ADVERTISEMENT

The next coach.

Better be one or these names.

1. Alford
2. Fife
3. Woodson
4. Wittman

It is time to go back to our roots.
Yeah except it sounds like Miller get another year no matter what. We get to do this all over next year.

Archie doesn't deserve another year. Nothing has improved in three seasons. No defense, a stagnant offense, and no in game adjustments. Archie is in over his head. I don't think another 1-3 years will help. It's time to cut ties. This is of course IU loses tonight, and is below .500 in league play. Each season I have cared a little less the last 5-6 seasons.

Better be one or these names.

1. Alford
2. Fife
3. Woodson
4. Wittman

It is time to go back to our roots.

Alford? All he’s proven is he’s meant to be a mid-major coach. Alford is already a failed experiment at an elite program. No need to prove it again.

Wittman? He’s never been a college coach and in his 10 years as an NBA coach he had two winning seasons and both of those weren’t much over .500.

Fife? His only HC experience is IPFW.

Woodson? At least he’s managed three winning seasons in nine years as an NBA coach. Never been a D1 college coach.

Neither Wittman nor Woodson have any experience recruiting college players or building college rosters.

Archie doesn't deserve another year. Nothing has improved in three seasons. No defense, a stagnant offense, and no in game adjustments. Archie is in over his head. I don't think another 1-3 years will help. It's time to cut ties. This is of course IU loses tonight, and is below .500 in league play. Each season I have cared a little less the last 5-6 seasons.
Like having Crean here all over again

Anyone but Crean would be an upgrade at this point the snowball is rolling downhill out of control.

Anyone but Crean would be an upgrade at this point the snowball is rolling downhill out of control.
Crean inherited Kyle Tabor...and that is it. He made the dance in year four. If things continue the way they are now, best case for Archie is year four.

He sure doesn't. But as ken bickoff stated happily he is safe as safe can be.

Beard wouldn't come here. For all the reasons previously mentioned here he's not available. For just one reason - he's the 4th highest paid college coach in America.

If money is the reason that we aren't competitive then we should be done even pretending that we are a blue blood program. UK, UNC, Duke, Kansas and UCLA don't go cheap on their coaches. But I agree with you, we've been a joke athletically for a long time due to money and compliance.

Reactions: IUgradman
Only minus the few 20 win seasons and the 2 Big titles. But yeah, exactly the same.
Undisciplined play, only seem to be competitive with the middle-lower half of the league, worrying about whether or not we'll be playing in the postseason. Yeah, reminds me alot of when Crean was here. Yeah, Crean won 2 Big Ten titles in 9 years; here's how we finished the other 7: 11th, 9th, 11th, 5th, 8th, 7th, and 10th. From what Archie's teams have shown so far, we're heading the same direction.

Last edited:
My worry is with Glass retiring, there won't be anyone to fire Miller once he misses the tourney yet again. We'll be stuck with him by default for another year. Unless the new AD comes in and is determined to make his/her mark right away.

Reactions: dmosier4
My worry is with Glass retiring, there won't be anyone to fire Miller once he misses the tourney yet again. We'll be stuck with him by default for another year. Unless the new AD comes in and is determined to make his/her mark right away.

our bags of money have bags of money. We’ll be alright. Gulp. Lol.

What is Glass's forecast retirement date?

Reactions: ufo33
If money is the reason that we aren't competitive then we should be done even pretending that we are a blue blood program. UK, UNC, Duke, Kansas and UCLA don't go cheap on their coaches. But I agree with you, we've been a joke athletically for a long time due to money and compliance.
Actually, compliance has not been an issue at IU except for Sampson. What did you have in mind?

I am pretty convinced he will be back simply cause of what you said. I fear we are stuck with him no matter how horrible the year goes

Alford? All he’s proven is he’s meant to be a mid-major coach. Alford is already a failed experiment at an elite program. No need to prove it again.

Wittman? He’s never been a college coach and in his 10 years as an NBA coach he had two winning seasons and both of those weren’t much over .500.

Fife? His only HC experience is IPFW.

Woodson? At least he’s managed three winning seasons in nine years as an NBA coach. Never been a D1 college coach.

Neither Wittman nor Woodson have any experience recruiting college players or building college rosters.
Hardly just a mid major coach.

Neither money nor compliance are an issue at IU. Shortcomings rooted elsewhere.

Neither money nor compliance are an issue at IU. Shortcomings rooted elsewhere.
If the powers-that-be wanted IU to be a basketball powerhouse, then it would be. That's why it's time to face reality and move on. IU will never be what we want it to be, and what it should be, so it's time to find another school to root for.

Reactions: IUgradman
Go get Bruce Pearl.

Deon Thomas was 30 years ago. I don't care who attended bbq's either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT