ADVERTISEMENT

My crystal ball…

IUHoopster

Junior
Dec 21, 2001
Southern Indiana
shows Woodson at IU for another 5 seasons. He’s 65 and getting the benefit of the doubt for this season ( Dolson / the Administration can’t let him go this season when they let Coach Clueless go for 4 ). If he rights the ship next season and makes it to the Tournament , and continues to go 1 or 2 rounds each year, I can see him coasting till 70, when he’s asked to retire.

Disclaimer: my crystal ball is a snow globe with a crack and a haze issue but that is what I predict.

shows Woodson at IU for another 5 seasons. He’s 65 and getting the benefit of the doubt for this season ( Dolson / the Administration can’t let him go this season when they let Coach Clueless go for 4 ). If he rights the ship next season and makes it to the Tournament , and continues to go 1 or 2 rounds each year, I can see him coasting till 70, when he’s asked to retire.

Disclaimer: my crystal ball is a snow globe with a crack and a haze issue but that is what I predict.
More like one of those Plastic 8 Balls with the floating triangle that reads "only works with a path forward coach". No more of this starting over. Purdue basketball girls and boys bring-up the next person 1-2 years in. So, there is less pressure on the guy going out & the incumbent is settled & ready 2 take over. IU never has clean hand-offs in basketball - not in my 50+ years of following IU mens basketball. If you are pitching - "getting back to Indiana basketball" - do what you preach.. Bring in your next coach early.. Act like you have a plan IU!!

More like one of those Plastic 8 Balls with the floating triangle that reads "only works with a path forward coach". No more of this starting over. Purdue basketball girls and boys bring-up the next person 1-2 years in. So, there is less pressure on the guy going out & the incumbent is settled & ready 2 take over. IU never has clean hand-offs in basketball - not in my 50+ years of following IU mens basketball. If you are pitching - "getting back to Indiana basketball" - do what you preach.. Bring in your next coach early.. Act like you have a plan IU!!
I thought I drank myself sober till I tried to read that. going to bed, tomorrow's a new day

He’s got three years left on his deal, I doubt he gets an extension. But…
Let's face it, the only way MW is gone is if next season's IU looks like this season's Michigan. The worst-case scenario is sneaking into the NCAA. If that happens, I'm convinced oody will be at IU until he dies.

Reactions: ufo33
Let's face it, the only way MW is gone is if next season's IU looks like this season's Michigan. The worst-case scenario is sneaking into the NCAA. If that happens, I'm convinced oody will be at IU until he dies.
The biggest issue with him is i am pretty sure we will never even make a sweet sixeteen with him. Last year he could not even get out past the second round with an all american. He needs increbible talent to win cause he is just not that good at coaching. Now if he had landed liam, queen, and boogie things would look better but he got none at all. Purdue will loses edey buy brings in another 7'3 guy who i am guessing a couple years painter will have him being a stud. I do agree though they will do all they can to keep him.

Disclaimer: my crystal ball is a snow globe with a crack and a haze issue but that is what I prediTct.TR
This did not age well.

That’s not at all far fetched, since there’ll be long odds that he can hit a HR in the portal, especially with finding the guards it’ll take to win. We’ve seen this movie before and it’s filled with scenes of clanking 3’s, stagnant offensive movement, and poor defense.

Reactions: GThomas
The priority seems to be Woody before IUBB.

He got a $1M raise he didn’t earn, our big NIL boosters increased their commitments despite him doing little with previous NIL, and now he has more time despite struggling with wins and recruiting.

I’m not sure what it will take for IU to stop giving Woody time and resources.

I need the capper to weigh in on this.

The priority seems to be Woody before IUBB.

He got a $1M raise he didn’t earn, our big NIL boosters increased their commitments despite him doing little with previous NIL, and now he has more time despite struggling with wins and recruiting.

I’m not sure what it will take for IU to stop giving Woody time and resources.
Someone needs to explain why oody is the 13th highest paid coach in college basketball. F***ing absurd.

Reactions: kmathum
You’d think boosters would actually want their team to win and donate money to ensure that happens.

My wife bought a crystal ball from a garage sale, supposedly it belonged to the Woodsons, all it would say is “get over the hump”

The biggest issue with him is i am pretty sure we will never even make a sweet sixeteen with him. Last year he could not even get out past the second round with an all american. He needs increbible talent to win cause he is just not that good at coaching. Now if he had landed liam, queen, and boogie things would look better but he got none at all. Purdue will loses edey buy brings in another 7'3 guy who i am guessing a couple years painter will have him being a stud. I do agree though they will do all they can to keep him.
How do you know?

• Angry
Reactions: mohoosier
If .500 is best IU can do next season, then I hope IU goes 10-21 6-12 . Would be good for Woody's ego to own that. Since IU doesent care anymore, I'm actually hoping it will happen.
You seem to be personally fixated on Woody on a personal level. Do you know him? Ever met him?

• Haha
Reactions: Willdog7
You’d think boosters would actually want their team to win and donate money to ensure that happens.

Who knows what people like that want. Maybe it's program access. Maybe it's invites to the pole barn for Cubans and Malbecs. People with millions to toss around for things like this probably have different wants that just 25 wins like the $10 donors. Power is a real thing.

Reactions: .Gerdis

ULAM.gif

It would take a Bud Light type boycott to move this program. Don't bother taking sides...the point has nothing to do with Bud Light...and everything to do with bottom-up, grass roots consumer boycotting. IU basketball fans will need to keep their money in their pockets...no game tickets, no tee shirts, hats, empty seats at AH...etc....to move this lackadaisical, apathetic leadership off the schneid. As long as the support remains materially and financially solid....nothing will happen. They don't care about the bitching and complaining....they simply push the mute button. Money talks.

Reactions: bsmitty08
It would take a Bud Light type boycott to move this program. Don't bother taking sides...the point has nothing to do with Bud Light...and everything to do with bottom-up, grass roots consumer boycotting. IU basketball fans will need to keep their money in their pockets...no game tickets, no tee shirts, hats, empty seats at AH...etc....to move this lackadaisical, apathetic leadership off the schneid. As long as the support remains materially and financially solid....nothing will happen. They don't care about the bitching and complaining....they simply push the mute button. Money talks.
Yeah it’s not bad enough already. Destroy it completely then you’ll get the coaches and players you want 🙄

Coach Clueless recruited the only player that allowed Coach Dead Man Walking to last this long.

A real program would rip the band aid now. Admit they fkd up. Fire the athletic administration that's been around for 30 years.... And get serious about winning.

Yeah it’s not bad enough already. Destroy it completely then you’ll get the coaches and players you want 🙄
Rebuilding starts with destroying. Or....IU can simply maintain the status quo. We are very familiar with the latter.

Did the Bud light boycott do that thing you think (hoped) it did? I don’t think it did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT