ADVERTISEMENT

The Southern border boogeyman

Is this the progressive way of sending thoughts and prayers to those who are abnormally DEAD, from the hands of joe's party and handlers playing Political social engineering, at OUR expense??
Nothing to see here says the WC's version of MSNBC's Joy... 🙄

Democrats truly live in a fantasy world and it's clearly a complete waste of time even attempting to engage with them... Unless this type of crime directly affects them it's just "propaganda" perpetuated by "bogeymen"...

Nothing to see here says the WC's version of MSNBC's Joy... 🙄

Democrats truly live in a fantasy world and it's clearly a complete waste of time even attempting to engage with them... Unless this type of crime directly affects them it's just "propaganda" perpetuated by "bogeymen"...
Just imagine the media response if all this happened under a Trump Presidency.

Are the crime rates for illegals higher than for US citizens or for those that have entered legally through a designated point of entry?
Nope. The are highest for citizens, lower for legal immigrants, and lowest for illegal immigrants.

Edit: At least, that's the case with violent crime. Might get complicated with nonviolent crime, I'm not sure.

Nope. The are highest for citizens, lower for legal immigrants, and lowest for illegal immigrants.

Edit: At least, that's the case with violent crime. Might get complicated with nonviolent crime, I'm not sure.
Links? Also, are number of “unsolved” cases up? How successful are police at catching illegals committing crimes? If they are illegals & are undocumented, it seems difficult to support this statistically…

Links? Also, are number of “unsolved” cases up? How successful are police at catching illegals committing crimes? If they are illegals & are undocumented, it seems difficult to support this statistically…
I'm on my phone right now. You really don't know how to look at FBI and DHS crime statistics?

I'm on my phone right now. You really don't know how to look at FBI and DHS crime statistics?
I’m not sure how confident we should be in these numbers. There could be a lot of reasons why illegal immigrants are convicted at a lower rate, for example.

Of course, those claiming illegal immigrants are much more dangerous should probably bear the burden of proof here, even if we want to use a lower standard.

I'm assuming... as a northern lib, renting, and living with his parents, that you've never had a gun to your head from either...

1) Southern Urban Black kids
2) Mexican carjacking gangsters

And understandably, you don't understand the border issues.

Fair enough.
How many different ways can you people admit I'm right?

I’m not sure how confident we should be in these numbers. There could be a lot of reasons why illegal immigrants are convicted at a lower rate, for example.

Of course, those claiming illegal immigrants are much more dangerous should probably bear the burden of proof here, even if we want to use a lower standard.
There are very obvious reasons why illegals commit less crime than legal aliens who commit less crime than citizens. This isn't rocket science.

I play cards with JD Shelnutt. He'd love to kick all you non-material, non-paying shitlibs off this site.

Mcmurtry will be the one and only Mod.
I've always wondered how non-payers become Mods.

I am fully paid up, by the way - I'll volunteer my services.

Like the late IHSAA Commissioner Gene Cato, I'll be strict but fair.

There are very obvious reasons why illegals commit less crime than legal aliens who commit less crime than citizens. This isn't rocket science.
True, there are reasons. But I don't think looking at this stuff a priori make much sense. Weird things happen for reasons we don't know all the time.

For example, why would these reasons hold true in the US and not in Europe, where some studies show a positive (albeit weak, due, again to poor data) link between immigration and crime in some countries (which, again, could be due to a host of factors not related to immigrants being somehow more immoral than the indigent population)?

From what I can tell, the studies are all over the map and the data just isn't very good on a lot of this stuff:

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://aisberg.unibg.it/bitstream/10446/288/1/WPEco01(2008)Bianchi.pdf

What makes matters worse is that there are usually two factions in each nation that seem to want the numbers to be higher or lower, and so it's hard to know who to trust, who's fudging what (or redefining terms) to get the results they want.

I play cards with JD Shelnutt. He'd love to kick all you non-material, non-paying shitlibs off this site.

Mcmurtry will be the one and only Mod.
You know he’s one of my all time favorite characters in a movie. THEN *****IN PRACTICE RANDY YOU OLD BUZZARD.

to this day my team here says “we’re getting the band together” before every planned event

Reactions: 76-1
J.D. Shellnut is a character from the 1996 movie Sling Blade. In the movie, a character played by Dwight Yoakum tells a neighbor, "I told you three times already, the law's on my side! I play cards with J.D. Shellnut, chief of police!"
Go f****** practice Randy!

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
True, there are reasons. But I don't think looking at this stuff a priori make much sense. Weird things happen for reasons we don't know all the time.

For example, why would these reasons hold true in the US and not in Europe, where some studies show a positive (albeit weak, due, again to poor data) link between immigration and crime in some countries (which, again, could be due to a host of factors not related to immigrants being somehow more immoral than the indigent population)?

From what I can tell, the studies are all over the map and the data just isn't very good on a lot of this stuff:

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://aisberg.unibg.it/bitstream/10446/288/1/WPEco01(2008)Bianchi.pdf

What makes matters worse is that there are usually two factions in each nation that seem to want the numbers to be higher or lower, and so it's hard to know who to trust, who's fudging what (or redefining terms) to get the results they want.
Fair enough, but simply posting a series of cherry-picked examples certainly doesn't make any sense. It's just patent fear-mongering.

I already posted my logic based on numbers above. Is it a rigorous study? Not at all. But at least it's logical and has data behind it, which is far more useful than "Look at this link of this one bad migrant!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT