ADVERTISEMENT

Trump confronted Putin again on election meddling

Bill4411

All-American
Jun 24, 2001
It's good to know that Trump has it straight from Putin that he didn't interfere with the Presidential election. Trump said he finds it insulting to keep confronting him with these unfounded accusations that the Democrats concocted; he's done with it:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/11/polit...p-vladimir-putin-election-meddling/index.html

I presume this means the sanctions congress initiated won't be levied as they are completely unfounded given Putin's word of honor, no fingers crossed statement. :)

Questions about sanctions....once the Congress has voted, is the president allowed to not follow through? Does he have to officially veto, or can he just continue doing what he is doing, basically ignoring the will of the people.

Questions about sanctions....once the Congress has voted, is the president allowed to not follow through? Does he have to officially veto, or can he just continue doing what he is doing, basically ignoring the will of the people.
He already signed the bill into law. He is required to follow through. If he doesn't, Congress could sue, then it would be up to the courts to decide if the issue is justiciable or if it's up to Congress to do something (which essentially means impeachment).

He already signed the bill into law. He is required to follow through. If he doesn't, Congress could sue, then it would be up to the courts to decide if the issue is justiciable or if it's up to Congress to do something (which essentially means impeachment).
Is there any type of time limitation?

Is there any type of time limitation?
Well, Trump already missed one deadline, but if you're talking about possible legal proceedings, the deadlines are only really important in the sense that they give Congress a reason to sue. The court is going to be concerned with figuring out why the Executive isn't following the law. If it's because they are purposefully dragging their feet, they are in trouble. If it's because Congress set unrealistic deadlines, and they are doing the best they can, they aren't in as much trouble. Either way, the court is likely* to command the executive to carry out the law in as quick of time as is reasonably possible.

* Assuming, of course, the issue is even justiciable. Sometimes the courts say, "None of our business; you kids figure this out between yourselves."

Trump admires Jackson. He would just tell the courts to enforce the law themselves.

To which he says:

I read somewhere that we are now 42 days past the deadline for introducing new sanctions on Russia -- it was a very rare bipartisan order from the house.
Trump has still refused to implement anything.
State Department Scraps Sanctions Office
The Trump administration was three weeks late on a Russia sanctions deadline. But it’s killed the office that coordinates them.
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/26/state-department-scraps-sanctions-office/

For those questioning whether there is a holdover trump's administration by Putin, just a reminder.

Last edited:

To which his says:

I read somewhere that we are now 42 days past the deadline for introducing new sanctions on Russia -- it was a very rare bipartisan order from the house.

For those questioning whether there is a holdover trump's administration by Putin, just a reminder.
"having a good relationship with Russia is a good thing, not a bad thing", I suppose that's true if you are Donald Trump or a member of his cabinet, but not so much for anyone else in America.

"having a good relationship with Russia is a good thing, not a bad thing", I suppose that's true if you are Donald Trump or a member of his cabinet, but not so much for anyone else in America.

It's telling. He is not one thing if not being very consistent -- its has always about him first.
It has to be healthy for Trump First. America, meh!

Last edited:
Last edited:

To which his says:

Can’t wait for republican media to spin this.

“...but the Clintons...”

Reactions: sglowrider

To which he says:

And.....another grammatical error from the president of the US, who is definitely NOT smarter than a fifth grader. How can anyone not be humiliated by this odious man?

Reactions: steave
And.....another grammatical error from the president of the US, who is definitely NOT smarter than a fifth grader. How can anyone not be humiliated by this odious man?

Three more years of this, Zeke!

I am 10,000 miles away and it makes my blood boil every time he tweets. Not sure how you all handle it. I can see the drinking culture expanding during the Trump Era.

Three more years of this, Zeke!

I am 10,000 miles away and it makes my blood boil every time he tweets. Not sure how you all handle it. I can see the drinking culture expanding during the Trump Era.
Yep, drinking, comfort eating, and therapy all way up in the age of Trump.

Well that clears that up then...

ZR90_f-maxage-0.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411
It's good to know that Trump has it straight from Putin that he didn't interfere with the Presidential election. Trump said he finds it insulting to keep confronting him with these unfounded accusations that the Democrats concocted; he's done with it:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/11/polit...p-vladimir-putin-election-meddling/index.html

I presume this means the sanctions congress initiated won't be levied as they are completely unfounded given Putin's word of honor, no fingers crossed statement. :)

Trump's explanation of his discussion with Putin about Russian interference with US elections is exactly what you'd expect from someone who, when he asked Putin about it, heard Putin respond with "Who's your daddy?".

Former US intelligence officers are saying Trump is being played: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/11/12/former-u-s-intelligence-officials-trump-being-played-by-putin/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_pp-intelofficials-1008am:homepage/story. That presumes that Trump is actually trying to do the right thing . . . my suspicion is that Trump was compromised long before he was elected president and he actually is working for Putin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411
. . . my suspicion is that Trump was compromised long before he was elected president and he actually is working for Putin.
There was a time I would have dismissed this as Truther-esque crazy talk. Now I'm not so sure.

Trump and his greatest hits:

Apparently, he thinks he has great chemistry with Putin. Sure

C5-CRytU8AAA34v.jpg

Last edited:
There was a time I would have dismissed this as Truther-esque crazy talk. Now I'm not so sure.
I really dismissed the early talk of even Russia interfering with the election. But the more we learn, the more we realize that we can't just dismiss anything out of hand with this administration. The Turkish kidnapping story is just one more example. Truly think all signs point either to the pee tape or money laundering. Just no other explanation for his behavior.

I really dismissed the early talk of even Russia interfering with the election. But the more we learn, the more we realize that we can't just dismiss anything out of hand with this administration. The Turkish kidnapping story is just one more example. Truly think all signs point either to the pee tape or money laundering. Just no other explanation for his behavior.

Putin stopped tampering when Obama told him to "cut it out".

I know it was mentioned in the Jake Tapper interview that Trump is getting played by other countries, so I wonder if China might be doing so with North Korea? NK has always done pretty much what China tells it do but now they are our best friends helping us to corral Kim..hmm.. and then Putin is going to help us out with Syria and Ukraine. It looks more like to me that a green horn has just walked into the bar and is getting played who doesn't trust his own intelligence agencies.

Reactions: sglowrider
It appears Russia was involved in Brexit as well. I have always suspected that, I would not be surprised if Russia isn't involved in all the nationalist movements in the west. Anything that drives the west apart if good for Russia. That includes Catalonia. I suspect those marchers in Poland were egged on by, you will never guess this, fake Russian accounts. I haven't looked for proof of that one yet.

The old divide and conquer strategy. Though I am not sure about Catalonia -- thats been going on for a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT