ADVERTISEMENT

Trump CNN round table thread

It was part of CNN's new business model. They don't want to dismiss/ignore Trump anymore. They want to do straight news. And they want to be the leaders for election coverage. So they did this nonsense.
That's such a clueless take. CNN did this in an attempt to knee-cap Trump. The "moderator" was spectacularly bad. This won't hurt Trump one iota. And everyone should now realize CNN does not want to "do straight news". They are clearly as partisan as ever.

Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
Nope. Good? A couple of years ago I got addicted to NBA2K. Damn I was good. I would always get Magic and post him up. I love big guards who abuse people in the post. Whiny 12 year olds "wah, wah, wah that's a cheat code". Suck it kids.

Some of my friends and I started playing it a while ago... very addicting.

It's a racing style platform that you can also team up with your friends and form teams. Super fun. Kids will get online and shit talk. I don't talk back because well, I'm 40, but I enjoy the blowup those little shits have when they don't qualify for the next rounds.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
No one on the Left consider CNN "leftist". Do you even know that Kaitlin Collins got her journalism start as a reporter for the Daily Caller, including being their WH correspondent during Trump's reign of terror. She's no raging "leftie", in fact I came upon a story discussing the Log Cabin Republicans exposing some homophobic tweets she sent when she was a student at Alabama (where she's from)...

Beyond that, you seem to have adopted the DANC tactic of resorting to a laugh emoji when you're confronted with facts that you can't really counter. I asked you a simple question, and basically wanted you to explain your (imho)ridiculous claim that Trump appearing on CNN in front of a pro-Trump crowd in New Hampshire somehow exemplified "courage". I presented facts to back up my opinion, and you pulled a DANC and chose to refuse to engage...

Feel free to dispute my facts and tell me what I got wrong about how the audience was filled with pro-Trump supporters. There were people who had served in his administration posing as "audience members". Several Trump advocacy groups in the area had sent out calls for their members to show up in force to support him and I'm not aware of a single person even asking him a confrontational question.

I didn't watch (just like I didn't watch the Pete and Bernie townhalls on Fox that I referenced) because I don't as a rule watch town halls,debates or even speeches. But I've seen clips, so feel free to point out which of my statements regarding the composition of the crowd were erroneous. In a way it's perfectly fine for a crowd at a GOP primary season event to be exclusively Republican, so I don't begrudge him that.

My issue was with your ridiculous assertion that (seemingly) just ecause it was hosted on CNN it represented some sort of Red Badge of Courage moment from Trump. Obviously you can't really defend your asssertion with any sort of facts, so you resort to the DANC emoji and insert the red herring of CNN somehow being a bastion of liberalism. Maybe we should call you DANC junior?
"I didn't watch". But I"m going to write a novel, saying how wrong you are and showing everyone DANC is living rent-free in my head.

However he framed it, he clearly wasn't summarizing her argument. He was offering his own twisted version.
Added dramatic content as every good story teller does as part of a normal conversation.
As someone who wants everyone to get a fair shake, I say he added artistic flare while staying within the narrative.
As in you being a partisan, one sided hack, he gave away the countries nuclear codes in a town hall meeting.

Yeh, he lied. Go back and look at the testimony.

“To be crystal clear, there was no direct order from President Trump to put 10,000 troops ‘to be on the ready’ for January 6th, correct?” said an unnamed interviewer in the video clip, referring back to a February 2021 Fox News segment when Mr Miller had stated that Trump had ordered “as many as 10,000 National Guard troops … to be on the ready”.​
“That’s correct. There was no direct, there was no order from the President.”​
“We obviously had plans for activating more folks, but that was not anything more than contingency planning,” Mr Miller added, before conceding that there had been no “no official message traffic or anything of that nature”.​

Trump DID say they would need 10,000 guardsmen, but never ordered anyone to deploy guardsmen.
Listen to what Donalds said - he was on the oversight committee and heard SWORN testimony that Trump did authorize NG troops. It wasn't from someone spouting off on a TV show.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Absolute wimp. He pretends to be tough and uses his power (first as spoiled rich guy who started out with his father’s millions, and then the office of President) like all cowardly bullies do.

Haven’t you ever encountered bullies. I took on two in my youth (rough neighborhoods) and made them stop being bullies. Trump reminds me of those guys. Big talking wimps.
Here we go..... "I was a tough guy...." Who gives a shit about something you claim you did when you were 10 years old? BFD.

You've bragged before about how you like to get the first punch in. Sounds pretty cowardly to me.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Here we go..... "I was a tough guy...." Who gives a shit about something you claim you did when you were 10 years old? BFD.

You've bragged before about how you like to get the first punch in. Sounds pretty cowardly to me.
I think there is a name for that "first punch". I can't seem to suck it from my memory.... hmmm What could it be?

Reactions: DANC
Listen to what Donalds said - he was on the oversight committee and heard SWORN testimony that Trump did authorize NG troops. It wasn't from someone spouting off on a TV show.
Miller was acting Defense Secretary, Miller was recorded by the committee. Miller said in that recording, no, it did not happen. He said that to the committee in a video recording you can go to the article I linked and fire up the audio and listen for yourself.

If he didn't ask Miller, who did he ask?

He specifically said Miller told the Committee that. It is not in the video of what Miller told the committee. So specificially, who told the committee that Trump authorized it? Miller was the Acting Secretary of Defense, so if Trump called him and told him to activate the guard, Miller committed perjury.

The alternative is that the president ordered the NG activated and no one did it. He doesn't need Pelosi's approval, he can activate and deploy the guard (and regular army) based on the Insurrection Act of 1807. If he ordered it to happen, it would have happened.

Rather he tried to suggest it to use for cover if things didn't work his way.

If he ordered it, it would have happened. Or I guess the US military is deep state? But is it deep state to NOT stop a rebellion against the guy fighting to kill the deep state?
He can't order the NG - that's up to local government officials.

He can only authorize.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Miller was acting Defense Secretary, Miller was recorded by the committee. Miller said in that recording, no, it did not happen. He said that to the committee in a video recording you can go to the article I linked and fire up the audio and listen for yourself.

Your argument is with Congressman Donald. He's the one who said it was authorized under sworn testimony. Not what someone said later.

Collins, a politcal lightweight at best, who started out working for Tucker at far right The Daily Caller, was totally not up to the task.

when Trump said his solution for inflation was "drill baby drill", Collins never followed up with how does that help home costs, rent, grocery costs, cost of used cars, etc.

nor did she mention that oil companies can drill more in the US anytime they want.. nor did she mention that Trump negotiated the Saudis to produce 2 mil barrels less a day while pres.

when Trump's solution to the Ukraine was was "less killing", she never pressed him on how he would accomplish that.

when Trump criticized Biden for Afghanistan, she never mentioned that Trump had 4 yrs to get out and didn't.. or that his great skills as a negotiator resulted in Trump giving the Taliban literally everything they wanted and the US getting nothing in return, then left Biden holding the bag with an undoable time line on Trump's way out the door.

when Trump's solution to gun violence was stop mental illness, she didn't so much as ask him what his plan was to deal with mental illness.

etc etc etc all night. no push back on anything, other than some stammering.

she was a total joke, can't think on her feet, had no business in that role, and was totally incompetent for the role.

reasons for which it's likely that Trump demanded her as the "host" of this Trump rally, and why CNN agreed.

the last thing CNN wanted was Trumpers changing the channel, any more than the Fox brain trust did.

• Haha
Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Collins, a politcal lightweight at best, who started out working for Tucker at far right The Daily Caller, was totally not up to the task.

when Trump said his solution for inflation was "drill baby drill", Collins never followed up with how does that help home costs, rent, grocery costs, cost of used cars, nor did she mention that oil companies can drill more in the US anytime they want, nor did she mention that Trump negotiated the Saudis to produce 2 mil barrels less a day while pres.

when Trump's solution to the Ukraine was was "less killing", she never pressed him on how he would accomplish that.

when Trump criticised Biden for Afghanistan, she never mentioned that Trump had 4 yrs to get out and didn't, that his great skills as a negotiator resulted in Trump giving the Taliban literally everything they wanted and the US getting nothing in return, then left Biden holding the bag with an undoable time line on Trump's way out the door.

when Trump's solution to gun violence was stop mental illness, she didn't so much as ask him what his plan was to deal with mental illness.

etc etc etc all night. no push back on anything, other than some stammering.

she was a total joke, can't think on her feet, had no business in that role, and was totally incompetent for the role.

reasons for which it's likely that Trump demanded her as the "host" of this Trump rally, and why CNN agreed.

the last thing CNN wanted was Trumpers changing the channel, any more than the Fox brain trust did.
Hey Mods can we get a "jerk off" emoji? I'm sure it wouldn't be used very often, but there are times.

You refuse to concede when you’re wrong. You’re wrong.
It must suck when they get called out for spewing dishonest BS with facts!
We need to do a better job. If we would have, this country wouldn't be where we are, but then again the only way this can work is with people being full faith honest representatives.... Ok, yea we are facked.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I'm sure it wouldn't be used very often
200w.gif
5e90539350dffdd0a69f6a3363a42dd0.gif

200w.gif
200w.gif

Nope. He said it in a book. Under oath vs. a quote in a book. I'll go with under oath. You libs spew lies left and right. No facts, just narratives. Flame away.

Your argument is with Congressman Donald. He's the one who said it was authorized under sworn testimony. Not what someone said later.
Nope. He said it in a book. Under oath vs. a quote in a book. I'll go with under oath. You libs spew lies left and right. No facts, just narratives. Flame away.
Both of you REFUSE to go to the link because you want to believe what you were told. This is audio from the committee, under oath. Your dreamy congressman lied.

Both of you REFUSE to go to the link because you want to believe what you were told. This is audio from the committee, under oath. Your dreamy congressman lied.

All he's saying with clarity is that there was no order from the President. Well, no shit. He doesn't give the order. He authorizes.

Miller dances around the questions asked him, but when asked directly about an 'order', he responds clearly. And no one has claimed Trump gave an 'order'.

You're failing to understand how authorizations work.

You really just don't get it and are all tied up on "standard" procedural crap.

More dishonest posting/ understanding BS from your side.
They'd believe a bureaucrat, but not a Congressman who was on the Committee who heard sworn testimony that Trump authorized the NG.

Total dishonesty.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
All he's saying with clarity is that there was no order from the President. Well, no shit. He doesn't give the order. He authorizes.

Miller dances around the questions asked him, but when asked directly about an 'order', he responds clearly. And no one has claimed Trump gave an 'order'.

No it's not failing to undersand, it's dishonest promotion of the same crap that the left does. IT's nothing but obfuscation over procedural differences.

They'd believe a bureaucrat, but not a Congressman who was on the Committee who heard sworn testimony that Trump authorized the NG.

Total dishonesty.
NOT A congressmen, there were 5 that testified. BUT when you control the message you can get away with this BS. WE MUST STAND UP to stop the bullets that we are working towards flying.

Reactions: stollcpa

The poster is either lying to push his narrative or clueless. Neither is good.

Reactions: DANC and stollcpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT