ADVERTISEMENT

The Southern border boogeyman

Oliver talks a good game now, but a few years ago, he was singing a different tune. I'm not sure yet if I trust the guy.
What did he say a few years ago? He supports open border but wants to do in a sane way. I'd rather Spike be the guy but he did not join the race. He is pushing the libertarian movement traveling around the country and exposing the dumbass things governments due to people at the local levels. I'll listen to RFK if the duopoly doesn't blackball him and quite like Tulsi. Only she could make me vote for Trump. Hope she stays away from from being his VP.

Getting rid of all immigration would have such a negative effect on this country.

People should really think about the ramifications if that were to happen.
No One is saying get rid of Immigration...

What most of us who aren't ultra left wing Democrats want is to do completely away with Illegal Immigrantion...

There's a Major difference between the two (which the Democratic Party has completely lost sight of).

No One is saying get rid of Immigration...

What most of us who aren't ultra left wing Democrats want is to do completely away with Illegal Immigrantion...

There's a Major difference between the two (which the Democratic Party has completely lost sight of).
Biden is in a tough spot. He became a progressive and it’s obvious progressive policies are failures. So now how does he disavow his awful presidency while continuing to get the progressive vote, which is substantial

Reactions: 76-1
Biden is in a tough spot. He became a progressive and it’s obvious progressive policies are failures. So now how does he disavow his awful presidency while continuing to get the progressive vote, which is substantial
He’ll have to hope that there are enough voters out there that don’t care AT ALL about policy or results & will vote for him no matter how bad he has been or will be because Trump is running against him. Based on this board, there just might be enough to pull it off…

Reactions: 76-1
He’ll have to hope that there are enough voters out there that don’t care AT ALL about policy or results & will vote for him no matter how bad he has been or will be because Trump is running against him. Based on this board, there just might be enough to pull it off…
Agreed

Unless one of these terrorists sneaking through biden’s border bombs Disney or he strokes out I don’t see trump winning. The border is a joke. Prices are sky high. Every policy measure he touches is wrong but people would still rather deal with that than trump. @dbmhoosier since we are all in the betting mood I’ll bet you ten grand trump loses in nov. No bullshit. If you believe in the polls

What did he say a few years ago? He supports open border but wants to do in a sane way. I'd rather Spike be the guy but he did not join the race. He is pushing the libertarian movement traveling around the country and exposing the dumbass things governments due to people at the local levels. I'll listen to RFK if the duopoly doesn't blackball him and quite like Tulsi. Only she could make me vote for Trump. Hope she stays away from from being his VP.
I disagree with several of his current and past positions that are more aligned with left and progressive positions.

Pro gender transition for kids (I think the use of puberty blockers and surgery on kids is a NAP violation)
Pro men in women's sports
His previous support of Barack Obama is a red flag for me and I'm still trying to understand it completely. In his defense, he was in his early 20s and we're all mostly still ignorant and easily swayed at that age.
I'm still trying to figure out what I think about his support of vax mandates relative to his property rights position.

I do like several of his other positions on gun rights, healthcare costs, abortion, education, immigration, and trade.

I'm in learning mode, but would still rather vote for him than Trump or Biden.

I disagree with several of his current and past positions that are more aligned with left and progressive positions.

Pro gender transition for kids (I think the use of puberty blockers and surgery on kids is a NAP violation)
Pro men in women's sports
His previous support of Barack Obama is a red flag for me and I'm still trying to understand it completely. In his defense, he was in his early 20s and we're all mostly still ignorant and easily swayed at that age.
I'm still trying to figure out what I think about his support of vax mandates relative to his property rights position.

I do like several of his other positions on gun rights, healthcare costs, abortion, education, immigration, and trade.

I'm in learning mode, but would still rather vote for him than Trump or Biden.

Thanks for the video. I;ll watch at some point. I won't watch the election between the 2 clowns but will watch a lot of you tube videos and listen to podcast with RFK and Oliver. I'll also look for Spike, Tulsi and Kennedy videos and podcasts.

I don't agree with everything from any candidate but my main support for the Libertarians is they are anti-war and they wan't to shrink the Fed govt to only what is needed. The fed govt has pretty much f'd up everything it touches in my lifetime.

I don't think he supports mandates. Whether he changed his stance or not doesn't matter to me. I don't see any way the COVID stuff would impact opinion. The country ws not ready for it no matter who was in office. The only thing that would impact my opinion is the shutdown of the country which Trump was ready to move on from after a couple of months.

I know Oliver has no chance to win as elections are rigged for the duopoly. I view them as supporting a movement away from the duopoly. Hopefully those .pct of votes against the Republocrats grows and grows..

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Another Bogeyman?

Nothing to see here folks just move along in an orderly fashion...

Now repeat after me: All the illegal migrants are our friends and are only here to make the country better... (as long as they vote Democrat)
//DWS//

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: DANC
Another Bogeyman?

Nothing to see here folks just move along in an orderly fashion...

Now repeat after me: All the illegal migrants are our friends and are only here to make the country better... (as long as the vote Democrat)
//DWS//

Since Columbine there have been >400 school shootings and about 25 church shootings. I I believe the number of undocumented immigrants doing the shooting is stuck at zero. If not zero, then very near zero.

Breaking News:

White American Trump Supporter Kills 20 People in El Paso; He Was Not An Immigrant

So, you are posting a non-immigration-related story in an immigration thread …. Why?

Let me answer - because you want to deflect from a Democrat weakness by saying “Yabbut, this irrelevant story is about a bad Trumper, so … you know.”

And they were all Trump supporters.
No they were all losers. You can be a loser and not be a Trump supporter.

Seems odd, but true!

I think that, at least theoretically, you can even be a racist and not be a Trump supporter. Rare, but possible.

Last edited:
Breaking News:

White American Trump Supporter Kills 20 People in El Paso; He Was Not An Immigrant

that's the norm, so nobody notices
A blip compared to the amount of killing Dem voters do each year.

Reactions: DANC
So, you are posting a non-immigration-related story in an immigration thread …. Why?

Let me answer - because you want to deflect from a Democrat weakness by saying “Yabbut, this irrelevant story is about a bad Trumper, so … you know.”
You are wrong again.

This is not an "immigration thread." The thread is entitled "The Southern Border Boogeyman" and the original post is a link entitled "Migrant Crime Fear-Mongering."

That's what this thread is about. My post was consistent with the original post, though not with your biases you've shown us in the past.

You are wrong again.

This is not an "immigration thread." The thread is entitled "The Southern Border Boogeyman" and the original post is a link entitled "Migrant Crime Fear-Mongering."

That's what this thread is about. My post was consistent with the original post, though not with your biases you've shown us in the past.
I am very open about my bias - I hate propaganda from either side.

Reactions: Spartans9312
It's still not the norm. You're trying to make it sound like all immigrants are dangerous psychopaths. But they aren't. And statistically speaking, they are less likely to be dangerous than home-grown Americans. Them's just the numbers.

Our country sees something like 25000 homicides a year, right? And around half get cleared. So we're looking at, on average, maybe 13000 homicide convictions. Based on the proportion of the population, you'd expect about 350 of those convictions to be of illegal immigrants. More, if they are especially dangerous. But the total number of noncitizens convicted of homicide each year is only in the double digits. That's not even separating by legal/illegal. Studies show that illegal immigrants are actually less violent than legal immigrants.

All of this, of course, makes perfect sense if you only think about it for ten seconds.

It's still not the norm. You're trying to make it sound like all immigrants are dangerous psychopaths. But they aren't. And statistically speaking, they are less likely to be dangerous than home-grown Americans. Them's just the numbers.

Our country sees something like 25000 homicides a year, right? And around half get cleared. So we're looking at, on average, maybe 13000 homicide convictions. Based on the proportion of the population, you'd expect about 350 of those convictions to be of illegal immigrants. More, if they are especially dangerous. But the total number of noncitizens convicted of homicide each year is only in the double digits. That's not even separating by legal/illegal. Studies show that illegal immigrants are actually less violent than legal immigrants.

All of this, of course, makes perfect sense if you only think about it for ten seconds.
For the people your pals are perpetuating these horrors on statistics don't carry much weight:

Just "bogeymen"... DWS...

For the people your pals are perpetuating these horrors on statistics don't carry much weight:

Just "bogeymen"... DWS...
The statistics are the truth. Your fear-mongering is the propaganda.

Your propaganda probably works, you're right about that. But don't pretend it's anything other than what it is.

Your propaganda probably works, you're right about that. But don't pretend it's anything other than what it is.
Is this propaganda?

You're as sick has your pal
Hick if you dismiss those articles as "propaganda" ... //(so CNN [the article you replied to] is now a Republican mouthpiece??? That's rich!)//

Another one:

Is this propaganda?

You're as sick has your pal
Hick if you dismiss those articles as "propaganda" ... //(so CNN [the article you replied to] is now a Republican mouthpiece??? That's rich!)//

Another one:

No, that's not propaganda. Those are stories about people responding positively to propaganda.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark and DANC

I think I'll start calling you "Joy" since you two have so much in common:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT