ADVERTISEMENT

The Douchebag fantasy golf thread.

I tend not to lose, like the last three NFL pickems
Golf on DraftKings is a whole different game. There’s a lot of variance to it similar to the NFL, but I enjoy the fantasy aspect of it even more as each contest lasts four days. There’s a whole lot of game theory going on. Not sure if you can handle the cerebal part:)

why was par 72 one day but 71 the other?

my lineup has guys w 67(-4) 68(-4) all the way down for example

Big birdie on 18 for DJ to get me back into the money at tied for 5th. Of course his backpedaling is what dropped me out if the money to begin with.

Winning never gets old. Thanks for your contribution. So sorry it’s not tax deductible.

Holy crap that was a massacre out there today. My bank roll ain’t gonna like this week.

I went w consistency as a strategy this time...paying off so far as 4 of my golfers are +3/4 tied for 82nd

Right now i have the two leaders (Henley and List) but Hadley at +10. wtf hadley?

What’s the fewest golfers anyone has had make the weekend? I could very well challenge that this week.

I went w consistency as a strategy this time...paying off so far as 4 of my golfers are +3/4 tied for 82nd

Right now i have the two leaders (Henley and List) but Hadley at +10. wtf hadley?

What’s the fewest golfers anyone has had make the weekend? I could very well challenge that this week.

Holy crap that was a massacre out there today. My bank roll ain’t gonna like this week.

Sweet JESUS, the Hindenburg disaster ain't got nuthin' on to what's happening out there over at PGA National this week. Oh the humanity!

See, this is what happens when you have a course (that course being PGA NAtional) that is kept in such utterly poor conditions throughout the 51 weeks a year when the Honda Classic isn't in town, that tour pros don't put in any practice rounds there at any point outside the round or two they get in the handful of days leading up to the event. But the reason tour pros don't bother putting in any rounds at PGA National, and thus have little to no familiarity with it, isn't because they're course snobs or anything like that. I mean, to be sure, they are; but it's got nothing to do with that. It's because, what good does a practice round do on a course that will play absolutely NOTHING like it will during the one and only week they're competing on it on tour??

So when you toss-in windy yet dry conditions, which makes for firmer/faster greens in addition to it already being difficult enough to hit said firmer/faster greens in regulation due to all that damn wind, and VIOLA, there you have it, a hot sloppy mess of SHIT from the world's best players!

My DK lineups are an eyesore across the board this week. I've had a million horrendous weeks, but I can't recall ever seeing in quite like this. Never seen so many T-140 (+13), T-137 (+11), T-131 (+9), T-126 (+8), T-102 (+6), T-88 (+5) stat lines littered all the F**k over my lineups. That's not hyperbole either. That's the actual current stat-line for not just one, but several of my 6-player rosters right now. And for the ones that don't have all 6 looking like that, there's at least 3 or 4 in most of 'em. When your "best" lineups have your high-man sitting at or around T-70 (+4)....yeah, you're not in for a very profitable week. May God have mercy on my soul. Yikes!

Reactions: IU40IU and Eppy99
Sweet JESUS, the Hindenburg disaster ain't got nuthin' on to what's happening out there over at PGA National this week. Oh the humanity!

See, this is what happens when you have a course (that course being PGA NAtional) that is kept in such utterly poor conditions throughout the 51 weeks a year when the Honda Classic isn't in town, that tour pros don't put in any practice rounds there at any point outside the round or two they get in the handful of days leading up to the event. But the reason tour pros don't bother putting in any rounds at PGA National, and thus have little to no familiarity with it, isn't because they're course snobs or anything like that. I mean, to be sure, they are; but it's got nothing to do with that. It's because, what good does a practice round do on a course that will play absolutely NOTHING like it will during the one and only week they're competing on it on tour??

So when you toss-in windy yet dry conditions, which makes for firmer/faster greens in addition to it already being difficult enough to hit said firmer/faster greens in regulation due to all that damn wind, and VIOLA, there you have it, a hot sloppy mess of SHIT from the world's best players!

My DK lineups are an eyesore across the board this week. I've had a million horrendous weeks, but I can't recall ever seeing in quite like this. Never seen so many T-140 (+13), T-137 (+11), T-131 (+9), T-126 (+8), T-102 (+6), T-88 (+5) stat lines littered all the F**k over my lineups. That's not hyperbole either. That's the actual current stat-line for not just one, but several of my 6-player rosters right now. And for the ones that don't have all 6 looking like that, there's at least 3 or 4 in most of 'em. When your "best" lineups have your high-man sitting at or around T-70 (+4)....yeah, you're not in for a very profitable week. May God have mercy on my soul. Yikes!
As you know I play some high stakes and make a lot of lineups for some of the lower dollar tourneys. I anticipated this week being tough so I actually cast a wider net on the amount of players i wanted to include in my portfolio and also lowered the percentage I owned of each player. On certain weeks I might own a player 60-70% accross all contests. This week I stayed at about 30-40% tops and included more players at like 5% because I thought the wind would be the equalizer and allow more players to compete. Well in theory this is great, but you still got to pick the right players.

I'll make a note for next year just to play our contest and skip everything else. This is just like burning money.

Reactions: Timmy!
As you know I play some high stakes and make a lot of lineups for some of the lower dollar tourneys. I anticipated this week being tough so I actually cast a wider net on the amount of players i wanted to include in my portfolio and also lowered the percentage I owned of each player. On certain weeks I might own a player 60-70% accross all contests. This week I stayed at about 30-40% tops and included more players at like 5% because I thought the wind would be the equalizer and allow more players to compete. Well in theory this is great, but you still got to pick the right players.

I'll make a note for next year just to play our contest and skip everything else. This is just like burning money.
With that said, I do own 40% Justin Thomas, only 3% Fowler and 10% Garcia. It's my cash game lineup that is disgusting. I play one cash game lineup for all h2h's, 50/50 and double ups. This week I picked:

Garcia
Rafa Cabrerea-Bella
Hadley
Howell
Kizzire
Knox

I entered this lineup in 258 contests. Ouch

Reactions: Timmy!

I tried spreading it out more than usual this week myself as well, but, just as you said, you still have to pick the right players; and, as far as this week is concerned, the right players picked, I have not. Like, at all. Sure, I have a few with Russell Henley going, a few Jason Dufner's, a couple Tiger's, and one singular lineup with Justin Thomas and another singular with Alex Noren. And I do have a lot of Tommy Fleetwood action out there, who's sitting at T-17 EVEN (Yippy-Skippy-F**kin-Do!). Other than that, it's absolute devastation across the board out there for me.

Rickie Fowler, Kevin Kisner, Chesson Hadley, Russell Knox, Patrick Reed, Charles Howell, Luke Donald, Adam Scott, Brian Gay, Jimmy Walker, Ryan Palmer, Grayson Murray, David Lingmerth -- just to name a few -- sitting a combined +108 ! (that is correct, ONE-HUNDRED-&-EIGHT OVER PAR!) can all go F**K themselves. And we're only roughly a round and a half in for chrissakes.

With scores like these, who needs PGA tour pros? It's as if it's me and a bunch of my buddies playing out there. I mean shit, might as well let me tee it up and take a crack at it. Pure insanity I tell you. Madness.

Last edited:

Yeah, he's been great this year and I figured I'd keep riding him until the wheels came off (especially at his price)...

Well, the wheels came off!

I've been shitty this season so far. Have gone from being in 1st for most of last season down to maybe 6th or something...

Redemption week is upon us. 4 spots to go mates.

Here are some folks that have participated in a DK AOTF PGA contest or two over the past few weeks that have not yet joined this week's contest: Roll calling @vbhagavan, @cryano, @twenty02, @Foosier

Additionally, there are still spots open for whoever the semi-regulars are that go by the DK handle names dannye24, jjbfarrell, and byoda1a as well.

Come one, come all, let's fill 'er up.

Who are the 3 new people in our league that signed up to play this week? Are they on this board or friends?

Fun to see Phil win today. His game was definately trending. You guys think now that the pressure is off he'll win again this year?

I did play him in a couple entries but not in Douchebag.
He is obviously playing well to get into this field.
You know what's funny is the winning lineup in the DK $44 contest had Jorge in his lineup. He placed 27th. Not bad. I think the guy won a mere 100k!

Reactions: tbone6004
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT