ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Alford or Sean Miller which one would you take and why

I'm glad you're not the AD. Why does IU need Alford? Because he played for RMK? When IU hired RMK, was it because you were previously a fan of Fred Taylor and Ohio State?
For recruiting. Alford and Mack would do well here. If you want good coaching, it's Miller or Holtman. Imo

For recruiting. Alford and Mack would do well here. If you want good coaching, it's Miller or Holtman. Imo

Why do people keep saying this!!?!??

Alford has landed TWO top Indiana high school kids in 21 f****** years. And one was a transfer!!!

Wilkes went to UCLA way more for the school than Alford. He will not come to IU with Alford!!

But let's all hold hands and wish real hard it's 1987 and high school kids even know who Alford is let alone play for him.

Please don't let this happen.....screw it....

KEEP CREAN!!!!

That's right, I'm back supporting Crean.

Why do people keep saying this!!?!??

Alford has landed TWO top Indiana high school kids in 21 f****** years. And one was a transfer!!!

Wilkes went to UCLA way more for the school than Alford. He will not come to IU with Alford!!

But let's all hold hands and wish real hard it's 1987 and high school kids even know who Alford is let alone play for him.

Please don't let this happen.....screw it....

KEEP CREAN!!!!

That's right, I'm back supporting Crean.
Not for Alford. That why he wasn't in the "coach" list. He would recruit this state well due to he and his dad's ties. Relax. He isn't coming. Remember - we have no opening

Strengths and weakness of both. I'm more on Miller because he is an elite recruiter and has a career winning percentage over 70%.
I think Miller would be great for you guys for exactly what you said. Not sure if he's just a West Coast guy though. I don't know where he's from.

Steve Alford..He is from Indiana, he could and would recruit 4 and 5 stars from the state of INDIANA...Also, no more street ball!
If you're happy with never getting past the sweet 16, why not just keep Crean? Hell at least Crean has been to a Final Four.

Quit with the nostalgia crap...Alford has the same flaws as TC.

Reactions: chris007
i know im going to take some heat for this comment, but here it goes...i truly believe that when Alford got into coaching, we knew he was going to be the next coach for IU or we hoped. as we know it did not turn out that way. with that being said, i really, really , really believe IU needs Alford and Alford needs IU if either one is going to win a national championship. just my opinion.
You should take heat, because your only reason for hiring him would be because he played here 30 years ago. That's a stupid reason to hire a coach. You would laugh at his resume if he hadn't played here.

Reactions: chris007
You should take heat, because your only reason for hiring him would be because he played here 30 years ago. That's a stupid reason to hire a coach. You would laugh at his resume if he hadn't played here.

You guys that post this stuff over and over with such certainty and arrogance, should really consider following another sport. You don't get college basketball yet and, if you don't get it by now, you probably never will.

You guys that post this stuff over and over with such certainty and arrogance, should really consider following another sport. You don't get college basketball yet and, if you don't get it by now, you probably never will.
What don't I get? What has he done to prove that he's an elite coach? Him playing here is usually a big chunk of why people suggest him. His resume is basically Tom Crean 2.0 without a Final Four.

He also tried to interfere in a rape investigation. I'll pass.

If we are going to hire a coach for the simple reason he is a former player......let's look at Fife.

Your analysis is blinded by your admiration for a former player.

If Alford played for Ohio State, would you even consider him to coach at IU?

I have been watching college basketball for over 40 years and besides my family it is my biggest passion. I think the only reason that Alford would be considered would be that he played here. Nothing about his resume screams great coach an dis not better than Crean.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT