ADVERTISEMENT

Something that I find extremely interesting.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
The Kevin Wilson/Tom Allen fiasco. I believe that was a premeditated event from Fred Glass. I believe at an early point of the 2016 season, Glass realized that Wilson was an overrated coach and a poor leader of the program. And after evaluating his future options, he felt that Tom Allen was the correct choice. I really believe, that he is doing that right now. What I am most concerned about, is that we cant take a chance on an unproven coach in our MBB program. I feel that guys like Dane Fife will be considered. Glass makes the "safe" choice. He isnt the boldest guy. But he has one heck of a successful resume in Indianapolis and has done some decent things here at IU.

With that being said, I believe 2 things.

1. Crean will resign, or be terminated at the end of this season.

2. An Indiana native or former player, will take the job.

This seems to be Freds M.O.

Reactions: dbartn
The Kevin Wilson/Tom Allen fiasco. I believe that was a premeditated event from Fred Glass. I believe at an early point of the 2016 season, Glass realized that Wilson was an overrated coach and a poor leader of the program. And after evaluating his future options, he felt that Tom Allen was the correct choice. I really believe, that he is doing that right now. What I am most concerned about, is that we cant take a chance on an unproven coach in our MBB program. I feel that guys like Dane Fife will be considered. Glass makes the "safe" choice. He isnt the boldest guy. But he has one heck of a successful resume in Indianapolis and has done some decent things here at IU.

Lame-assiest.gif

I don't see Allen having as much success as Wilson . Allen was a panic hire in my opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: indy1203 and bang63

There are no former players or Indiana natives worth taking

Aw hell. He'll probably just hire Tim Buckley.

"The first person on the list is the person you already have."

Guess who said that recently?

Reactions: russelltodd

You can "believe" anything you want, but if you want us to believe it too, we'll need some evidence. Just saying

I think overall Glass has done a very good job with the athletic dept. and he is not dumb. if there is a change he will go out and get the best candidate possible that is willing to come here.
IMO - Fred is going to have his man before he gets rid of Crean.

Reactions: ronron125
Any coach who would accept a filled job isn't the coach IU should be hiring. Only Glass could bungle it that badly.
He is going to have an idea as to is interested in the IU job. Hopefully, he doesn't read this board because he would be under the impression that everyone is interested.

He is going to have an idea as to is interested in the IU job. Hopefully, he doesn't read this board because he would be under the impression that everyone is interested.
You give Glass way too much credit for his ability to navigate those waters. If by some miracle he moves Crean out, you should manage your expectations as to the replacement. Unless it involves fund raising or goofy promotions, Glass is way out of his league.

You give Glass way too much credit for his ability to navigate those waters. If by some miracle he moves Crean out, you should manage your expectations as to the replacement. Unless it involves fund raising or goofy promotions, Glass is way out of his league.
I have no faith in Freddy at all.

Reactions: russelltodd

You may be correct but it is a BIG stretch.

Archie is probably at the top I would have to think. I can't see IU hiring an nba guy, just not their style.
Archie would probably be around 5th or 6th on my list
Stevens-not very realistic
Donovan-not real realistic
Marshall
Bennett
S. Miller-just signed an extension probably not happening
A. Miller
Mack

Archie would probably be around 5th or 6th on my list
Stevens-not very realistic
Donovan-not real realistic
Marshall
Bennett
S. Miller-just signed an extension probably not happening
A. Miller
Mack
I meant the top of the non-pipe dreams. I don't see Marshall leaving WSU. Bennett could probably be the one, if he is interested. Wonder if he still has hard feelings toward IU.

I think overall Glass has done a very good job with the athletic dept. and he is not dumb. if there is a change he will go out and get the best candidate possible that is willing to come here.
IMO - Fred is going to have his man before he gets rid of Crean.
I agree. He may have two or three lined up, but he will have who he wants when he pulls the trigger.

Crean will leave on his own while he can still get a job at a decent school. A disaster next season would hurt his future job opportunities bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT