ADVERTISEMENT

The Jihad 20 Hold the GOP, Congress & Everyone Hostage

DCGeneral

Hall of Famer
Jul 5, 2001
This is what happens when you get in bed with the Tea Party and later the MAGA lowlifes.

This is what happens when idiots with extreme views are given positions of influence. You empower lowlifes to act as terrorists, and the entire country suffers.

As an independent voter I find this entire procedure as the perfect example of what is so wrong in our congress today with both parties. The speaker is third in line to the presidency and this election to speaker depends on making the best "deals". I am not naive and understand it is part of the process in all things in Washington, but not once have I heard anyone suggest the speaker be elected because he is the most able and would be the best selection for the American people.

What a country because of what we have allowed ourselves to become with these two parties in a constant fight to rule instead of governing.

This is what happens when you get in bed with the Tea Party and later the MAGA lowlifes.

This is what happens when idiots with extreme views are given positions of influence. You empower lowlifes to act as terrorists, and the entire country suffers.
No wonder you are such an a$$hole on sports boards. Jihad? What are you the general of the latrine cleaning squad?

Reactions: DANC

How are you suffering?

Reactions: Crayfish57
People like

you make us seem like a Banana republic, whatever rock you must have crawled out of go back
Cray, all you do is insult. You, Dan, and DMB are like the 3 amigos. If only you were 1/4 as smart as you think you are.

At one time you were a promising contributor. What happened? Your anger always seems to get the best of you and then the insults start to fly.

And Dan - it was a good shot. Too bad Ashli forced the cop to make that heroic decision.

Cray, all you do is insult. You, Dan, and DMB are like the 3 amigos. If only you were 1/4 as smart as you think you are.

At one time you were a promising contributor. What happened? Your anger always seems to get the best of you and then the insults start to fly.

And Dan - it was a good shot. Too bad Ashli forced the cop to make that heroic decision.
At even 1/4 as intelligent, we're still 5X smarter than you.

• Love
Reactions: Crayfish57

Did you even read the original post or just decide it was your turn to try and find an insult? You failed if you are picking this thread .

McCarthy just lost this 7th vote. It is his fault for letting it to go to a vote when he never had the votes - that would never have had with other previous Speakers. That's rule #1 - don't let it go to a vote unless you know are positive you have the votes.

The Jihad 20 are letting McCarthy get humiliated because they care more about their personal ambition more than party and country.

It is so sad how these idiots are making our country look like a 3rd world country.

McCarthy just lost this 7th vote. It is his fault for letting it to go to a vote when he never had the votes - that would never have had with other previous Speakers. That's rule #1 - don't let it go to a vote unless you know are positive you have the votes.

The Jihad 20 are letting McCarthy get humiliated because they care more about their personal ambition more than party and country.

It is so sad how these idiots are making our country look like a 3rd world country.
You know the vote is scheduled at a certain time, right? It's not legislation and he's not the Speaker. He can't control when they have the election.

Sheez......

McCarthy isn't Speaker and can't control anything....

After Jan 6, are you that surprised?

Wonder who decides when to start the vote when there is no speaker yet.

I should have been cleared. Yes, when it comes to legislation, you can control when something comes to a vote.

My point is that although I'm not a fan of Pelosi, she dealt with The Squad or any other obstacles well in advance. When she knew there were votes she needed to get, she made a list, figured out what those Representatives needed/wanted, and she got it done.

McCarthy should have figured out how to placate the Jihad 20 well in advance, and if he couldn't, he should have spared himself and the GOP this immense embarassment.

That's a good point. Wonder who or what dictates when to start another vote.
After the roll call is recorded, the chair recognizes whoever is seeking recognition. So the members collectively sort of decide what to do next. So far, every member has sought to nominate a speaker or moved to adjourn. I don't know if there are any rules preventing them from conducting any other business.

After the roll call is recorded, the chair recognizes whoever is seeking recognition. So the members collectively sort of decide what to do next. So far, every member has sought to nominate a speaker or moved to adjourn. I don't know if there are any rules preventing them from conducting any other business.

From what i've read, no business gets done until there is a speaker. Although not sure if there are exceptions.

You know the vote is scheduled at a certain time, right? It's not legislation and he's not the Speaker. He can't control when they have the election.

Sheez......
I think he means that McCarthy should've initially rejected the nomination for Speaker if he didn't have the votes.

That's nowhere close to what he said.
Really because it sounds pretty much exactly like what he said...

"McCarthy just lost this 7th vote. It is his fault for letting it to go to a vote when he never had the votes"

Harry Hondo said:
I think he means that McCarthy should've initially rejected the nomination for Speaker if he didn't have the votes.

Please explain the difference, oh wise savant...

Really because it sounds pretty much exactly like what he said...

"McCarthy just lost this 7th vote. It is his fault for letting it to go to a vote when he never had the votes"

Harry Hondo said:

Please explain the difference, oh wise savant...
He said nothing about rejecting the nomination.

Seriously, can you read?

No need to be a savant when it's right there in black and white, oh cut-and-paste one.

Ironic you're digging in on this literalism while simultaneously explaining you meant only the federal government in another thread.
Ironic you weigh in out of nowhere. The issues I discussed were clearly federal issues.

If you could read a thread properly, you'd know that. But you have issues in that regard.

Ironic you weigh in out of nowhere. The issues I discussed were clearly federal issues.

If you could read a thread properly, you'd know that. But you have issues in that regard.
This is your new default. When someone calls you out for your all-too-frequent shitposting, and you're unable to offer anything of substance in reply or in defense, the other poster is "weighing in out of nowhere, " or is your "shadow" or "stalker." Breaking news, danc. It's a message board. Don't post if you don't want replies. Or stick to late-night posting, where it's pretty much just you and cray pleasuring each other.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
And General explained what he meant, but here you are, being an ass, anyway.
Dumbass. I wasn't addressing the General. I replied to Harry Hondo; then Cosmic copied and pasted the exact quotes and I pointed out they weren't saying the same thing. Then you chime in with an inane comment when you obviously didn't follow the thread.

Now, piss off.

I should have been cleared. Yes, when it comes to legislation, you can control when something comes to a vote.

My point is that although I'm not a fan of Pelosi, she dealt with The Squad or any other obstacles well in advance. When she knew there were votes she needed to get, she made a list, figured out what those Representatives needed/wanted, and she got it done.

McCarthy should have figured out how to placate the Jihad 20 well in advance, and if he couldn't, he should have spared himself and the GOP this immense embarassment.

This is a fight like 7 or 8 years coming.... it's been ongoing, but now just for the first time in public, on the floor.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT