ADVERTISEMENT

Trump fires Homeland Security cyber chief

Harry Hondo

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 24, 2015
This is a reminder folks. Every time you think Trump couldn’t do something worse than he has already done, well you will be wrong. Every time. There is no bottom.

Anyone that's the least bit surprised hasn't been paying attention for the last 5 years. It's always been 1000% about himself.

I expect it to get much worse, particularly with the jelly spined Republican leadership.

Anyone that's the least bit surprised hasn't been paying attention for the last 5 years. It's always been 1000% about himself.

I expect it to get much worse, particularly with the jelly spined Republican leadership.

The 70M who voted for him don’t care. Whether it’s because they like low taxes or owning the libs, they don’t care what damage Trump does to this country.

Not at all surprising that those folks that claimed they liked Trump’s policies but also insisted that they were willing to criticize him, remain just as silent now that his policy days are behind him.

They are busy borrowing into their holes for the winter, like grubs that eat away at your lawn's roots when a little rain comes.

They'll be sure to pop up at the first sign of Biden inevitably stumbling on some words in a generally blandiose speech. Oblivious to their years of hypocrisy, obfuscation and general lack of personal character or dignity.

Biden will propose many things I disagree with. And some I will. Like most Presidents, maybe 10% will actually occur. It'll be generally wonky and boring and I'm sure a lot of stupid commentary will persist.

But let's always recall that a naked populism is a terrible disease that can fairly quickly turn sane people into insane ones. And it can happen much quicker than we think.

Trump appointed:

Last edited:
I’ve always felt Trump was an existential threat to our democracy. These last few weeks have only strengthened that belief. These last few weeks have, unfortunately, also shown that Republicans in power would let him do it. This tweet is dead on.

And here I thought he was working so hard every day to make sure we get vaccines. No, instead he's doing what he has done every day since Jan 2017, using the office to screw with people.

Is there a thread on pulling out of Afghanistan and Iraq? If Trump pulled out entirely, I would back him. But leaving 2500 troops behind is a planned disaster. 2500 can do nothing more than force protection. So Biden is stuck, put more troops back in, withdraw all over the GOP objections, or leave 2500 troops in a war zone who cannot impact the war at all. It is an attempt to create a no-win scenario.

Is there a thread on pulling out of Afghanistan and Iraq? If Trump pulled out entirely, I would back him. But leaving 2500 troops behind is a planned disaster. 2500 can do nothing more than force protection. So Biden is stuck, put more troops back in, withdraw all over the GOP objections, or leave 2500 troops in a war zone who cannot impact the war at all. It is an attempt to create a no-win scenario.

I think someone posted this exact dilemma somewhere. You are right, the partial drawdown is totally political as it puts Biden into a corner. Again, Trump doesn’t care about the soldiers and doesn’t care about our national security.

He fired Esper for a reason. The next 60 days will be used to setup as many booby traps as possible.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT