ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana at NU 8pm Tues BTN

TomEric4756

All-Big Ten
Sep 20, 2021
Riding a 4 game winning streak … says IU May not be the road dog to a ranked Wildcat 11 to me.
A path to the outright conference title wasn’t clear a month ago.
Beat the ‘cats.

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/.../15_Northwestern.pdf?timestamp=20231023090556

KEY STORYLINES: Carrying a four-match winning streak, Indiana men's soccer is in the driver's seat - win its next two Big Ten matches, and it wins the conference's regular season title outright. First: a road match at ranked Northwestern Tuesday night.

Two attackers have led the way during IU's run. Junior forward Samuel Sarver has tallied five goal contributions (three goals and two assists) over the four matches, including the winning goal at Maryland the last time out. Senior forward Karsen Henderlong assisted that goal, adding to his three goals scored in the previous four matches.

The matchup features two of the top scorers in the Big Ten. Sarver ranks tied-for-third in goals (6), assists (4) and points (16). Northwestern senior forward Justin Weiss leads the league in points with 21 (Seven goals, seven assists).

NU is ranked in 2 of the three polls.

Indiana’s strength, it’s back line, will need another standout performance v. NU‘s higher SOG%.

Will an outright BiG 10 championship and a couple wins in the BTT tourney bracket be enough for a record 48th NCAA Tournament appearance… I think so.

Tonight starts a stretch of 3 matches in 6 days to close out the regular season. Home Friday vs. Trine and home Sunday vs. Rutgers.

im interested to see if the boys can keep it going tonight at NW. Not only is NW good this year, but Mother Nature can be a factor up there, as the field is right on Lake Michigan.

NU wins on a brilliant header off a long throw in in the 1st period.
IU shoots a lot … but too low a percentage are on goal.

Indiana now 4th in the standings … with 1 match to play.

Just one of those nights. I thought NW played really good D and shut down any good chances IU had.

Home for Trine and Rutgers to finish out the regular season. I'd say "on the bubble" as of now for NCAAs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT