ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor Swift Getting Out the Young Voters . . .

Uh, don't your comments apply equally to Trump ( "amplified the platform for celebrities that usually ... have little or flawed understanding about politics, economics, etc." "to instill their opinion on their ignorant ... followers" ??

Yes.

Who gives a rats azz what some pompous over paid actor/"artist" thinks? They are so out of touch with reality it is hilarious. If that is who the pubs should fear in this upcoming election it will be a walk in the park.

You might want to look up the term "self awareness"- as in lack of...

Meanwhile to answer your question, apparently YOU do. Since you (presumably) VOTED for one. Or at the very least, continue to interject your support for the man who wrote the book on being pompous in any thread he's mentioned in...

The Pubs may want to "fear" the gender gap,after the latest CNN poll. The initial post Kavanaugh poll released today showed the Dem's generic advantage at a whopping 13%, powered by a 30% lead among women.

The GOP held on to a lead among men, but at only 5% it had little effect to overcome the huge Dem lead among women... And I noticed some new ads attacking Trey Hollingsworth coming from the National party, which means the polls in his race against Liz Watson must be tightening. No way the Democrats House election campaign injects funds in Oct unless internal polling indicates it's a race...

Meanwhile to answer your question, apparently YOU do. Since you (presumably) VOTED for one. Or at the very least, continue to interject your support for the man who wrote the book on being pompous in any thread he's mentioned in...

The Pubs may want to "fear" the gender gap,after the latest CNN poll. The initial post Kavanaugh poll released today showed the Dem's generic advantage at a whopping 13%, powered by a 30% lead among women.

The GOP held on to a lead among men, but at only 5% it had little effect to overcome the huge Dem lead among women... And I noticed some new ads attacking Trey Hollingsworth coming from the National party, which means the polls in his race against Liz Watson must be tightening. No way the Democrats House election campaign injects funds in Oct unless internal polling indicates it's a race...

Polls are always right. I forgot that fact.

Reactions: herrli
Well bless her heart. I am sure this will prompt many to register to vote, at least many of the percentage of her fans old enough to vote. And of those, maybe many will actually show up to vote on election day. And of those, when they see the two Tennessee candidates Ms. Swift endorsed on her feed aren't on the ballot in their state, many of those will still vote, but for whom? Did they do any research? Did they check and see which candidates support what? When they see Trump isn't on the ballot to clue them in on who to vote against, will they pick the correct one? Will the confusion force them to freeze up, abandon their ballot and seek shelter in the nearest safe space?

Who knows...

Well bless her heart. I am sure this will prompt many to register to vote, at least many of the percentage of her fans old enough to vote. And of those, maybe many will actually show up to vote on election day. And of those, when they see the two Tennessee candidates Ms. Swift endorsed on her feed aren't on the ballot in their state, many of those will still vote, but for whom? Did they do any research? Did they check and see which candidates support what? When they see Trump isn't on the ballot to clue them in on who to vote against, will they pick the correct one? Will the confusion force them to freeze up, abandon their ballot and seek shelter in the nearest safe space?

Who knows...
All that gratuitous snark because someone politely advocated for a candidate.

All that gratuitous snark because someone politely advocated for a candidate.

Oh wow, apologies, my snark wasn't directed @ Ms. Swift. I firmly support peaceful and polite advocacy in politics, and by all accounts Ms.Swift is a very talented performer who is respected in her field. My snark was directed @ those who think her endorsement is somehow a groundbreaking event, and I used the typical music performer's fan base as a means to tamp down those expectations.

Haven't you heard...no one voted for Trump, and they certainly don't support him. :rolleyes:

They're both very successful businesswomen. Oprah is worth billions and Swift is worth $300 million+ and is still in her 20s. Certainly as qualified as Trump was.
More qualified than Obama also...

Haven't you heard...no one voted for Trump, and they certainly don't support him. :rolleyes:

4v0hnt.jpg

I know. They might be listening to a celebrity rather than someone really knowledgeable, say like Brian Kilmeade or Steve Doocy.

That’s brilliant. Well done noodle.

Pretty clear that his closest advisors are Fox News bozos. The linkage between his tweets and crazy theories/talking points on fox and friends is unmistakable. It’s unbelievable when you’ve got folks that are experts in their field, and you’re taking direction from folks that have zero clue.

That's a very nice song. I like Willie.

The above confession whilst admirable could also be misconstrued as something else in some countries -- not to say there is anything wrong with that lifestyle choice even if you have decided to pivot in your later years of life.
lol.gif
lol.gif
;)

Last edited:
Reactions: iuwclurker
Yet it's okay for Kanye and Kid Rock to be in the Oval Office. Huh.

Who gives a rats azz what some pompous over paid actor/"artist" thinks? They are so out of touch with reality it is hilarious. If that is who the pubs should fear in this upcoming election it will be a walk in the park.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT