ADVERTISEMENT

The Douchebag fantasy golf thread.

I have a feeling salaries for the Masters will be released soon. Anyone have any thoughts on this year’s contest? I believe we’ve been doing $10 for all majors. This is usually the most popular contest of the year. Think we did 40 players last year. Anyone remember?

Heck with Tiger back I think viewership will be huge. This is the most competitive I’ve ever seen the PGA. Such amazing talent.

Heck with Tiger back I think viewership will be huge. This is the most competitive I’ve ever seen the PGA. Such amazing talent.
It was 30 at $10 per. I looked it up - didn't know you could do so, but you can download an excel spreadsheet with your contest history from the contest history tab.

It was 30 at $10 per. I looked it up - didn't know you could do so, but you can download an excel spreadsheet with your contest history from the contest history tab.
That would just bring back some bad memories.

so we're currently getting 25 people. I think we should do 35-40. There's a lot of players on this site who always want to play the Masters. There's also a lot of newbies in our league and I have no idea who invited them and how they joined. So the league has grown.

Reactions: Timmy!
I'm headed to the Valspar tomorrow. The field is insane. Tiger, Rory, Speith, Garcia, Stenson. The crowds will be massive I am sure. I will be there all 4 days. The 16th hole is a beast.

Reactions: Timmy! and Eppy99
so we're currently getting 25 people. I think we should do 35-40. There's a lot of players on this site who always want to play the Masters. There's also a lot of newbies in our league and I have no idea who invited them and how they joined. So the league has grown.

Here's my two cents on the matter...

With all-time great, Phil Mickelson, whom is, at least for the moment, playing just as brilliantly at 47 years old right now as he ever has, coinciding with the long-awaited and apparently fully healthy return of the game's most famous and arguably greatest ever player, Tiger Woods, whom, himself, seems to have rapidly assented most aspects of his game back to the elite levels they had previously been accustomed to -- club head speed, drive distance, ball-striking, scrambling, play around the greens, putting (mostly elite. I mean, he's right there with the putter), all already elite, elite, elite, elite, elite aaaand, well, at least mostly elite (Tiger just needs to straighten out his driver, as he's still missing most fairways with it; however, that, too, has been trending in the right direction as he continues to get more and more rounds in, and it seems relatively safe to say that it's only a matter of time until he's at a more acceptable level at hittin' them fairways with it) -- , coupled with the fact that the world-wide talent on tour, which sports a healthy mix of in-form and/or better than ever veterans and an abundance of exceptionally skilled young talent, is as strong and plentiful as it's ever been right now, has me thinking we should be able to generate enough interest to secure a 40 person contest at ten bucks a pop for the Masters.

^^^ By the way, longest sentence ever? ^^^

Last edited:
Tiger not looking too terrible out there right now. He just might have a lil sumthin' sumthin' left after all. Woods has always been pretty good at golf. Seems to me like he might still be pretty good at it.

Reactions: Eppy99
Tiger not looking too terrible out there right now. He just might have a lil sumthin' sumthin' left after all. Woods has always been pretty good at golf. Seems to me like he might still be pretty good at it.
showing good form. curious what his Masters odds are now.

showing good form. curious what his Masters odds are now.

Tiger’s odds on winning The Masters are now all the way down to 10-1. That’s in stark contrast to the 100-1 odds he opened up at back in August when he first announced planned return date to the PGA tour. Incredibly, Tiger’s current 10-1 odds have him situated with the third lowest odds on the board, behind only Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas, who each carry 6-1 odds right now, respectively.

Considering that once betting odds are initially established, the movement of said odds from that point forward are determined by a combination of betting volume and dollar amounts waged, I fully anticipate Tiger will be carrying the lowest odds of the entire field by the time the Masters kicks off a month from now.

And at this point, he probably won’t even have to be in heavy Sunday contention these next couple tournaments like he was yesterday for that to happen. So long as he just makes these next couple of cuts (and given the way he’s performing, there’s no reason to think he won’t), that’s probably all that’ll need to happen in order for Tiger to wind up as the odds-on favorite to win the 2018 Masters heading into Augusta.

It’s up bitches. Masters salaries are out. The contest is on. $10 entry, 50 spots to fill.

@Jordan Wells you playing this year? Can I pin a thread on the forums?

Reactions: twenty02
Tiger’s odds on winning The Masters are now all the way down to 10-1. That’s in stark contrast to the 100-1 odds he opened up at back in August when he first announced planned return date to the PGA tour. Incredibly, Tiger’s current 10-1 odds have him situated with the third lowest odds on the board, behind only Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas, who each carry 6-1 odds right now, respectively.

Considering that once betting odds are initially established, the movement of said odds from that point forward are determined by a combination of betting volume and dollar amounts waged, I fully anticipate Tiger will be carrying the lowest odds of the entire field by the time the Masters kicks off a month from now.

And at this point, he probably won’t even have to be in heavy Sunday contention these next couple tournaments like he was yesterday for that to happen. So long as he just makes these next couple of cuts (and given the way he’s performing, there’s no reason to think he won’t), that’s probably all that’ll need to happen in order for Tiger to wind up as the odds-on favorite to win the 2018 Masters heading into Augusta.

No, that’s what TYPICALLY moves the line.

There are times when Vegas will hold on a line.

Reactions: largemouth
The match play contest didn’t fill?
I know, I didn't pay enough attention myself to realize it was starting today. I had one contest with a lineup in play. Oh, well I wasn't too excited about the format anyways. There is the other tournament in Puerto Rico that's on DK too. I don't know, I might just take the week off.

Come on punks, we need 7 more people for this week.

I can toss out invites to any of the thousands of random DK usernames that I can grab off of other upcoming and current DK PGA contests I'm in, and then see if 7 rando's bite. @Eppy99 , say the word and I'll try that. Otherwise, I doubt we're gonna stumble upon 7 more individuals between now and tomorrow morning who are willing and/or able to fill up a contest for Houston friggin' Open

I can toss out invites to any of the thousands of random DK usernames that I can grab off of other upcoming and current DK PGA contests I'm in, and then see if 7 rando's bite. @Eppy99 , say the word and I'll try that. Otherwise, I doubt we're gonna stumble upon 7 more individuals between now and tomorrow morning who are willing and/or able to fill up a contest for Houston friggin' Open
We’ve got some asshats on here that aren’t playing such as @twenty02 @Foosier and @Hoops Cat. I haven’t studied the list to see who else hasn’t joined. I hate randoms. Let’s see what happens. I have some other people I know from another league I can ask.

@Timmy! go find me a hooker for our contest. we need 1

I found us a 30th. Wasn't even a Hooker, just some slut that I know; but I see you got it filled up before I was able to, well, fill her up. I believe it was the great Socrates who summed it up best when he challenged "Why pay for sex when you can just call up a whole bunch of sluts?"

Last edited:
Reactions: twenty02
Just finished a Calcutta.

Tiger was highest bid by $110 over Rory, $120 over Dj. $340 over Spieth/Rose/Jt, $500 over mickelson/Fowler.

The total pot was double last year, I would say anticipation is high.

Meanwhile good luck to the other 49 participants this weekend, always a fun way to start my dk season. Thanks again for running this eppy.

Reactions: Eppy99
Just finished a Calcutta.

Tiger was highest bid by $110 over Rory, $120 over Dj. $340 over Spieth/Rose/Jt, $500 over mickelson/Fowler.

The total pot was double last year, I would say anticipation is high.

Meanwhile good luck to the other 49 participants this weekend, always a fun way to start my dk season. Thanks again for running this eppy.

@Krafty97grad - How much did Reed wind up going for? Also curious to know what pays in your Calcutta?

I've seen some crazy ones where it's literally winner of the tournament take all. I've also seen them where it pays allotted amounts to finishing positions 1 thru T-10. Also seen 'em where there's a mix of payouts between finishing positions and a fixed percentage of the pool that gets allocated towards the golfer who shoots the lowest individual round each day - something like 10% of the total pot, so 2.5% per round.

@Krafty97grad - How much did Reed wind up going for? Also curious to know what pays in your Calcutta?

I've seen some crazy ones where it's literally winner of the tournament take all. I've also seen them where it pays allotted amounts to finishing positions 1 thru T-10. Also seen 'em where there's a mix of payouts between finishing positions and a fixed percentage of the pool that gets allocated towards the golfer who shoots the lowest individual round each day - something like 10% of the total pot, so 2.5% per round.

1st - 65%
2nd-15%
3rd - 8%

Remaining 8% was for prop bets (leader round 1, 2, 3), most eagles, most birdies, etc.

So Fowler netted us 2nd. The rest struck out. I think reed went for 250ish.

Just because it's really been pissing me off ALL day, I'd like to share, for the record, Si Woo Kim cost me multiple thousands of dollars today with his epic choke at the RBC Heritage. Pre-tournament, I wagered $100 on Si Woooooo at 70 to 1 to win the RBC. And DraftKings-wise, the 10 fewer points he scored for finishing in 2nd than he otherwise would've scored had he finished in 1st, cost me the victory in a 72 person satellite contest (would've won by 0.5 pts. Instead, lost by 9.5), along with the $980 fantasy golf world championship qualifier ticket it awarded to the winner of said satellite contest (and the 200k I would've surely eventually won from that).

Normally, I wouldn't bother to mention as much....

But when the guy whom your financial interests are fully vested to has a two stroke lead with 4 holes to play, while the player sitting two strokes behind him has already finished his round and is just chilling inside the clubhouse, and your guy proceeds to miss either a short birdie putt or a short par putt between 4 and 6 feet on holes 15, 16, 17 AND 18 for chrissakes, any of which goes in, he wins - including a would-be tournament clinching straight-line 5-footer from below the hole on 18, a putt so easy, Stephen Hawking, God rest his soul, woulda made...blind folded; and then he goes on to miss two more make-able tournament clinching putts on playoff holes 1 and 2, and you're blazed to the absolute bejesus....you need an outlet to vent about it.

F**k you, Si Woo!

Not to be all dramatic, but I think I'm retiring from fantasy golf after this week. I'm about 90% sure. I may still decide to play the majors. After winning big on the Masters I'm pretty much ready to cash my chips in and go home. While I enjoy our weekly contest, I know myself well enough that if I play our contest I won't quit the rest. Fantasy golf has been a lot of fun for me, but I play high stakes and it's become a lot of pressure. I'm ready to go out on top and persue other interests. It's been fun my friends, but i'm a different person now than I was say 2 years ago or even just a few months ago. As you remember I gave up fantasy football, followed by giving up watching the NFL all together. Over the past few months I've almost entirely given up watching TV (except for golf). I don't use Facebook, I've lost weight and joined a gym. Fantasy golf/gambling is the last part to go. I prefer listening to podcast and music, working out, and hanging with my friends and family. This is by far the happiest I've ever been. Letting go can free you up to be the person you've always wanted to be.

It's been fun.

VPM stay the **** away from this thread.

Not to be all dramatic, but I think I'm retiring from fantasy golf after this week. I'm about 90% sure. I may still decide to play the majors. After winning big on the Masters I'm pretty much ready to cash my chips in and go home. While I enjoy our weekly contest, I know myself well enough that if I play our contest I won't quit the rest. Fantasy golf has been a lot of fun for me, but I play high stakes and it's become a lot of pressure. I'm ready to go out on top and persue other interests. It's been fun my friends, but i'm a different person now than I was say 2 years ago or even just a few months ago. As you remember I gave up fantasy football, followed by giving up watching the NFL all together. Over the past few months I've almost entirely given up watching TV (except for golf). I don't use Facebook, I've lost weight and joined a gym. Fantasy golf/gambling is the last part to go. I prefer listening to podcast and music, working out, and hanging with my friends and family. This is by far the happiest I've ever been. Letting go can free you up to be the person you've always wanted to be.

It's been fun.

VPM stay the **** away from this thread.

One last Thunderdome contest before you ride off into the sunset? You gotta. Cause, I mean, it’s cool and all that you won $75,000 and that you’re gonna walk away....but you’d be a lot cooler if you took $5,300 of said winnings and you parlayed that into an another $200,000 and then walked away. Riddle me this....

After beating the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XXXII, after having endured a long and arduous NFL career of having been on the precipice many occasion prior only to have come up just short before finally breaking through, did John Elway say Okay, that’ll do, I’m good” ??

No, no he did not. He laced ‘em up again for one last hurrah and he f**kin’ did it again, back-to-back style....

Then he retired.

Last edited:
Dudes, the memorial field is stacked. Get the **** in the contest this week. I’m predicting a Tiger win. Not saying I’m using him in my lineup, but I’m predicting the win.

Dudes, the memorial field is stacked. Get the **** in the contest this week. I’m predicting a Tiger win. Not saying I’m using him in my lineup, but I’m predicting the win.
I don’t get the reminders. I guess they are going to my spam. I got in a couple that didn’t fill then I forgot until Wednesday night a couple weeks and they were full.

@Timmy! I see you. Good luck

@Eppy99 Thanks. Yeah, sitting in 27th place out of 118,906 entries in the $5 dollar, 100K to 1st contest. I won't even be to greedy with my ambitions/hopes/dreams/passions for that entry this week. All I'm looking to have happen is have that entry jump up a measly 26 spots between now and the completion of the tournament on Sunday. That's it. A move up of just 26 places, that's all I'm asking for. Out of 118,906 entries, a 26 place jump, that's not asking for too much is it? Sheesh.

What's funny about that is that I didn't have the time to put in any prep/study ahead of time for the Memorial this week. So all I did DK-wise was toss in a blind dart here and there. That's my one and only entry into that contest. No thought to it. I simply just entered a single entry into a handful of contests at like 2 am, just a few hours before the Memorial kicked off.

Amazingly, in addition to the great shape of the contest you were referring to, I also sit in 1st and 2nd place entering the weekend in two separate satellite contests right now: One being in 1st out of 72 ($16 cost to enter), where there's a single $980 Fantasy Golf Championship Qualifier ticket awarded to the winner of the satellite, where 2nd place on down receives jack-shit. And the other sits in 2nd out of 178 in a satellite contest ($33 cost to enter) that also only awards the first place finisher. The winner of that one receives an entry into the esteemed PGA Thunderdome contest (would cost $5,300 to enter straight-up) two weeks from now for the U.S. Open.

Clearly, I should do that more often. Less study/prep, and more throw caution to the wind. Less monopolizing of my time in exchange for exponentially greater results. Otherwise known as - Spend far less time on something and win lots of monies, as opposed to spending countless hours on something in exchange for losing moderate sums of monies. Sounds good to me. I can get down with that. I'm in.

On another note, entering the weekend, I see you too; or at least saw you that is. Noticed you in the Pressure Putt contest with a few before the Memorial kicked off. Not that I entered that one myself or anything, as I tend to like to land a big bankroll enhancement before giving it all away by entering a high stakes contest, such as the Pressure Putt contest is; but I still like to mess around and check out who's in there beforehand from time to time.

Anyhow, seeing that you're still running around with and socializing in DraftKings PGA circles....So, ummm, yeah; how's that DK retirement thing working out for ya?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT