ADVERTISEMENT

The Douchebag fantasy golf thread.

Alright bitches, I got D. Berger, Fowler, Haas, D. Lee, Lowry and Stenson.

Come take my money.

Lotta love for K. Na. 5/7 drafted him. For my sake I hope he sucks. Why so much love for him this week?

I picked Na because he finished 9th there last year and he has a decent season so far (excluding his last two tournaments.) Thought he was a good value pick for the price.
Yeah, this is what I liked, too. At $7,100 I thought he was a bargain.

This week closest one yet...having no cut is making a big impact on keeping the points bunched up.

Well, I'm quickly learning that it's not over until it's over. I thought I was cooked going into today, but somehow eked out a W. I was out all afternoon - what the hell happened to Dustin Johnson? And I though McIlroy was running away with it, but I guess Adam Scott can putt without the long putter....

Well, I'm quickly learning that it's not over until it's over. I thought I was cooked going into today, but somehow eked out a W. I was out all afternoon - what the hell happened to Dustin Johnson? And I though McIlroy was running away with it, but I guess Adam Scott can putt without the long putter....

I had DJ...he and Danny Lee both sucked something awful. Killed my chances.

Nobody took Scott, I believe. He's on fire.

Reactions: Hoops Cat
I came from the abyss to steal 2nd. DJ screwing up the last few holes got me in the money.

I'm surprised on one took Scott or McIlroy. I had recency bias against both of them; Rory burned me last week, and I guess my gut was saying to not back Scott because he won last week. That's the hard part of trying to pick golf - the past week's results are necessarily predictive of the following week.

I'm surprised on one took Scott or McIlroy. I had recency bias against both of them; Rory burned me last week, and I guess my gut was saying to not back Scott because he won last week. That's the hard part of trying to pick golf - the past week's results are necessarily predictive of the following week.

I did the same thing with Scott.

Boys, I think I'm going to take a mandatory break to research how to play better. I will def be back by Masters week. If one of you would like to take the reigns and take charge I give you my blessing. Good luck.

Boys, I think I'm going to take a mandatory break to research how to play better. I will def be back by Masters week. If one of you would like to take the reigns and take charge I give you my blessing. Good luck.
I'll play - who else is in?

I'm curious where you guys reside. I'm in Indy and would happily spend part of a Sunday watching golf and drinking beers with you guys. Would be fun with a tournament for rooting interests.

I'm curious where you guys reside. I'm in Indy and would happily spend part of a Sunday watching golf and drinking beers with you guys. Would be fun with a tournament for rooting interests.
Far South Texas so I don't think I can make it Sunday.

Interesting picks this week. Only bshields paid up for Spieth; I figured that he would get heavy play, so I went for lower usage picks. Now, if he runs away with this, that could pay dividends for bshields.

(Edit: except Spieth is +5 through 15 today. Didn't expect that start from him.)

Lot's of diversity, too. No Kevin Na love this week from the rest of you - maybe he'll finally have a good tourney for me.

I didn't initially take Speith but at the end I rearranged some players and almost had enough so, against my better judgment, decide to take a shot with him. Looks like I should have stuck with my first impression.

I didn't initially take Speith but at the end I rearranged some players and almost had enough so, against my better judgment, decide to take a shot with him. Looks like I should have stuck with my first impression.

I was just going to ask who took him. Ouch.

Interesting picks this week. Only bshields paid up for Spieth; I figured that he would get heavy play, so I went for lower usage picks. Now, if he runs away with this, that could pay dividends for bshields.

(Edit: except Spieth is +5 through 15 today. Didn't expect that start from him.)

Lot's of diversity, too. No Kevin Na love this week from the rest of you - maybe he'll finally have a good tourney for me.

I kept Willet and English from last week, they are playing well. Kind of an interesting leaderboard. This course allows a lot of different styles to compete. Doral, you had to be a big hitter.

Anyone interested for this week? Arnold Palmer Invitational.....

But there is this other sporting event going on....

Alright golf guys. Salaries have been released for the Masters. So technically we could put together a tournament now. Do we stay small (7) or try and recruit a larger group since it's a major. We could do this now to give us time to fill. If it doesn't fill we'll have to create a second tourney and fill the smaller one. Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT