed up. And 25-30% of the country is going right long with him.

I’m not going to lie Jim- your first instinct was to jump in and decry the post- instead of thinking what it represents, and why it’s messed up and unacceptable.

Your tribal is showing Jim. I keep saying this, but certain things should always be non negotiable, and certain lines should never be crossed. This isn’t a damn zero sum, winner take all game. It’s about who we aspire to be as Americans. And not calling out stuff like this normalizes it- I sure as hell hope this isn’t who we are as A people in this county.

In short, I’m disappointed, more than anything. It seems as if anything Trump does or days is either OK to support, or ignore. Both of which allow it to continue.
Don't let it bring you down. The reason otherwise reasonable conservatives are like this is they let Trump and Kavanaugh bring them down to their level.

It's an insidious trap that's hard to extricate oneself from once in it. It's not as easy as saying, well, I'll change back after he's gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: sglowrider
My wife and daughter do not put themselves in that position to be talked to like that.

That’s laughable Jim. So, you’re saying they can predict the future, because you’re implying that they can always avoid situations in which someone is completely out of line.

Cmon man! That’s just not possible. You can’t control every situation they will ever be in, or control who they will encounter.

Think about what you’re saying here. You’re doubling down.

In essence, you’re suggesting that this female reporter should be known better than to ask Trump a question. Because she knows who he is, and the responsibility is on her to avoid it. In essence, turning the aggrieved into the one at fault for some @sshole’s behavior. Victim blaming, in other words.

What should she have done? Simply not asked a question? Not attended the presser? I’ll remind you that her job requires her to be there, and ask questions. If she doesn’t do that, she won’t keep it for long.

Wouldn’t the right answer be to just call out the chitty behavior? It’s really that simple.

Stop defending. Let your guard down a little. Realize that your first instinct was the wrong one- it’s OK to be wrong sometimes. Especially when a heated topic is on the table. And anything involving Trump is certainty going to be heated.

I’m wrong frequently- just ask my wife! She’ll gladly tell you all about it.

I’m amazed that people can still think in these terms. Completely divorced from what’s right, and real. And defending the indefensible, and even worse, by victim shaming.

*** I bet the reporter will be the first to shrug off the suggestion that she’s a victim- she’ll likely tell you that she’s just doing her job. But it doesn’t make what he did right. It just means she’s a pro, and continues to do her job in ridiculous circumstances. But there’s no doubt what happened to her was wrong, and uncalled for.

I was watching it live, with a couple of other guys in the office. I stated earlier that I thought it wad a condescending comment, and will state again here that it was inappropriate. What else do you want me to say?

My post was directed more at Zeke, and her posting habits that if Trump farts, it is a national disgrace.

I was watching it live, with a couple of other guys in the office. I stated earlier that I thought it wad a condescending comment, and will state again here that it was inappropriate. What else do you want me to say?

My post was directed more at Zeke, and her posting habits that if Trump farts, it is a national disgrace.
So you respond by admitting you directed a condescending post to me. Well done.

That's your usual dodge. The point is simple, the reason you're attacking Zeke is not Zeke but you.
Attack?? what is your problem? It was a simple innocuous post. Why are you so angry. I am quite sure that in Zeke's mind Pubs are bad. Big deal, that is her choice, and it is true. I have seen her state it a gazillion times here on this board. Go take a valium.

Attack?? what is your problem? It was a simple innocuous post. Why are you so angry. I am quite sure that in Zeke's mind Pubs are bad. Big deal, that is her choice, and it is true. I have seen her state it a gazillion times here on this board. Go take a valium.
“It is true.” Admitted it, cant take it back!!

No problem here, just finishing my to-do list. Never taken a valium, psychoactive or any other bullshit drug. DOn't need them. COmfortably retired, already checked that my investments are rocking and rolling, just had to call you out on your trite rhetoric. Done.

You see, IUJIM, the basic difference between you and me is that I realize my relatively vast wealth was not entirely of my own doing, as hard as I worked my tail off.

I still think you’re presssing the wrong button, and the one that helps him get re-elected.
At this moment, I think it's likely Trump gets reelected, but I think the key to the election is not social issues but voter turnout.

Trump raises social issues, too -- but his social issues are different from those raised by the Dems. For example, everything he says about the wall and immigration is one big social issue. So, I don't think we can predict the loser simply by determining which candidate pushed too many buttons by raising more social issues than the other one.

But it's hard for me to think anything is more important to the next Presidential election than voter turnout. I looked up and posted this about a month ago and, from memory, Trump clearly lost the national popular vote in absolute terms, and his margin in the electoral college was about 75 electoral votes (not the "landslide" that Trump claimed a couple days ago). There were about 5-6 states (again from memory) which Clinton came reasonably close to winning in 2016, (i.e. she lost by about 1-2 %), and her winning of about 3 of those states would have given her enough electoral votes to win. It is plausible that a more palatable, likeable, and non-objectionable Democrat candidate than Hillary Clinton could be enough to increase Democrat voter turnout to make up this difference. Oh, and Bernie Sanders will be 79 before Nov. of 2020. Have to question whether he will be a factor again.

Trump's voters in 2016 were somewhat older and, statistically, somewhat more likely to pass away or become invalided before the 2020 election. Clinton's voters were younger and more likely to be alive in Nov. 2020.

There are ways the Dems can win in 2020, but they need to improve their voter turnout.

I
Younhave never seen me state Republicans or conservatives are bad. Ever. You have seen me say Trump supporters are ignorant or bad people at this point. That’s a big difference.

Reactions: Jeb MT Mater
At this moment, I think it's likely Trump gets reelected, but I think the key to the election is not social issues but voter turnout.

Trump raises social issues, too -- but his social issues are different from those raised by the Dems. For example, everything he says about the wall and immigration is one big social issue. So, I don't think we can predict the loser simply by determining which candidate pushed too many buttons by raising more social issues than the other one.

But it's hard for me to think anything is more important to the next Presidential election than voter turnout. I looked up and posted this about a month ago and, from memory, Trump clearly lost the national popular vote in absolute terms, and his margin in the electoral college was about 75 electoral votes (not the "landslide" that Trump claimed a couple days ago). There were about 5-6 states (again from memory) which Clinton came reasonably close to winning in 2016, (i.e. she lost by about 1-2 %), and her winning of about 3 of those states would have given her enough electoral votes to win. It is plausible that a more palatable, likeable, and non-objectionable Democrat candidate than Hillary Clinton could be enough to increase Democrat voter turnout to make up this difference. Oh, and Bernie Sanders will be 79 before Nov. of 2020. Have to question whether he will be a factor again.

Trump's voters in 2016 were somewhat older and, statistically, somewhat more likely to pass away or become invalided before the 2020 election. Clinton's voters were younger and more likely to be alive in Nov. 2020.

There are ways the Dems can win in 2020, but they need to improve their voter turnout.
That’s exactly what has been happening in the majority of the special elections and that’s exactky what nearly everyone has been working on. Registering new voters, working on college campuses, campaigning in areas that are often ignored. Texts, videos, all kinds of social campaigns aimed at young people. Performers coming to college campuses and then having a voter registration drive. All of these are things I’ve been made aware of and/or been a part of. I think they know it’s all about turnout, and somewhat independent voters. I think you’ll have a good indication in November if it’s been effective. Women’s groups have been organizing since November 2016 and youth groups have since February 17.

Are you Hoops' rich cousin? He's rich, you know. Very rich Has a fancy flat in Chicago and a leather 2 story sports car. He owns a Mr. T starter set, too. Just ask him.
Unsurprisingly, you missed the point. Hoops and I have wealth of spirit. You know what Jesus says about greed. Conservatives are greedy as sin. Even worse, conservatives are hypocrites. You love the wealthy, as long as they're conservative, and hate the others. You love women in the bedroom but hate them in the boardroom. Hoops and I love everybody, which is interestingly quite easy to do. Just ask Jesus. Or ask God. You needn't even wait to ask. Ask Him now.

Reactions: sglowrider
No problem here, just finishing my to-do list. Never taken a valium, psychoactive or any other bullshit drug. DOn't need them. COmfortably retired, already checked that my investments are rocking and rolling, just had to call you out on your trite rhetoric. Done.

You see, IUJIM, the basic difference between you and me is that I realize my relatively vast wealth was not entirely of my own doing, as hard as I worked my tail off.
Amazing that you know so much about me??

Actually, not amazing at all.

Wealth of spirit requires precisely zero financial wealth. If you don't believe me, just ask Jesus. Amazing how much I know about Jesus, nicht wahr?
I guess that is something that you and I have in common

As far as Trump supporters see it, he is delivering what he had promised:

Leaving the Paris Accord - Check
Tax cuts - Check
Binning TPP - Check
Appointing a conservative judge - Check (Gorsuch)
Leaving the Iran deal - Check
Environmental Deregulations - Check
"Muslim Ban" - Check
Acting like a dick on Immigration - Check
Acting like a dick to NATO countries & forcing the EU to increase their military spending - Check
Renegotiating NAFTA - Check
Getting North Korea to the table - Check
Tariffs on 'big bad' China - Check
Continuing Economic upturn & Low unemployment - Check
Appointing a second conservative judge - Half Check

And I am sure I have missed a couple. He is going through the list and is one by one putting a check mark on things he promised during his election campaign. But like your typical Trump products, its all a facade -- only looks good on the brochure. The devil's in the details as many, many people say. ;)

As per his broad agenda, he is getting things done and "winning", the next election will depend on people who sat on their asses in 2016 & the protest vote jerk-offs.

I doubt there is a large percentage drop in the number of Trump people who voted for him back in '16. He needs all those people to vote for him again.

I heard Ben Roethlisberger was going to kneel during the national anthem of the next Steelers’ game to raise awareness about this injustice.

White men have been repressed and victimised for centuries. Jesus wept.
Its takes a brave guy like Ben to stand up and fight the cause of our subjugation in our present day matriarchial society.

Free Nelson Mandala!!

Let us rape and pillage freely!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT