ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Schmidt explains how the Republican Party became the party of American fascists

no, my judgement is guided by my understanding.

and what i would have done is not have slaves in the first place.

and if i inherited them, i would have immediately freed them.

the founding fathers didn't just put up with slavery on the part of others, because they were forced into doing so in pursuit of a greater good.

they were slaveholders themselves.

they pursued "freedom" for thee and thine only, and power for thee and thine only, not "freedom" for all.
The arrogance is breathtaking.

Sure, you would have been different than everyone else.

You would have single handedly changed the course of human history. You would have convinced everyone with your force of personality.

You would have single handedly changed the course of human history. You would have convinced everyone with your force of personality.
It’s a combination of arrogance and supreme ignorance. Every single human psychologist worth their salt, regardless of political affiliation, would laugh at this dumbassery. It’s the equivalent of interacting with angry teen know it all.

Thanks, I legitimately needed a laugh this morning.

Which party was it that recently indicted a former president for the first time in this nations history because the guy who did it ran on, and was elected on, a platform of doing exactly that?

And on pretty dubious charges according to almost everyone, even those who support it.

That’s not fascist behavior at all.

GMAFB. 😂
Laws don't count for Trump? Fascist much?

“make a mockery of the founding fathers”. Is this a serious statement?

How does Gen Z feal about the founding fathers? Why is that?
Tell me which part of what Schmidt says is wrong?

That's not true. While he kept two male slaves as personal assistants even in his travels in Europe, after one escaped, he decided not to pursue him. Then he freed the other. When Franklin returned from London in 1762, he became an abolitionist and began making attacks on American slavery. In 1774, he founded the Pennsylvania Society for Promoting the Abolition of Slavery. He held no slaves in the last several decades of his life.

i stand corrected.

once independently wealthy and with no more real need, and the fact that his slaves were probably becoming old as well, he found Jesus on the matter.

but only after actively promoting slave trade earlier in life.

better late than never though.

that said, several founding fathers didn't even release their slaves even upon their own deaths iirc, but i am open to correction if wrong on that.

the world new right and wrong in the 18th century.

slave owners owned slaves not because they thought it was right, but because they could.

they have no excuses. nor should anyone excuse them.

non slave holding founding fathers can legitimately claim there was nothing they could do about it.

slave holding founding fathers' sins against man are not absolved or even lessened by anything else they did in life.

those who defend or defended them are no better.

Reactions: outside shooter
It’s a combination of arrogance and supreme ignorance. Every single human psychologist worth their salt, regardless of political affiliation, would laugh at this dumbassery. It’s the equivalent of interacting with angry teen know it all.

You're saying replacing electors with your own isn't fascist behavior?

SO WHAT WERE TRUMP ALLIES TRYING TO DO?

On Dec. 14, 2020, as Democratic electors in key swing states met at their seat of state government to cast their votes, Republicans who would have been electors had Trump won gathered as well. They declared themselves the rightful electors and submitted false Electoral College certificates declaring Trump the winner of the presidential election in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, New Mexico, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin,

Those certificates from the “alternate electors” in seven states were sent to Congress. Several of Trump’s Republican allies in the House and Senate used them to justify delaying or blocking the certification of the election during the joint session of Congress.

Prosecutors in Georgia opened their investigation in February 2021, just weeks after Trump made a phone call to Brad Raffensperger, Georgia's secretary of state, and urged him to “find” enough votes to overturn the results of the election there.

Not fascist behavior?

That's an outright coup attempt. Are you you crazy?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
i stand corrected.

once independently wealthy and with no more real need, and the fact that his slaves were probably becoming old as well, he found Jesus on the matter.

but only after actively promoting slave trade earlier in life.

better late than never though.

that said, several founding fathers didn't even release their slaves even upon their own deaths iirc, but i am open to correction if wrong on that.

the world new right and wrong in the 18th century.

slave owners owned slaves not because they thought it was right, but because they could.

they have no excuses. nor should anyone excuse them.

non slave holding founding fathers can legitimately claim there was nothing they could do about it.

slave holding founding fathers' sins against man are not absolved or even lessened by anything else they did in life.

those who defend or defended them are no better.
The slave owners couldn't just release slaves at the time due to state laws considering them property. They were part of the estate.

What would they have done if all the slaves, who were mostly illiterate and owned no property we released at once. There was barely a federal government and no money or programs to help them.

Marc Short, who was Pence's chief of staff, said in videotaped testimony that Pence told Trump "many times" that he did not have the authority to stop the vote certification in Congress as the Republican president sought.

Gregory Jacob, an attorney for Pence, said the main proponent of that theory, attorney John Eastman, admitted in front of the president two days before the attack that his plan to have Pence halt the procedure would violate the law.

“make a mockery of the founding fathers”. Is this a serious statement?

How does Gen Z feal about the founding fathers? Why is that?
Brad Raffensperger said it himself in the 60 Minutes segment I posted. Here you go, buddy.

i certainly would have tried.

you and others, obviously not so much.

and you are the ignorant one.

slave holders and the founding fathers were the fraction of 1%, not the 99 plus %.

and on top of the slavery thing, Washington and other founding fathers were not so generous or fair either with the non rich who fought along side them during the American Revolution, and effectively reneged on promises made to them in exchange for their service.

The top US Generals seemed concerned about a coup. Milley himself called Trumps behavior and rhetoric "A Reichstag moment" and "the gospel of the Fuhrer"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57

Virginia “Ginni” Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, pressed 29 Republican state lawmakers in Arizona — 27 more than previously known — to set aside Joe Biden's popular vote victory and “choose” presidential electors, according to emails obtained by The Washington Post.

Not fascist behavior?
Nope. Fascists would have had the democrat electors arrested.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
i certainly would have tried.

you and others, obviously not so much.

and you are the ignorant one.

slave holders and the founding fathers were the fraction of 1%, not the 99 plus %.

and on top of the slavery thing, Washington and other founding fathers were not so generous or fair either with the non rich who fought along side them during the American Revolution, and effectively reneged on promises made to them in exchange for their service.
How did they reneg on promises?

Are you reading the British version of the American Revolution?

The slave owners couldn't just release slaves at the time due to state laws considering them property. They were part of the estate.

What would they have done if all the slaves, who were mostly illiterate and owned no property we released at once. There was barely a federal government and no money or programs to help them.

sure they could.

it was the will, not the ability, that stopped them.

and slaves had marketable skills.

and did they owe said slaves something, absolutely.

that those today who never owned slaves, nor did their parents or grandparents, don't owe those who were never slaves, nor were their parents or grandparents, doesn't mean those who did in the day didn't owe those that were in the day.

sure they could.

it was the will, not the ability, that stopped them.

and slaves had marketable skills.

and did they owe said slaves something, absolutely.

that those today who never owned slaves, nor did their parents or grandparents, don't owe those who were never slaves, nor were their parents or grandparents, doesn't mean those who did in the day didn't owe those that were in the day.
Not if they owed creditors money. They were mostly cash poor asset wealthy farmers in the southern colonies back then.

Walk us through the rationale for that.
Read about Hitler and the communists or Ho Chi Minh in Vietnam. Stalin too. Did any democrats get liquidated or sent to a gulag in this fascist coup?

I hope Trump wins just for spite.

You really have zero clue. What do you think happened at the end of the War. Also, there were free slaves in the south before the Civil War.

The South overall developed two distinct groups of free Negroes. Those in the Upper South were more numerous: the 1860 census showed only 144 free Negroes in Arkansas, 773 in Mississippi, and 932 in Florida, while in Maryland there were 83,942; in Virginia, 58,042; in North Carolina, 30,463; and in Louisiana, 18,647.

Read about Hitler and the communists or Ho Chi Minh in Vietnam. Stalin too. Did any democrats get liquidated or sent to a gulag in this fascist coup?

So, no other fascists governments besides those governments? Like...Myanmar? Saudi Arabia, Syria, Thailand, Turkey, Russia, North Korea, China, Philippines, Cuba, Mali, and many more.

And then you have the right wing loons here:

You are an embarrassment and you're no patriot.

Last edited:

I don't think you understand what fascism is.

From the very liberal (not) Council on Foreign Relations

Many experts agree that fascism is a mass political movement that emphasizes extreme nationalism, militarism, and the supremacy of both the nation and the single, powerful leader over the individual citizen. This model of government stands in contrast to liberal democracies, which support individual rights, competitive elections, and political dissent.

In many ways, fascist regimes are revolutionary because they advocate the overthrow of existing systems of government and the persecution of political enemies. However, when it advances their interests, such regimes can also be highly conservative in their championing of traditional values related to the role of women, social hierarchy, and obedience to authority. And although fascist leaders typically claim to support the everyman, in reality their regimes often align with powerful business interests.

Sound famialiar?

Not if they owed creditors money. They were mostly cash poor asset wealthy farmers in the southern colonies back then.

not their slaves' problem.

and they were by far the largest owners of the best asset there is and was.

land, and they owned tons of it.

again though, your intense defense of the morally indefensible is duly noted.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHoops
You really have zero clue. What do you think happened at the end of the War. Also, there were free slaves in the south before the Civil War.

The South overall developed two distinct groups of free Negroes. Those in the Upper South were more numerous: the 1860 census showed only 144 free Negroes in Arkansas, 773 in Mississippi, and 932 in Florida, while in Maryland there were 83,942; in Virginia, 58,042; in North Carolina, 30,463; and in Louisiana, 18,647.
What is a free slave?

Reconstruction and former slaves living in terrible conditions poor and illiterate. Andrew Johnson was a big factor in slowing Reconstruction down.

Ask yourself how the upper south differed from the deep south. Topography is a big reason.

You have zero clue.
So, no other fascists governments besides those governments? Like...Myanmar? Saudi Arabia, Syria, Thailand, Turkey, Russia, North Korea, China, Philippines, and many more.

And then you have the right wing loons here:

You are an embarrassment and you're no patriot.
It's a message board, forgive me for not naming them all.

If America is becoming fascist its because of leftists.

Don't be an asshole.

Many experts agree that fascism is a mass political movement that emphasizes extreme nationalism, militarism, and the supremacy of both the nation and the single, powerful leader over the individual citizen. This model of government stands in contrast to liberal democracies, which support individual rights, competitive elections, and political dissent.

In many ways, fascist regimes are revolutionary because they advocate the overthrow of existing systems of government and the persecution of political enemies. However, when it advances their interests, such regimes can also be highly conservative in their championing of traditional values related to the role of women, social hierarchy, and obedience to authority. And although fascist leaders typically claim to support the everyman, in reality their regimes often align with powerful business interests.

Sound famialiar?
Why yes it does. It sounds just like the Democratic party.

You don't know what fascism is. Where is our reichstage fire or night of the long knives? How many state enterprises does the US government own?

Your definition could easily be applied to the left, the part after however is applying fascism to something unrelated.

Sound famialiar?

Last edited:
Reconstruction and former slaves living in terrible conditions poor and illiterate. Andrew Johnson was a big factor in slowing Reconstruction down.

Ask yourself how the upper south differed from the deep south. Topography is a big reason.

You have zero clue.

It's a message board, forgive me for not naming them all.

If America is becoming fascist its because of leftists.

Don't be an asshole.
Again, what do you think happened to former slaves after the war?

You have to name call because you don't understand what you're talking about. Stop digging.

The problem is all the countries they are passing through to seek asylum here. The US isn't the only place in the world they can go. Not all of them are asylum seekers either.
They just going to get on an airplane? You are truly special.

You're not this dumb...or ARE you?
I am sure a helluva lot smarter than you are.Liberals are so blinded by what is systematically being done to this country and hung up on whatever definitions you can find for some word you want to use. Your definition is about 90% exactly what your party is.

How does it feel to find out you are a fascist?

They just going to get on an airplane? You are truly special.
To quote you, '' you can't really be this dumb can you?''

You seriously think this has anything to actually do with asylum? The closest thing about asylum on this border crisis is that people like you need to be in one.

How many have you taken in so far?

I am sure a helluva lot smarter than you are.Liberals are so blinded by what is systematically being done to this country and hung up on whatever definitions you can find for some word you want to use. Your definition is about 90% exactly what your party is.

How does it feel to find out you are a fascist?
What is systematically being done to this country? What makes me a fascist? I posted the definition above.

• Haha
To quote you, '' you can't really be this dumb can you?''

You seriously think this has anything to actually do with asylum? The closest thing about asylum on this border crisis is that people like you need to be in one.

How many have you taken in so far?
How many kids have you adopted?

You don't understand, because you've probably never left whatever state in which you live. I've been to 82 countries, including 6 weeks in Colombia last year. You want to see despair, look at Venezuelans prostituting themselves to survive across the Colombian border. Or buying a cargo container worth of Dr. Pepper at a huge loss to themselves just to receive US Dollars in Aruba. You really have no idea what is happening in the world. I've been all over Africa. Ever see a $1 Trillion dollar bill? You will in Zimbabwe. They sell them as souvenirs.

You're a fool.

Last edited:
What is systematically being done to this country? What makes me a fascist? I posted the definition above.
And it is the exact definition of what Democrats are doing to this country. Who is telling people what kind of cars they can buy? What kind of stoves and furnaces they can buy ? What they can and can't say anymore?

And it is the exact definition of what Democrats are doing to this country. Who is telling people what kind of cars they can buy? What kind of stoves and furnaces they can buy ? What they can and can't say anymore?
Examples?

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT