ADVERTISEMENT

The election has changed.

Bob Knight wasn’t capable of changing either. Trump needs to forego all the personal putdowns in favor of time spent in explanation of how he will make lives better these next four years.

I wasn’t aware Harris didn’t like Jews. Are she and her husband not getting along?

“Sleeping her way to the top” is a common modality of advancement warranting no more than an eye roll and wry smile in the progressive way of thinking. They do whatever it takes to get their way, even if it includes deceit to avoid defeat.
She may not be anti-Jewish, but she sure as hell is pro-Hamas

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Co-sign he was my first choice
He was already being demonized to be worse than Trump by the Democrats and their sycophant media.

They liked Haley because she trashed Trump. That was never going to help her win. Just a dumb campaign.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
The reality is the left and right don't have similar cultures or views for the country. Were not alike at all. I look at liberals as weirdos and based on everything you post, you have a similar view of us. I'm fine with that, by the way, I just want a much smaller federal government so our differences matter less. The more the Federal government grows the more intense the fighting will be and less stability for the country.
You would think, if Democrat polices, like abortion on demand, were so popular, they'd welcome more power being given to the states to decide.

It's obvious the closer the vote gets to the people, the less popular those policies are, except for failing states like New York, Illinois (Chicago), and California.

Reactions: snarlcakes
I only have faith in this progressive iteration of Dems to make the problems they created worse. Equity of outcome isn’t a new idea. It does not work

Having been a sales manager the goal of achieving absolute equity in outcomes (earnings) of a sales force is difficult to achieve.

Difficult because 20% of the salesmen bring in about 50% of the new sales. The story doesnt, however, end there. New sales are important but servicing existing clients is also necessary.

The dilemma is complicated by some territories having more new sales potential than others, and some having more competition.

The answer to equitable earnings isn't simply to pay everyone the same as no one contributes to the ultimate profits equally.

The ultimate goal is to pay the entire sales force enough to give the manager (me) a bonus. The bonus being determined by revenue minus expenses with salesman earnings being a large expense which cannot exceed a forecasted percentage of revenues.

Bottom line, pay salesman as little as possible while keeping them happy and loyal to the company
She may not be anti-Jewish, but she sure as hell is pro-Hamas

Is being pro Palestinian to the extent you would like a cease fire the same as being pro Hamas?

Would suspect there are many Israelites who want an end to both violence and Hamas. A position undoubtedly shared by some Palestinians.

You would think, if Democrat polices, like abortion on demand, were so popular, they'd welcome more power being given to the states to decide.

It's obvious the closer the vote gets to the people, the less popular those policies are, except for failing states like New York, Illinois (Chicago), and California.
Kansas and Ohio - among other states - would like a word. Since Roe was overturned, whenever a woman's right to choose has been on a state ballot, it's won. Mostly overwhelmingly.

I will be absolutely shocked if turnout in 2024 is as high as it was in 2020. For both sides.

2020 Covid parameters made voting much easier than usual. We won't have that benefit this time.

It would not surprise me in the least if the winner barely breaks 70 mil.
Trump is going up to 90 mil. Real American's don't need welfare rides to vote. They view it as their patriotic duty.

Having been a sales manager the goal of achieving absolute equity in outcomes (earnings) of a sales force is difficult to achieve.

Difficult because 20% of the salesmen bring in about 50% of the new sales. The story doesnt, however, end there. New sales are important but servicing existing clients is also necessary.

The dilemma is complicated by some territories having more new sales potential than others, and some having more competition.

The answer to equitable earnings isn't simply to pay everyone the same as no one contributes to the ultimate profits equally.

The ultimate goal is to pay the entire sales force enough to give the manager (me) a bonus. The bonus being determined by revenue minus expenses with salesman earnings being a large expense which cannot exceed a forecasted percentage of revenues.

Bottom line, pay salesman as little as possible while keeping them happy and loyal to the company

Is being pro Palestinian to the extent you would like a cease fire the same as being pro Hamas?

Would suspect there are many Israelites who want an end to both violence and Hamas. A position undoubtedly shared by some Palestinians.
I bet you were a hell of a good sales manager. And yes you have to keep existing customers happy. We’ve modified the old you can have it fast; you can have it cheap; you can have it good. Pick two to pick one

The discussion Murt and I were having was whether Trump voters would vote for Haley if she was the one who came out of the primary. He implied that some posters (you were mentioned) would possibly stay home or vote for Kennedy instead. I disagreed with that. The tag was to invite you (and the others mentioned) to vote in the poll I set up in a different thread and to discuss, if you were so inclined.
I think Republicans missed the mark and would have had a near guaranteed victory if they picked Haley. Please feel free to add more to either this thread of mine if you wish.
The Dems love candidates like Haley because they know she won't get in the gutter with them like Trump will. Same for most Republicans.

They want Republican candidates like her to run against. They demonized Desantis for the same reason they do Trump - he's a real threat to them.

Don't be swayed by the media narrative. I would have voted for Haley, but Republican enthusiasm for her would have been low comopared to Trump. I do think she would have been a good VP candidate, but VP candidates don't influence many votes.

Kansas and Ohio - among other states - would like a word. Since Roe was overturned, whenever a woman's right to choose has been on a state ballot, it's won. Mostly overwhelmingly.
So, you should be happy about that, right?

I don't get why you all hate more power to the states - I really don't. It's what the Founding Fathers envisioned.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Not me. I'd have voted for her in a New York minute.

All the Republicans running in the Primaries were excellent, imo. It's too bad Haley burned her bridges with Trump by insulting him during the Primaries and using the Democrat talking points against him.

She pretty much destroyed any political future with that stupid move. Whoever was advising her should be strung up.
I think time will tell.

JD Vance called Trump America's Hitler, among other horrible things.

She kissed the ring at the RNC convention. I bet she gets a cabinet spot.

So, you should be happy about that, right?

I don't get why you all hate more power to the states - I really don't. It's what the Founding Fathers envisioned.
First of all - I don't know that 'happy' is the right word. I do support the legal option to have an abortion, but personally I'm against the idea of it, with some pretty glaring exceptions.

I think time will tell.

JD Vance called Trump America's Hitler, among other horrible things.

She kissed the ring at the RNC convention. I bet she gets a cabinet spot.
He needs to get rfk Jr a cabinet spot or the votes he peels off might be the difference

Not me. Data. Here. We don’t live in Finland or anywhere else. We know the free cheese Biden put out. Biden. And we can track the timing of the spike that followed that is supported by the findings of the fed.

@IU_Hickory aka Grover is laughing at The Economist.

Reactions: DANC
The Dems love candidates like Haley because they know she won't get in the gutter with them like Trump will. Same for most Republicans.

They want Republican candidates like her to run against. They demonized Desantis for the same reason they do Trump - he's a real threat to them.

Don't be swayed by the media narrative. I would have voted for Haley, but Republican enthusiasm for her would have been low comopared to Trump. I do think she would have been a good VP candidate, but VP candidates don't influence many votes.
MAGAs are terrified of the media. It’s kind of girly.

Reactions: outside shooter
The answer is McCain and Romney both lost the popular vote same as Trump did twice, and by similar margins.

He’s the king of moving the goalposts too.
Except Trump has put the blue wall back in play. He campaigned smarter and harder than both of them. Would you give him credit for that at least?

Reactions: DANC
Except Trump has put the blue wall back in play. He campaigned smarter and harder than both of them. Would you give him credit for that at least?
Smarter and harder? No. He tapped into a large minority of this country who was willing to ignore or excuse things he said and did which would have destroyed the candidacy of any other Presidential candidate in our lifetimes.

Smarter and harder? No. He tapped into a large minority of this country who was willing to ignore or excuse things he said and did which would have destroyed the candidacy of any other Presidential candidate in our lifetimes.
This is shit political analysis. He brought in a new segment of voter that the GOP had not won before. He must have done something different to win them over.

Even if you may find the idea that they excused some of his personal failings “deplorable”.

• Love
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
I will be absolutely shocked if turnout in 2024 is as high as it was in 2020. For both sides.

2020 Covid parameters made voting much easier than usual. We won't have that benefit this time.

It would not surprise me in the least if the winner barely breaks 70 mil.
I'm working as fast as I can filling out all of these votes...had to start over when Biden dropped out.... lol

This is shit political analysis. He brought in a new segment of voter that the GOP had not won before. He must have done something different to win them over.

Even if you may find the idea that they excused some of his personal failings “deplorable”.
Just about everything he did was different. There’s never been another candidate like him. The “grab them by the pussy” comment alone would have ended the candidacy of anyone else. He got more media coverage, free, and it didn’t seem to matter if it was positive or negative. Teams will be written about the Trump political phenomenon.

Last edited:
Reactions: BadWakeboarder
First of all - I don't know that 'happy' is the right word. I do support the legal option to have an abortion, but personally I'm against the idea of it, with some pretty glaring exceptions.
WTF?? That is exactly what MAGA is saying. Now the only argument is to where to draw the line. MAGA is saying ~16 weeks. Do you have a better line?
Initially I am furious that we are actually for the same thing, but equally happy that we really are not saying anything much different. Just gotta agree on the line part.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT