ADVERTISEMENT

The Douchebag fantasy golf thread.

What we really need to create a big tourney is get it pinned. Anyone tight with a mod?

64625.gif

Alright golf guys. Salaries have been released for the Masters. So technically we could put together a tournament now. Do we stay small (7) or try and recruit a larger group since it's a major. We could do this now to give us time to fill. If it doesn't fill we'll have to create a second tourney and fill the smaller one. Thoughts?

A bigger group would be good, if there is interest. I'd recommend to change the payouts if the group is significantly larger.

Only thing would be if you 12 guys express interest, and then at the last minute someone doesn't actually play, and then the contest goes poof! That would be a pissah...

Yes, I think that's why Eppy said to set it up early, and if were 2 days out and it hasn't filled, kill it and set it up for the normal group.

Considering not one other person has posted here with any interest, it'll likely just be the 7 of us.

Only thing would be if you 12 guys express interest, and then at the last minute someone doesn't actually play, and then the contest goes poof! That would be a pissah...
Agreed. That's why I'd like to pin this so I don't have to annoy people with a sales pitch.

I just got the ok to have the tourney pinned. Does this change how many people we should try to get? 10, 12, 15....

I can set this up today to give us plenty of time. We can do top 3 or even make it a top 50/50 just to get people hooked.

I just got the ok to have the tourney pinned. Does this change how many people we should try to get? 10, 12, 15....

I can set this up today to give us plenty of time. We can do top 3 or even make it a top 50/50 just to get people hooked.
Let's see how many want to play for the next week or two, then set the number of entrants?

Let's see how many want to play for the next week or two, then set the number of entrants?
Well, I'm like a kid and couldn't wait to set it up. It's pinned at the top. 15 entries with top 3 winning. We'll see what happens.

What the hell is up with your player Bud Cauley? Did he WD?

It's screwing up the PHR numbers too, as it's like he's never teed off in Round 1.

Gathering names for this weeks tourney. I should we sending out invites later today when salaries are released . If anyone new wants in please let me know today as I need the specific number of people who want in.

Reactions: cryano
Gathering names for this weeks tourney. I should we sending out invites later today when salaries are released . If anyone new wants in please let me know today as I need the specific number of people who want in.
I'd like to do it again

Reactions: Eppy99
Beetches we live again. Should have an invite waiting for you. Contact me if you don't have it or can't play. If you can't play we'll have to replace your sorry ass or do this over minus one.

Beetches we live again. Should have an invite waiting for you. Contact me if you don't have it or can't play. If you can't play we'll have to replace your sorry ass or do this over minus one.
Already made my picks. No Spieth, no problem.

in Draftkings for this weeks tourney in Phoenix. First round starts Thursday. We'll see if it's fun or not.

PGA Thu 9:30 AM EST - $5 entry - 1/6 spots filled *** https://deeplink.me/draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/20500320

My picks are already in.

Eppy,

Just so you know, for future reference, anytime you organize a Golf Tournament Challenge Pool....I'm in. Makes no difference whether the buy-in is $5, $10, $20, $50, $100.....I'm in.

I like sports. All of 'em. That includes Golf. I also like to gamble on sports. In paricular, I like to gamble on Golf...really along with everything else. Er, I mean I like to participate in fantasy sports, "a game of skill", as defined by Draft Kings.

Since I tend to get busy from time to time, and thus, not always able to frequent the board, here's my personal email if you ever want/need to contact me directly. scottsang11@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: whobop and Eppy99
So, 14 out of 15 have entered - who's not signed up yet? I'd hate to have this week's contest not fill up because of one player.

So, 14 out of 15 have entered - who's not signed up yet? I'd hate to have this week's contest not fill up because of one player.

I could always get one of my employees to fill that last spot if need be. I have several IU grads that work for me. Sure, they're young guys who only recently graduated from IU over the last few years (between 2011 and 2015), which would make them of the "Safe-Space" pussified era of college kids, but they're good chaps. Real enthustiastic fellas. Profitibale employees too.

Let me know if you want/need me to pull in an IU ringer, or even otherwise, for this last spot

Last edited:
I could always get one of my employees to fill that last spot if need be. I have several IU grads that work for me. Sure, they're young guys who only recently graduated from IU over the last few years (between 2011 and 2015), which would make them of the "Safe-Space" pussified era of college kids, but they're good chaps. Real enthustiastic fellas. Profitibale employees too.

Let me know if you want/need me to pull in a ringer to fill in an IU ringer, or even otherwise, for this last spot
Are you running a gigolo service?

Are you running a gigolo service?

Naw. Nothing exciting like that. Just a 3rd-party logistics firm. Although the IU guys that work for me do pull some very impressive tail. Which, as everyone knows, crushing young hot bacon-hole is pretty much par for the course for an Indiana University man. Pretty standard. I wouldn't expect anything less from them.

Reactions: C-$
Waiting on Krafty97grad. I have another person on here who showed interest. I will email him tonight.

Just called up our AAA affiliate player, Spyder609. We'll see who signs up first.

Alright we're full now. Shout out to Spyder609 for taking the last spot. Krafty you can get in next week or we'll add a spot. Had to protect the game.

What do you guys predict the Day ownership will be this week? I'll say 60%.

What do you guys predict the Day ownership will be this week? I'll say 60%.

I didn't take him. I don't think that's a great course for him, but could be wrong. Shortest course on tour, and tightest. Smallest greens. IMO, takes away his advantage that he has on bigger courses.

Reactions: C-$

He's a phenom player, so it wouldn't shock me if he was still at top of the board. Barring back injuries I think he has best long term potential of the big 3. Rory is too streaky. And Jordan has has this nervous twitch that concerns me. He won't putt like a fearless 22 year old forever. His ball striking is not elite.

But Day is not worth the $ cost this week.

He's a phenom player, so it wouldn't shock me if he was still at top of the board. Barring back injuries I think he has best long term potential of the big 3. Rory is too streaky. And Jordan has has this nervous twitch that concerns me. He won't putt like a fearless 22 year old forever. His ball striking is not elite.

But Day is not worth the $ cost this week.

Nah, it's Spieth. His swing doesn't put any stress on his body compared to Day & Rory.

Day is always dealing with some kind of injury or illness.

Rory's body will end up breaking down ala Tiger.

Nah, it's Spieth. His swing doesn't put any stress on his body compared to Day & Rory.

Day is always dealing with some kind of injury or illness.

Rory's body will end up breaking down ala Tiger.

Gonna be fun to see it play out over next ten to twenty years. They are all great players. I just worry with a player that is so dependent upon putting as Jordan. I've seen that magic disappear as players get older. Hope not, I really like him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT