ADVERTISEMENT

The Douchebag fantasy golf thread.

@Eppy99 Thanks. Yeah, sitting in 27th place out of 118,906 entries in the $5 dollar, 100K to 1st contest. I won't even be to greedy with my ambitions/hopes/dreams/passions for that entry this week. All I'm looking to have happen is have that entry jump up a measly 26 spots between now and the completion of the tournament on Sunday. That's it. A move up of just 26 places, that's all I'm asking for. Out of 118,906 entries, a 26 place jump, that's not asking for too much is it? Sheesh.

What's funny about that is that I didn't have the time to put in any prep/study ahead of time for the Memorial this week. So all I did DK-wise was toss in a blind dart here and there. That's my one and only entry into that contest. No thought to it. I simply just entered a single entry into a handful of contests at like 2 am, just a few hours before the Memorial kicked off.

Amazingly, in addition to the great shape of the contest you were referring to, I also sit in 1st and 2nd place entering the weekend in two separate satellite contests right now: One being in 1st out of 72 ($16 cost to enter), where there's a single $980 Fantasy Golf Championship Qualifier ticket awarded to the winner of the satellite, where 2nd place on down receives jack-shit. And the other sits in 2nd out of 178 in a satellite contest ($33 cost to enter) that also only awards the first place finisher. The winner of that one receives an entry into the esteemed PGA Thunderdome contest (would cost $5,300 to enter straight-up) two weeks from now for the U.S. Open.

Clearly, I should do that more often. Less study/prep, and more throw caution to the wind. Less monopolizing of my time in exchange for exponentially greater results. Otherwise known as - Spend far less time on something and win lots of monies, as opposed to spending countless hours on something in exchange for losing moderate sums of monies. Sounds good to me. I can get down with that. I'm in.

On another note, entering the weekend, I see you too; or at least saw you that is. Noticed you in the Pressure Putt contest with a few before the Memorial kicked off. Not that I entered that one myself or anything, as I tend to like to land a big bankroll enhancement before giving it all away by entering a high stakes contest, such as the Pressure Putt contest is; but I still like to mess around and check out who's in there beforehand from time to time.

Anyhow, seeing that you're still running around with and socializing in DraftKings PGA circles....So, ummm, yeah; how's that DK retirement thing working out for ya?
Yea, I pulled a MJ/Brett Farve. Took a few weeks off and wanted to play again. Focusing on the higher stakes as there’s fewer entries to contend with. Also trying to win a spot in the golf championship.

Reactions: Timmy!
Yea, I pulled a MJ/Brett Farve. Took a few weeks off and wanted to play again. Focusing on the higher stakes as there’s fewer entries to contend with. Also trying to win a spot in the golf championship.

I am sick to my stomach, because there’s another lineup of mine that WOULD HAVE emerged all the way up to a current first place/100K position in the 118,906 entry contest, as well as a shoe-in to win that 177 person Thunderdome satellite qualifier contest that you and I are both in faint contention for, had I simply not nonchalantly switched off of Patrick Cantlay at $7400 (who now sits alone in solo 1st place at the Memorial, after nailing his third friggin Eagle in three days some 20 minutes ago), only to replace him with Xander Schauffele at that same $7400 price, who ultimately wound up missing the cut altogether.

The play-by-play of my inner monologue on that nonchalant/whatever decision process went like this. And yes, this is verbatim as to how it all went down in my head.

Aaaaand let’s round out this lineup of Joaquin Niemann, Bryson DeChambeau, Tiger Woods, Rory Mcllroy, and Luke List, with a little Patrick Cantlay for $7,400. There, perfect. Wait, no, let’s make it Schauffele at that same price. Actually, wait, just stick with Cantlay. You like him a little more, as evidenced by the several other lineups you've already tossed him into. Stay disciplined....Although, then again, you don’t wanna go too heavy on him. What if it’s the missed cut version of Cantlay we get this week?...and you do kinda like Schauffele too; and I mean he and Cantlay are more or less the same f**kin guy really...AND I don’t believe you’ve used Schaufele in any of the lineups you’ve built yet. But, yeah, you’re probably right, just stick with Cantlay. He’s better. Ok, Cantlay. Boom. Done....Wait..actually...eh, f**ck, it. Schauffele it is.”

That all played out in like 8 1/2 seconds by the way.

I think my best lineup as of this morning in the $5 is Bryson, cantalay, Norman, Dustin Johnson, Kirk, Reed. Kirk will probably shit the bed so I’m not expecting much. Sitting in like 101st.

I think my best lineup as of this morning in the $5 is Bryson, cantalay, Norman, Dustin Johnson, Kirk, Reed. Kirk will probably shit the bed so I’m not expecting much. Sitting in like 101st.

That's a damn-fine lineup you made for yourself @Eppy99 ; one that any man, woman or child should be proud to have built and submitted.

Here's My best. Listed by leaderboard position heading into today's final round. Haven't checked-in yet today to see any updated scoring since round 4 began this morning.

Bryson DeChambeau (1)
Joaquin Niemann (T-2)
Patrick Cantlay (T-2)
Beyong Hun-An (5)
Tiger Woods (T-7)
Justin Thomas (T-23)

541 points after round 3.

Yes, this was/is the highest scoring lineup I know of as far as any contests that I'm an active participant in are concerned. And that includes the 118,906 entrant, $5 dollar contest that awards $100,000 to first place (top entry was sitting with 530 pts after rd 3). Too bad this isn't the particular lineup that I happened to enter into that particular contest (of course not !!)

Instead, this absolute gem, perhaps the best on the entire DK platform this week, was wasted in 10 entry field ($20 per) winner take all contest. Last I checked, which was yesterday upon completion of rd 3, I was 120.5 points clear of the second place entry. Safe to say, I will indeed be the winner of this contest, and therefore, the individual who will be "taking all" in this one. A $180 prize. Which is nice and all I suppose. Just not quite as robust as, oh, I dunno.....$100,000

Faaaaaaaahk!

That's a damn-fine lineup you made for yourself @Eppy99 ; one that any man, woman or child should be proud to have built and submitted.

Here's My best. Listed by leaderboard position heading into today's final round. Haven't checked-in yet today to see any updated scoring since round 4 began this morning.

Bryson DeChambeau (1)
Joaquin Niemann (T-2)
Patrick Cantlay (T-2)
Beyong Hun-An (5)
Tiger Woods (T-7)
Justin Thomas (T-23)

Yes, this was/is the highest scoring lineup I know of as far as any contests that I'm an active participant in are concerned. And that includes the 118,906 entrant, $5 dollar contest that awards $100,000 to first place (top entry was sitting with 530 pts after rd 3). Too bad this isn't the particular lineup that I happened to enter into that particular contest (of course not !!)

Instead, this absolute gem, perhaps the best on the entire DK platform this week, was wasted in 10 entry field ($20 per) winner take all contest. Last I checked, which was yesterday upon completion of rd 3, I was 120.5 points clear of the second place entry. Safe to say, I will indeed be the winner of this contest, and therefore, the individual who will be "taking all" in this one. A $180 prize. Which is nice and all I suppose. Just not quite as robust as, oh, I dunno.....$100,000

Faaaaaaaahk!
Looks like your best lineup took 51st. That’s pretty damn good. My best took 89th. Overall a losing week for me though. Not enough Bryson.

Bryson DeChambeau (1)
Joaquin Niemann (T-2)
Patrick Cantlay (T-2)
Beyong Hun-An (5)
Tiger Woods (T-7)
Justin Thomas (T-23)

Faaaaaaaahk!

Looks like your best lineup took 51st. That’s pretty damn good. My best took 89th. Overall a losing week for me though. Not enough Bryson.

Well, it's official. Had I played the lineup I used in the 10 person winner take all $20 contest in the DK featured 118,906 entry $5 contest, I would have just won $100,000.

Instead, the lineup I did actually play in that DK featured 118,906 entry $5 contest wound up finishing in solo 51st place for a payout of a measly hundred and fifty f**kin' bucks ($150).

And the only difference in the two lineups was just one singular player, as the other 5 players in there were the same for both. Patrick Cantlay in one; Luke List in the other.

Flip the contests into which I wound up playing these two lineups in and I win both for a net total of $100,180. But because of the way I had it, with List in the 100K contest lineup and Cantlay in the $180 winner take all contest, I won one and came in 51st in the other, for a grand total of three hundred and thirty dollars ($330).

Give me a moment to compose myself. But first, let me state for the record...

F my life......F**K my Life!......#Faaaaahk-My-Life!!!!!

In that stupid 10 person $20 winner take all contest that netted me $180 (yaaaay!), I had Cantlay in the lineup at $7,400, who finished solo 4th, scoring 113 total points. That lineup scored 645 total points, which won this 10 person contest by a whopping 138 points. That same lineup would have also won the 100K contest. It would've won by a margin by 1.5 pts over the actual winning lineup, which scored 643.5

In the DK featured 118,906 entry $5 contest, I had Luke List in there at that same $7,400 price-point, who wound up finishing T-37, scoring 79 total points. That lineup, as I mentioned above, finished in 51st place in this here 100K contest. It scored 611 points in total. That same lineup would have also won that dumb-ass 10 person winner take all contest as well (not that I'd give a shit about winning that $180 if I had just won A HUNDRED FLIPPIN THOUSAND DOLLARS). The 611 point lineup would've still had me finish 104 points ahead of the next best lineup, which scored 507 total points.

Here's what the lineups looked like. First the infamous Luke List lineup.

Bryson DeChambeau (1) -- 119 pts
Beyong Hun-An (2) -- 118 pts
Joaquin Niemann (T-6) -- 104 pts
Justin Thomas (T-8) -- 99 pts
Tiger Woods (T-23) -- 92 pts
Luke List (T-37) -- 79 pts

611 total points

And now for the one that got away. Or not so much got away, but the one I played in the WRONG F**CKING CONTEST!

Bryson DeChambeau (1) -- 119 pts
Beyong Hun-An (2) -- 118 pts
Patrick Cantlay (4) -- 113 pts
Joaquin Niemann (T-6) -- 104 pts
Justin Thomas (T-8) -- 99 pts
Tiger Woods (T-23) -- 92 pts

645 total points

So, in summation, my concluding thoughts and feelings on all of this are....

F*************************CK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: cryano
Yea, that hurts. Why didn’t you play multiple lineups for the 100k instead of the winner takes all for $180?

Yea, that hurts. Why didn’t you play multiple lineups for the 100k instead of the winner takes all for $180?

Normally I would have; but as I was saying earlier, since I didn't have the time to do my usual prep work this week, I just casually tossed in a handful of lineups into a handful of contests, and I did so at like 2 am, just a few hours before the tournament got underway. I didn't have more than one lineup in any one contest. There was no rhyme or reason to it really; just random lineup construction executed at 2 in the morning.

There were also a few contests I had reserved spots for earlier in the week, such as the satellite contest you and I were in, but had forgotten to build lineups for until it suddenly dawned on me as I got into bed "Oh shit, DraftKings. Memorial starts in a few hours. Goddamnit, I still gotta toss in my lineups". In fact, the only lineup I had submitted up to that point was my shitty AOTF lineup, which I believe I had tossed-in like the day before. I almost always construct my AOTF on the spot.

Last edited:

Normally I would have; but as I was saying earlier, since I didn't have the time to do my usual prep work this week, I just casually tossed in a handful of lineups into a handful of contests, and I did so at like 2 am, just a few hours before the tournament got underway. I didn't have more than one lineup in any one contest. There was no rhyme or reason to it really; just random lineup construction executed at 2 in the morning.

There were also a few contests I had reserved spots for earlier in the week, such as the satellite contest you and I were in, but had forgotten to build lineups for until it suddenly dawned on me as I got into bed "Oh shit, DraftKings. Memorial starts in a few hours. Goddamnit, I still gotta toss in my lineups". In fact, the only lineup I had submitted up to that point was my shitty AOTF lineup, which I believe I had tossed-in like the day before. I almost always construct my AOTF on the spot.

....but mostly, it's because I'm a f**king idiot, that's why.

In fact, amazingly, my immediate reaction to the realization of having submitted the 100K winning lineup into the wrong f**king contest was caught on camera yesterday, as evidenced just below....

Me, yesterday

Last edited:
A very strange week led to my first win although i did have a more profitable second place in the Masters this year. Has anyone ever won with 2 players missing the cut like I did this week? It looks like only 2 of us picked DJ and we finished first and second. A last minute move of the cut on Friday from 1 over to even knocked out 15 players including Berger, Finau and An. ssang got second with only 3 active players.

This week seemed like the most players missing the cut that were drafted by someone. Lots of teams had two or more miss the cut. I only had 2 players MAKE the cut, DJ and CT Pan and I was hanging in the money for a long time, but ended up 7th. If Pan plays decent today, I end up cashing with two players, and it looked like others were in a similar position as well. So yes, it was a crazy week.

Yea, it was a crap week for me. On to the US Open.

Btw, only 10 spots left so get in now.

All right we’re full! Really looking forward to the US Open. You guys picking DJ or the field?

Yep, it's all about leaderboard points. Loving this tournament though even without the low scoring.

It's no wonder why you're loving this tournament right now. I see you @Eppy99 . In the Millionaire Maker contest that is. Pretty decent position you find yourself sitting in heading into the weekend, eh? Go get that money!

A very strange week led to my first win although i did have a more profitable second place in the Masters this year. Has anyone ever won with 2 players missing the cut like I did this week? It looks like only 2 of us picked DJ and we finished first and second. A last minute move of the cut on Friday from 1 over to even knocked out 15 players including Berger, Finau and An. ssang got second with only 3 active players.

Yeah, that'd be me, ssang. 2nd place last week. Tournaments like last week happen from time to time. It's usually when it's a really weak field overall when that stuff happens; and by my estimation, St. Jude was exactly just that. Although, I don't recall ever seeing a lineup where only 3 golfers made the cut finishing in the money. Lowest amount of guys making the cut for a cash position finisher that I can remember prior had been 4.

@Timmy! you playing the Milly maker
It's no wonder why you're loving this tournament right now. I see you @Eppy99 . In the Millionaire Maker contest that is. Pretty decent position you find yourself sitting in heading into the weekend, eh? Go get that money!
i feel like I’ve been down this road before. The problem I have with this lineup is it has players that could easily fade. So I’m not gonna sweat too much but I’m in position to do very well if Hoffman, Leishman, Grace and DJ do well. I have 150 lineups in the Milly and own 71% Grace, 65% Leishman, 54% Hoffman, 52% DJ, 35% Rose, 20% Koepka. So if any of my lower owned plays hit and my core continues to do well, I should have lots of lineups positioned to do well.

I went with a different strategy in the 20 Max $3/$4 contests. I went 100% in on DJ, Leishman, Grace and Hoffman and then sprinkled in players around them. Usually I don’t own players so aggressively but I really felt DJ had by far the most win equity. We’ll see how it all turns out.

@Timmy! you playing the Milly maker

i feel like I’ve been down this road before. The problem I have with this lineup is it has players that could easily fade. So I’m not gonna sweat too much but I’m in position to do very well if Hoffman, Leishman, Grace and DJ do well. I have 150 lineups in the Milly and own 71% Grace, 65% Leishman, 54% Hoffman, 52% DJ, 35% Rose, 20% Koepka. So if any of my lower owned plays hit and my core continues to do well, I should have lots of lineups positioned to do well.

I went with a different strategy in the 20 Max $3/$4 contests. I went 100% in on DJ, Leishman, Grace and Hoffman and then sprinkled in players around them. Usually I don’t own players so aggressively but I really felt DJ had by far the most win equity. We’ll see how it all turns out.

I like the tactic. I think it’s good to go with different strategies, mixing things up with different lineup approaches week to week. Sprinkle in some 100% lineup ownership plays here and there every so often, as well as general highly concentrated ownership levels (like 40% +) on a select core group of individuals. I mean, why not? If you get it wrong, there’s always next week...but if you ever get it right, you could make a small fortune.

Man what a shit day it was. I could end up being ok, but I’m no longer in the big money. Tomorrow will be very interesting.

Peeps, I’m out in Colorado this week with the family. I’m planning to skip golf this week. Feel free to set up a contest if you’d like.

If prices for the Open are released while I’m gone I’ll be sure to set up our 3rd major. Have a great 4th.

All right beetches, The Open salaries have been released. Contest is up. 35 spots, go.

Ok added the $10 and I withdrew from the $5. Do the same if you don’t mind. Gracias

Reactions: IU40IU
IU Alum Steve Wheatcroft shoots a nice -9 62 in round one of the John Deere. That puts him in first currently half way through the day.

7 spots left for the Open and just a reminder to have your lineups set up in time for lineup lock which is at 1:35AM EST Thursday.

Any of you blokes throwing dollars into the Milly Maker?

All right Douchebags, the last major of the season is here. Contest is up. We currently have 17/40 spots filled. I didn't **** up this time, it's $10. Let's get this baby filled up so Eppy doesn't have to chase people down. Yes I'm looking at you @Hoops Cat @twenty02 @Foosier (Foosiers name didn't populate, is he still on here?)

Day playing the last 3 holes 3 over (with a double) and 6 over the last 6 along with Fleetwood’s double on 18 cost me some cash yesterday. WTF was up with that?

Day playing the last 3 holes 3 over (with a double) and 6 over the last 6 along with Fleetwood’s double on 18 cost me some cash yesterday. WTF was up with that?
Apparently your picks sucked :). Shoulda taken Thomas, at least he’s a closer.

Hey Eppy. Have a buddy who wants to join our DKs. Can you add him?

His username is B10barge

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT