ADVERTISEMENT

Trump acceptance speech thread.

This is correct. But things are changing for most wait staff as people pay their entire bill with debit and credit cards. Those tips get on their W-2.
Just like all of my salary goes on my W-2.

Maybe wait staff should be paid more by their employers and less by the customers.

Those are the CNN contingent covering the convention. Or atleast that one looks like she has cheese on her head. The one that said Biden overcoming Covid would be as a sign of strength like Trump surviving an assasins bullet.
That was actually MSNBC Joy Bayhar and the dumb redhead Jen

To be fair the CNN team did a remarkable job of being mostly objective and covering the mood and sentiment of the event. I did not see their wrap iof the final speech however

I worked in both, and I can tell you in great detail how a no tax on tips law would affect people, but it's not what he's claiming. Most waitresses aren't harrassed by the government. Most of them are lying about how much they earn, and the IRS is ignoring them.
Was he also referring to the companies they work for taking some of the tips? He was rambling so badly I wasn’t sure.

On a serious note, I actually do have a problem with using the firefighting uniform as a prop. I think that's in poor taste. Not a big enough deal to make a stink of, but enough to mention it.
It didn’t bother me as I am sure the family felt recognized. Remember the guy was there so obviously a trumper

Reactions: DDE-6-20-23
The first 30 minutes were good. Then it was a return to lies and whining... his false claim of a rigged election and other lies that went on forever. Nobody's ever seen anything like it. They say it's unbelievable!

. Nobody's ever seen anything like it. They say it's unbelievable!
It’s called emphasizing a point for those whose job requires interacting with people.

Those that tinker with beakers for a living and promote nonsense science would probably not understand. Although, ironically, brash capitalists like Donald Trump and their wealth allow you to do your experiments and even find gold once in a while.

So thank Trump and his like next time. You egg heads (although egg head gives you too much credit) would not be possible without people like him.

So thank Trump and his like next time. You egg heads (although egg head gives you too much credit) would not be possible without people like him.
The GOP congress (with people like him) has already cut out the last 2 years of funding for what was originally funded as a 5 year program to look for antiviral drugs for all viruses with pandemic potential. They are anti-science.

Reactions: UncleMark
The GOP congress (with people like him) has already cut out the last 2 years of funding for what was originally funded as a 5 year program to look for antiviral drugs for all viruses with pandemic potential. They are anti-science.
That is a microscopic lense on the world of science. But it is the lense you look through and you are close minded enough that you think there is nothing outside virology.

Here’s how the real world works OS. You can’t lock people in their homes and close businesses, destroy livelihoods, and if an actual deadly virus were to hit the same is true.

The Hubris in thinking you know how to escape a deadly airborne virus without a functioning vaccine, with your bullshit precautions…….well that’s why everyone hates you.

You’re a fraud. And dumb.

Why does the government need to fund this research? Have you seen pharma companies’ profits lately? It’s called R&D , & they should fund it themselves.

Maybe wait staff should be paid more by their employers and less by the customers.

You think eating out is expensive now? Make owners pay their waiters a comparable hourly wage and watch what happens.

They are gonna make their money one way or another. They'll pass it on to the customer one way or another.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
You think eating out is expensive now? Make owners pay their waiters a comparable hourly wage and watch what happens.

They are gonna make their money one way or another. They'll pass it on to the customer one way or another.

Tipping in Europe is generally < 10% and doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

Sure, prices will go up but there is competition so people would have options to not go to a restaurant that overprices.

• Haha

Just guessing but I think it’s a free cheese inducement to try to lure young voters. Trump doesn’t have much with young voters

Reactions: Baller23Boogie

Well that’s some genius shit right there. Did you think of that yourself? Did you eat at a cafe or pasteria in Italia one time and come away with that notion?

Tipping is an American exercise because more than anywhere else we judge people on performance (or at least we use to).

You will run across cheap shills and assholes once in a while, that’s called life.

You realize there is a reason for this right? Feel free to delete your comment like so many have done with their tweets.
I think one should be able to assume that the fire dept that hired him would have spelled his name correctly on the jacket but apparently not.

Don't pretend Trump or the GOP actually care for him. It was a political stunt. They got to it right after Trump went golfing.

That is a microscopic lense on the world of science. But it is the lense you look through and you are close minded enough that you think there is nothing outside virology.

Here’s how the real world works OS. You can’t lock people in their homes and close businesses, destroy livelihoods, and if an actual deadly virus were to hit the same is true.

The Hubris in thinking you know how to escape a deadly airborne virus without a functioning vaccine, with your bullshit precautions…….well that’s why everyone hates you.

You’re a fraud. And dumb.
Did you read OS's post, you helped support his point. Nobody wants to experience again what happened to businesses, schools and communities during covid. One of the right things to do to prevent that is to discover and study the hell out of all potential remedies that science can offer. Real shelf-ready safe effective tools can help avoid the shutdowns by protecting whatever group(s) are at risk.

If the next viral pandemic (which will happen) affects omly middle aged white men then let's address that rather than closing the world.

We need to prepare...not mindlessly attack science.

Reactions: outside shooter
Once it's a typo. Twice you're a moron . . .

. . . and apparently a 13 year-old girl.
You’ll have to excuse me. I had a thought for the spelling of lens that was wrong. I got A’s in Biology, Chemistry and Physics but I was wrong and that was a long time ago.

Have you ever misspelled a word? Probably not. You’re a perfect little boy aren’t you? Everyone likes you so much.

Btw associating physics with scientists like OS degrades physics which should be an important and respected field of study.

Me: With this 5 year research plan, costing less than one new Carmel roundabout, our team of 40 research professors will identify potential new therapies for Ebola, Marburg, Denge, Lassa, and Machupo viruses, all of which are listed as pandemic potential viruses of concern

ChicagoFineForNow, Snarlcakes, and MTG: You're making it up, you Fauci wannabe, Viruses don't exist!

Did you read OS's post, you helped support his point. Nobody wants to experience again what happened to businesses, schools and communities during covid. One of the right things to do to prevent that is to discover and study the hell out of all potential remedies that science can offer. Real shelf-ready safe effective tools can help avoid the shutdowns by protecting whatever group(s) are at risk.

If the next viral pandemic (which will happen) affects omly middle aged white men then let's address that rather than closing the world.

The point is the source of funding

No one is mindlessly attacking science fool. Science had all the funding they wanted and Covid still caught them flat footed.

Not to mention anyone who obsessed about Covid was a ****ing pussy. It was ****ing nothing. A bad cold.

These are self important idiots desperately trying to justify their own existence.

Me: With this 5 year research plan, costing less than one new Carmel roundabout, our team of 40 research professors will identify potential new therapies for Ebola, Marburg, Denge, Lassa, and Machupo viruses, all of which are listed as pandemic potential viruses of concern

ChicagoFineForNow, Snarlcakes, and MTG: You're making it up, you Fauci wannabe, Viruses don't exist!
The point is funding. Taxpayers don’t need to pay this. Your school can pay your salary and your school/corps can fund your research. The main product one of my businesses sells was developed by a university. They get 4 percent of everything we sell

He’s so horrible. Hulkster. Dana white. Rotten no good trump. These are my people. I don’t relate to the rapinoes and kaepernicks and AOC’s and biden/Harris/Newsom.

We have two Americas. Almost evenly divided. Not sure how we go forward
Like we always have....hate ****ing.

Covid was a ****ing pussy. It was ****ing nothing. A bad cold.
7,010,681 people worldwide have died from the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak as of April 13, 2024. An estimated 25-30M people didn't die, due to treatments than emerged.

fact: you are the f*ckin' pussy.

Another fact is that another pandemic will happen. Maybe the next one affects the young more than the old, as was the case with H1N1 in 1918. Maybe the recent transmission of H5N1 from birds to cattle to people in Texas and Colorado is a warning.

You're not going to have an approved drug on the shelf for a human infection that doesn't exist yet, since there is no way to run a clinical trial. But you can have half a dozen experimental drugs that work well in cell culture and that are stable, non-toxic, and reach high blood levels when administered to mammals. Then when a local outbreak happens, you can run a small clinical trial and see what works. It's better to thwart the pandemic before it becomes a pandemic, even before it becomes a epidemic, even before it becomes a regional outbreak, and while it is a local curiosity.

But you do you. Spread the ignorance. I'll sign off and try to design improved Machupo entry inhibitors, targeting its envelope protein. Test compound M8 works well but is unstable in plasma. Gotta fix that....

Last edited:
No one is mindlessly attacking science fool. Science had all the funding they wanted and Covid still caught them flat footed.

Not to mention anyone who obsessed about Covid was a ****ing pussy. It was ****ing nothing. A bad cold.

These are self important idiots desperately trying to justify their own existence.
Not sure why I am taking the time with you, but one more time.

Yes, we were caught flat footed but now is the time to fix that for the next time, not cut the funding for political theater.

Covid killed thousands of people...mostly older people but lots of younger stronger people died or were very sick. The vaccine that was developed under trump kept thousands more from being intubated or dying.

Let's get ahead of this.

7,010,681 people worldwide have died from the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak as of April 13, 2024. An estimated 25-30M people didn't die, due to treatments than emerged.

fact: you are the f*ckin' pussy.

Another fact is that another pandemic will happen. Maybe the next one affects the young more than the old, as was the case with H1N1 in 1918. Maybe the recent transmission of H5N1 from birds to cattle to people in Texas and Colorado is a warning.

You're not going to have an approved drug on the shelf for a human infection that doesn't exist yet, since there is no way to run a clinical trial. But you can have half a dozen experimental drugs that work well in cell culture and that are stable, non-toxic, and reach high blood levels when administered to mammals. Then when a local outbreak happens, you can run a small clinical trial and see what works. It's better to thwart the pandemic before it becomes a pandemic, even before it becomes a epidemic, even before it becomes a regional outbreak, and while it is a local curiosity.

But you do you. Spread the ignorance. I'll sign off and try to design improved Machupo entry inhibitors, targeting its envelope protein. Test compound M8 works well but is unstable in plasma. Gotta fix that....
Yep, let's not find ourselves in that position ever again.

But then take 20% off as you wouldn't need to tip anymore.

Not sure why I am taking the time with you, but one more time.

Yes, we were caught flat footed but now is the time to fix that for the next time, not cut the funding for political theater.

Covid killed thousands of people...mostly older people but lots of younger stronger people died or were very sick. The vaccine that was developed under trump kept thousands more from being intubated or dying.

Let's get ahead of this.
You’re right older people. Average covid death 83. Average American dies at 82.

Maybe Covid is a life extender?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT