ADVERTISEMENT

Those CDC numbers

warning.....I am not advocating that this is some massive conspiracy, but yes, there have been several "questionable" situations that seem a little odd. Here is one:

When you hear explanations that COVID may have caused him to crash his motorcycle, thus being the COD, my BS meter goes up. I don't think this is widespread, but isolated cases like this one just gives red meat to some.
Yes, and they corrected that one when it was brought to light.

It does mean that the death rate for Covid without any other underlying medical issues, is very low. It means that if you are healthy your chances of dying from Covid seem to be very low, which is a good thing isn't it?
Not necessarily. No one dies from Covid alone. They die from the pneumonia, stroke, heart attack, or organ failure covid causes. Both would or should be listed as CoD.

Last edited:
If you're going to make absurd claims then you should be prepared to back them up. You have evidence of someone dying in a car accident with Covid listed as their cause of death? If not, then STFU.

I was just going to post "link"? in reply. But I think your much more direct response really cuts thru to the heart of the matter...;)

There are financial and political incentives to list COVID19 as COD. There are plenty of examples like the motorcycle death.

You mean the one from Florida that was reported on by a local news station (damn near the very next day) and the person was removed from the COVID death count total? That one?

Yes, and they corrected that one when it was brought to light.
Fair enough. Then you have this...

“According to NBC affiliate KGW in Oregon, if you die in a car crash in that state and previously tested positive for COVID-19 that's automatically considered a COVID-19 death”

once again, this may account for just a handful of cases, but reading things like this makes you wonder.

“According to NBC affiliate KGW in Oregon, if you die in a car crash in that state and previously tested positive for COVID-19 that's automatically considered a COVID-19 death”
I'm calling bullshit. Got a citation?

once again, this may account for just a handful of cases, but reading things like this makes you wonder.
There's been 200,000 excess deaths this year.

Do the math ... and quit wondering based on a single claim, article or mistake.

It's not that complicated.

Fine, take away motorcycle guy (which was already done). That leaves us with only 199,999 to account for if it makes people feel better.

Reactions: T.M.P.
I was thinking this might be trump’s plan for social security, but damn there are 55 million people over 65! We’re old

I am not wondering. I understand very clearly the 200,000 excess deaths. But when there are dumbass doctors out there trying to inflate numbers, and entire states with policies such as Oregon, it gives people pause, and ammunition to fight the data. That is my point.

Yea, that is exactly what I said.
No, you said - after someone pointed out there's 200,000+ excess deaths in the US compared to last year at this time - that one claim in a single article makes you "wonder".

Reactions: Circlejoe
You just said you were. Make up your mind.
I am not “wondering“ about the motorcycle article and even said that is not normal. I do wonder why the state of Oregon would have a policy saying that if you have had Covid, and have a car accident, they would list Covid as the cause of death. Your right, that doesn’t make sense to me. Do I think it manipulates the numbers? No, of course not, at least not in a statistical manner.

Not necessarily. No one dies from Covid alone. They die from the pneumonia, stroke, heart attack, or organ failure covid causes. Both would or should be listed as CoD.

Dumb.

No one dies of cancer either...they die from what cancer does to another physical process.

Yes, that is good. But with roughly 40% of Americans carrying at least one risk factor is doesn't necessarily mean we can pretend it is no different than the common cold.

Between the elderly and those with chronic or pre-conditions, there are 110million folks who will be vulnerable -- which is why herd immunity would never have worked.

Between the elderly and those with chronic or pre-conditions, there are 110million folks who will be vulnerable -- which is why herd immunity would never have worked.

Without all that, the documented cases of reinfection blow up the herd immunity argument. Also, the common cold is a coronavirus and we don’t have herd immunity for that. We don’t have herd immunity for the flu. All these viruses are constantly going through mutations. I read just back in March or April that this new coronavirus had already gone through several small mutations since November/December.

Reactions: sglowrider
There are financial and political incentives to list COVID19 as COD. There are plenty of examples like the motorcycle death.

Only if you are buying Trump's propaganda. Trying to see what lie will make his botched response appear better for his election prospects and you are buying it hook line and sinker.

Reactions: sglowrider
My oldest brother is 71 and just told me that he is getting over COVID-19. He got it a month ago, likely at a funeral in Indiana. He did not have the classic symptoms, thankfully, just wicked muscle aches and joint pain. He is lucky, since he has a history: heart attack, some lung problems, and age.

His doctor gave him hydroxychloroquine and my brother claims that it saved him. He is a die-hard Trumper.

My oldest brother is 71 and just told me that he is getting over COVID-19. He got it a month ago, likely at a funeral in Indiana. He did not have the classic symptoms, thankfully, just wicked muscle aches and joint pain. He is lucky, since he has a history: heart attack, some lung problems, and age.

His doctor gave him hydroxychloroquine and my brother claims that it saved him. He is a die-hard Trumper.

Your bro got COVID a month ago and his doctor gave him a drug who’s emergency authorization for use to treat COVID was revoked in June?

Your bro got COVID a month ago and his doctor gave him a drug who’s emergency authorization for use to treat COVID was revoked in June?
Yep. His doctor wrote that it was for malaria use. I also asked him about how he got it. Prescribed on or about Aug 6, Bowling Green KY.

He wants to get more, since he says his joint pain is less than before he got sick.

he now still suffers from vertigo but is COVID- negative. I told him that the vertigo could be a lingering post-COVID symptom, but he's convinced that HCQ cured him and that the vertigo is from "some other virus" that he must have caught while sick from COVID.

Last edited:
I also asked him about how he got it. Prescribed on or about Aug 6, Bowling Green KY.

He wants to get more, since he says his joint pain is less than before he got sick.

he now still suffers from vertigo but is COVID- negative. I told him that the vertigo could be a lingering post-COVID symptom, but he's convinced that HCQ cured him and that the vertigo is from "some other virus" that he must have caught while sick from COVID.

That sounds like fraud.

Hmmm.

You say this is an official policy of the State of Georgia, which has one of the nation's strangest Covid-fighting histories?

That sounds like fraud.
Doctors can write prescriptions for off-label use. It's not fraud, but it is less than fully ethical, especially considering it has cardiac warnings and my brother had a heart attack a few years ago.

HCQ is approved for malaria, lupus, and rhumatoid arthritis.

Doctors can write prescriptions for off-label use. It's not fraud, but it is less than fully ethical, especially considering it has cardiac warnings and my brother had a heart attack a few years ago.

HCQ is approved for malaria, lupus, and rhumatoid arthritis.

I understand that. Unless I misread your post you said the doc wrote for malaria use. As in he was saying your bro had malaria when he didn’t, not writing for an off-label use. That sounds like fraud.

That sounds like fraud.
Doctors are allowed to use FDA-approved medicines for off-label uses. It happens everywhere, every day. If he indeed prescribed it for malaria, it was an unnecessary move, unless the fear was doctor-patient interference at the pharmacy.

Doctors are allowed to use FDA-approved medicines for off-label uses. It happens everywhere, every day. If he indeed prescribed it for malaria, it was an unnecessary move, unless the fear was doctor-patient interference at the pharmacy.

I explained why it sounded like fraud. I know about off label uses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT