ADVERTISEMENT

The election has changed.

The answer is McCain and Romney both lost the popular vote same as Trump did twice, and by similar margins.
And who was the ONE of those that sat in the oval office for 4 years as POTUS? hmmmmm
One of these are not like the swampricans.

Reactions: DANC
WTF?? That is exactly what MAGA is saying. Now the only argument is to where to draw the line. MAGA is saying ~16 weeks. Do you have a better line?
Initially I am furious that we are actually for the same thing, but equally happy that we really are not saying anything much different. Just gotta agree on the line part.
Keep up. MAGA Coach Trump has decided he’s OK with abortion on demand until birth - no restrictions - if that’s what a state desires. Think the team is fully aware of that?

Totally disagree. Old pubs lost to Obama twice and would have lost to Hilary. Maga won 2016 and got trump in in 20 and 24. That’s your core and your majority. That’s who you play to

Trump would have stood zero chance of beating Obama. He won the one time (barely) as he ran against someone as disliked as he was. Fk Maga. Losers.

Every piece of national polling we had showed Haley outperforming Trump.

Trump would have stood zero chance of beating Obama. He won the one time (barely) as he ran against someone as disliked as he was. Fk Maga. Losers.
Different times. Trump got 74 million votes in 2020. That’s a massive number

So what he lost. Loser over and over again. Likely will again the way things are going.
I think he will lose too. But that doesn’t speak to the current political environment. Maga is the party today just as progressives run the Dems. So you’re in the party or out. On both sides

Obama pulled off the remarkable feat of getting less total votes for his re-election campaign than his first, yet still winning. Unheard of.

His popularity peaked in 2008 and then again in 2017-2018 with the benefit of comparison/ nostalgia.
Obama was definitely beatable in 2012 with the right candidate though it certainly would've been tough. But Trump would've had FL, OH, IA, GA, and AZ (this was well before he had pissed off the McCain cult) in the bag 6 months before the election and sitting on over 260 EVs. The question would be where else could he win? PA and MI probably gone because too many blacks in Detroit and Philadelphia. It would've all come down to Wisconsin most likely.

Obama was definitely beatable in 2012 with the right candidate though it certainly would've been tough. But Trump would've had FL, OH, IA, GA, and AZ (this was well before he had pissed off the McCain cult) in the bag 6 months before the election and sitting on over 260 EVs. The question would be where else could he win? PA and MI probably gone because too many blacks in Detroit and Philadelphia. It would've all come down to Wisconsin most likely.
You’ve got it really, really bad.

I think he will lose too. But that doesn’t speak to the current political environment. Maga is the party today just as progressives run the Dems. So you’re in the party or out. On both sides

Out. Maga populism must be destroyed and extracted from the Republican party or the country is truly screwed. I'm much more concerned about next 40 years not the next 4.

by the skin of his teeth.
You know that is an emotional qualifier, right?
You listen to a lot of Barry Manilow on the boat? Now your older maybe "Embrace" is on your hot tracks?
Oh, Minoxidil and you wouldn't have to shave that head anymore. Just sayin. :)

• Haha
You know that is an emotional qualifier, right?
You listen to a lot of Barry Manilow on the boat? Now your older maybe "Embrace" is on your hot tracks?
Oh, Minoxidil and you wouldn't have to shave that head anymore. Just sayin. :)
I can’t decipher that.

Intellectual dishonesty, single source information, or just just don’t really know tons- I think those are likeliest reasons. There is never a very deep take, and mainly redundant “yeah but”.
Are you speaking about yourself? The citations are to the fed and the economist. The inflation data and timing of spikes are readily available. As is stimulus information.

Last edited:
I view progressives as far more dangerous to the country. Fundamentally

eh -- bad policies can be undone and culture wars always end up sorting themselves out. we've survived lots of both. hollowing out of trust in (provably secure) elections and our imperfect but best-in-class institutions is the ghoulish shit that scares me. deporting 5% of our workforce, abandoning Ukraine, and letting Israel run amok scares my investments.

have heard many geopolitical wonks put it like this: US presidents have their hands tied by congress and an immense foreign policy apparatus which takes more than just two presidential terms to change course. they are mostly PR guys who by law can only nibble at the edges (see Trumps stellar work on the wall and Biden's killer work on student loans). they are all elected on promises the do not have the power to keep. we should be voting for the person we think will best handle the inevitable crisis that appears during their presidency. there always is one.

Harris' ability to manage that crisis? scary, questionable, unknown

Trump's? unpredictable

ties goes to the devil I know

eh -- bad policies can be undone and culture wars always end up sorting themselves out. we've survived lots of both. hollowing out of trust in (provably secure) elections and our imperfect but best-in-class institutions is the ghoulish shit that scares me. deporting 5% of our workforce, abandoning Ukraine, and letting Israel run amok scares my investments.

have heard many geopolitical wonks put it like this: US presidents have their hands tied by congress and an immense foreign policy apparatus which takes more than just two presidential terms to change course. they are mostly PR guys who by law can only nibble at the edges (see Trumps stellar work on the wall and Biden's killer work on student loans). they are all elected on promises the do not have the power to keep. we should be voting for the person we think will best handle the inevitable crisis that appears during their presidency. there always is one.

Harris' ability to manage that crisis? scary, questionable, unknown

Trump's? unpredictable

ties goes to the devil I know
Bad policies can indeed be undone but I don’t view it that way. It’s something much more profound. Harris’ equity of outcome is a philosophical and ideological attack on the central tenets of our country. It disincentives entrepreneurship. Creativity. Drive. The desire to produce. It’s hard not invoke ayn Rand shit but it ****s with our emotions and our drive. I’m not starting a business and putting my balls out there to redistribute what I earn. And that’s at the philosophical level at the practical Corp inversion etc.

It’s a change to what makes this country great. And for me a progressive attack on that is the true danger to our country as it changes who we are. Pioneers. Cowboys. Explorers. Inventors.

Bad policies can indeed be undone but I don’t view it that way. It’s something much more profound. Harris’ equity of outcome is a philosophical and ideological attack on the central tenets of our country. It disincentives entrepreneurship. Creativity. Drive. The desire to produce. It’s hard not invoke ayn Rand shit but it ****s with our emotions and our drive. I’m not starting a business and putting my balls out there to redistribute what I earn. And that’s at the philosophical level at the practical Corp conversions etc.

It’s a change to what makes this country great. And for me a progressive attack on that is the true danger to our country

is equal outcome a new theory? IMO we've seen that rebranded many times yet most American 7-yr olds will tell you they are gonna be rich af when they grow up. the American way survived.

as a business owner, in the short-term, I wanted reasonable tax rates and manageable regulations (mostly for my financial services clients) but in the long-term I wanted a stable if not growing middle-class (my clients' customers). it's a dance.

as a business owner, in the short-term, I wanted reasonable tax rates and manageable regulations (mostly for my financial services clients) but in the long-term I wanted a stable if not growing middle-class (my clients' customers). it's a dance.
is equal outcome a new theory? IMO we've seen that rebranded many times yet most American 7-yr olds will tell you they are gonna be rich af when they grow up. the American way survived.

It’s not a new theory it’s a failed proposition. And it’s at once exceptionally brazen and ignorant to espouse it today as the dem running for president. No one objects to equality of opportunity. Outcome implicates much more that is not healthy for a country. Social workers are great with feelings and programs. Not development

Thier is nothing more dangerous that an educated female. Most women know how dangerous a pregnancy can be and you left the issue out of your response. Visit a pioneer cemetery and notice all the little stones and the mothers that died in childbirth. They don't want abortion on demand, but they do want a chance to live or have a healthy child.
A pioneer cemetery is an argument for how dangerous pregnancy is? Of course it was -------in 1700-1800's. Just like an infected ear, or cut was...

Medicine has came a long ways since Little House on the Prairie..

Mortality rate i believe was 32 for every 100, 000 births----or someting like 0.03%.

Dangerous? Sure. But to use this as a reasoning for abortion is aisinine---and very, very misleading.

It’s not a new theory it’s a failed proposition. And it’s at once exceptionally brazen and ignorant to espouse it today as the dem running for president. No one objects to equality of opportunity. Outcome implicates much more that is not healthy for a country. Social workers are great with feelings and programs. Not development

not brazen to the middle-class families who have slipped several rungs down over the last two generations. again, IMO we dance the dance. this isn't the US of yesteryear, when economic mobility was our thing. we're the opposite now and it wasn't "equal outcome" policy that got us here. we moved from a manufacturing economy to a service economy without reinvesting in people. what % of the population could actually do what you and I have done over the last 20 years? I think it's shockingly small. I was born on third base with a big lead towards home. I don't think "equal outcome" rage moves the needle like you think it does because real opportunity in this country is so far gone. we've objected to "equality of opportunity" in practice for a long time now.

anyway, your takes are appreciated as you clearly aren't glued to a party. must be a trait of Big Ballers from the Lou.

not brazen to the middle-class families who have slipped several rungs down over the last two generations. again, IMO we dance the dance. this isn't the US of yesteryear, when economic mobility was our thing. we're the opposite now and it wasn't "equal outcome" policy that got us here. we moved from a manufacturing economy to a service economy without reinvesting in people. what % of the population could actually do what you and I have done over the last 20 years? I think it's shockingly small. I was born on third base with a big lead towards home. I don't think "equal outcome" rage moves the needle like you think it does because real opportunity in this country is so far gone. we've objected to "equality of opportunity" in practice for a long time now.

anyway, your takes are appreciated as you clearly aren't glued to a party. must be a trait of Big Ballers from the Lou.
I don’t think it is. Look at kavanaugh and steward. Got in at the right time pushing computers on their own. Sure as shit not mit nerds. Kavanaugh played soccer at Slu. Steward is now the second wealthiest black man in the world from worldwide.

My buddy put in a pool this summer. He has a 4 million dollar house off wild horse creek rd. Never did anything but landscaping and started a lawn service co. I don’t believe that mobility opportunity is dead. Like Dana white says if you have that savage in you you can run over 99 percent of this next gen. Maybe people don’t want to hustle.

Always good kicking it around manichi

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT