ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Bennett

Bennett has to be on the hot seat soon. I know he won a title but first round losses to 3 mid majors. His style of play just isn’t getting it done anymore.
The Ringer posted an interesting article about how pack lone defenses aren't as effective in the current NCAA since they moved the 3 pt line back. Bennett's teams have been less effective since the change too.

Archie's not a bad coach, we just hired him at the wrong time! Lolz.

Bennett has to be on the hot seat soon. I know he won a title but first round losses to 3 mid majors. His style of play just isn’t getting it done anymore.
This sounds like all the negative Nancys already calling for Woodson’s head

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

You should probably make a t-shirt

Actually, if what I heard is correct, there is a sizable % of Virginia fans who would enjoy seeing an uptempo game. But they were a marginal ACC team pre-Bennett. They all enjoy their recent success.

Not going anywhere because of the National Title and consistency during regular season. However, it is worthy to note, that beside that one season, Virginia has vastly underperformed in March.

In the last 10 years, he's won 6 ACC Championships, 2 ACC Tournament Championships, 1 National Championship, 1 Elite Eight, 1 Sweet 16, 8 NCAA Tournament Bids (plus lock in the canceled COVID year), and an NIT bid. Plus multiple ACC & National Coach of the year awards. IU fans would trade our last 10 years for that in a heartbeat.

Before TB got to UVA, they’d won all of 5 ACC regular season championships. Since he’s been there, which I think is 15 seasons now, they’ve won 6. I think most Wahoos are pleased. The few I know certainly are.

In the last 10 years, he's won 6 ACC Championships, 2 ACC Tournament Championships, 1 National Championship, 1 Elite Eight, 1 Sweet 16, 8 NCAA Tournament Bids (plus lock in the canceled COVID year), and an NIT bid. Plus multiple ACC & National Coach of the year awards. IU fans would trade our last 10 years for that in a heartbeat.
Great post. And I’d add you never hear anything negative about his players. Certainly aren’t accessories to murder charges. Always conduct themselves with class and graduate too.

Great post. And I’d add you never hear anything negative about his players. Certainly aren’t accessories to murder charges. Always conduct themselves with class and graduate too.
Agree, but one correction. If you play in the SEC and contribute to the facilitation of a murder, you won't actually get charged. Same thing if you flee the scene of a fatal accident you were involved in. Hell, you won't even get suspended pending the investigation. Play on - nothing to see here. Couple that with the fact that there are zero academic standards, it's a pretty attractive place for thugs who don't want to go to college but want to play major college basketball or football.

Agree, but one correction. If you play in the SEC and contribute to the facilitation of a murder, you won't actually get charged. Same thing if you flee the scene of a fatal accident you were involved in. Hell, you won't even get suspended pending the investigation. Play on - nothing to see here. Couple that with the fact that there are zero academic standards, it's a pretty attractive place for thugs who don't want to go to college but want to play major college basketball or football.
I live in Dawg country.. 100% correct. right in the middle of the so called Bible Belt

Probably the worst post of all time.
Have a take…….don’t suck.
Try again.
Not by a long shot. You should read all his other posts, they get, "better." The OP is a troll.
face-with-rolling-eyes_1f644.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT