ADVERTISEMENT

So my marriage is ending....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seyton - How The Hell Are You These Days?

Did your life smooth out?
I hope so.

Your rants were some of the best ever here - back before the place went to ... well. you know.

I was hoping you'd own a chain of day cares or something by now.

Great....another quitter

VBG.

But in all seriousness, you better think long and hard. From your own words, you have spent your life running from things.

I know some guys that are divorced with kids and now regret it greatly.
This post was edited on 3/3 2:27 PM by twenty02

Been in therapy by myself for almost two years. Been trying to get the wife to go for over 18 months. Therapist said she needed to go by herself first, then he would do joint. She has resisted. Only after all this time, when I had already made my decision, did she request joint counseling. She still refuses to go to one on one therapist counseling, saying her work schedule precludes her from going.

FYI, my therapist has absolutely resisted joint counseling for us until she decides to go one on one with a counselor. She refuses to do that. He says that until she can work through her problems, the relationship has to wait.

Believe me, I have been pondering, thinking, worrying, and contemplating for over a year. This is not a snap decision.

I have tried to be open with my wife, explaining my unhappiness, but she seems to want to turn a blind eye and pretend that everything is good. It's frustrating.

So how is your divorce going, donger?

1) You should have gotten a different therapist. The therapist my wife demanded I see 15 years ago was actually urging me to get a divorce. So I stopped going to him and will never go to another one.
2) But then again maybe I should have taken his advice.

Anyway, I hope everything is going well for you and your family.

So how is your divorce going, donger?

1) You should have gotten a different therapist. The therapist my wife demanded I see 15 years ago was actually urging me to get a divorce. So I stopped going to him and will never go to another one.
2) But then again maybe I should have taken his advice.

Anyway, I hope everything is going well for you and your family.

Nice bump.......

Reactions: SuperHoosier
And for no other reason except we have grown apart. At 38, mid-life crisis is in full swing.

Had to sit and tell her that I couldn't do this anymore, that we have become such different people.

Kiddos find out today.

I have been running from things all my life, it's quite a change to actually confront the issues, talk openly, no anger, just spill it out and sort through it.

I haven't been single in over a decade, and I have to say, I am looking forward to some time by myself.

God Bless the AOTF. I miss Andy.

Love you guys.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Enough of all this "do what makes you happy" horse$hit. Jeebus and people wonder why kids are so facked up these days. What in the holy hell are some of you panty waists teaching them? Suck it up. Sack up and find your common ground again. Get some counseling. For phack's sake, do some actual work on your marriage. Not just for her or you, but for your kids. Everyone just throws I the damn towel anymore. "We've grown apart". Boo phacking hoo. It's about more than YOU now. If your wife were cheating that would be a TOTALLY different story. Anything else, get your priorities in order and suck it up. Good gawd, I'm tired of hearing that lame a$$ bullchit. The grass ain't greener. In time you'll see that and then you've phacked up your life, her life AND, most importantly, the kid's lives. Then you've got the guilt to deal with too. smfh
EDIT: Nice bump but I stand by what I said. Sack the hell up.

Reactions: HoosiersChamps
And for no other reason except we have grown apart. At 38, mid-life crisis is in full swing.

Had to sit and tell her that I couldn't do this anymore, that we have become such different people.

Kiddos find out today.

I have been running from things all my life, it's quite a change to actually confront the issues, talk openly, no anger, just spill it out and sort through it.

I haven't been single in over a decade, and I have to say, I am looking forward to some time by myself.

God Bless the AOTF. I miss Andy.

Love you guys.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Sucks. We're coming up on 25 years and it's hard being in a relationship, no 2 ways about it. I wish the best for you and your kids. But, this being the OTF, these are some of the highlights that came up for Sexy Attorney GIS:

sexy-lawyer-lady.jpg

swimgerie-swimwear-2011-03.jpg

152a7259be21e55e9389398efb6ad045.jpg

Chicago+Law+Firm+Presents+New+Divorce+Ad+Campaign+FtQNOCU-ap3l.jpg

Best wishes!

Reactions: C-$
Enough of all this "do what makes you happy" horse$hit. Jeebus and people wonder why kids are so facked up these days. What in the holy hell are some of you panty waists teaching them? Suck it up. Sack up and find your common ground again. Get some counseling. For phack's sake, do some actual work on your marriage. Not just for her or you, but for your kids. Everyone just throws I the damn towel anymore. "We've grown apart". Boo phacking hoo. It's about more than YOU now. If your wife were cheating that would be a TOTALLY different story. Anything else, get your priorities in order and suck it up. Good gawd, I'm tired of hearing that lame a$$ bullchit. The grass ain't greener. In time you'll see that and then you've phacked up your life, her life AND, most importantly, the kid's lives. Then you've got the guilt to deal with too. smfh

Quit being a dick.

Ugh, both my kids were exponentially happier when I got divorced. The let's do it for the sake of the kids stuff is mostly an appeasement to your own ego and guilt. Unknown to most of us, kids don't want miserable parents. I stuck with her for the kids for five years too long.

btw - I had full custody, and they lived with me. I remember the day that my daughter gave me some wisdom. She came home from school and said "I love being at home" I was feeling guilty. that she didn;t have a Mom at home. so I told her I was sorry. She said "Dad, listen"..... I said "To what? It's quiet" ... she said, "that's right" ,and smiled. I got over my guilt at that moment.

Quit being a dick.
Not being a dick at all. I think a lot of times it's a cop out and it's the kids who suffer because of it. If your spouse is being an a$$hole, there's a reason behind it. Go to counseling. If they won't change and/or you won't change, well, then at least you've tried to work through it. It's not dickish to say that. "We've grown apart" is phacking lame. If you don't have kids, then nobody's worse for the wear for ending it (like $, for instance). But kids make it more than about just you. It's being a dick to only think of yourself and put your happiness in front of your kids. You want to argue that and, well, we have nothing to talk about because you're wrong. Good talk.

Ugh, both my kids were exponentially happier when I got divorced. The let's do it for the sake of the kids stuff is mostly an appeasement to your own ego and guilt. Unknown to most of us, kids don't want miserable parents. I stuck with her for the kids for five years too long.

btw - I had full custody, and they lived with me. I remember the day that my daughter gave me some wisdom. She came home from school and said "I love being at home" I was feeling guilty. that she didn;t have a Mom at home. so I told her I was sorry. She said "Dad, listen"..... I said "To what? It's quiet" ... she said, "that's right" ,and smiled. I got over my guilt at that moment.
I get that. If you can't work it out and all you do is fight. But if somebody just says "we've talked it through and we've just grown apart and WE (the parents) would be happier splitting up", that just horse$hit. That's putting your happiness in front of your kids without even trying. I've seen all your posts about what an absolute b!tch your ex-wife was (is?) and there's no doubt the kids were better off not having to listen to constant fighting. My point was/is to try to resolve the issues and bridge the gap between the two if at all possible. To at least TRY. I'm not sure how that's being a dick. Must be a Czech thing.

Not being a dick at all. I think a lot of times it's a cop out and it's the kids who suffer because of it. If your spouse is being an a$$hole, there's a reason behind it. Go to counseling. If they won't change and/or you won't change, well, then at least you've tried to work through it. It's not dickish to say that. "We've grown apart" is phacking lame. If you don't have kids, then nobody's worse for the wear for ending it (like $, for instance). But kids make it more than about just you. It's being a dick to only think of yourself and put your happiness in front of your kids. You want to argue that and, well, we have nothing to talk about because you're wrong. Good talk.
TL;DR

Quit being a dick.

You assume that all kids want their parents together (and miserable). I'm absolutely positive they would rather have them apart (and happy). Plus, marriage is nothing but an outdated religious ritual. It's a silly foundation based on magic that never existed. Only gays should get married.

You assume that all kids want their parents together (and miserable). I'm absolutely positive they would rather have them apart (and happy). Plus, marriage is nothing but an outdated religious ritual. It's a silly foundation based on magic that never existed. Only gays should get married.
Miserable = fighting. Again, I'd agree that if that's the case and there's no moving forward then it's in EVERYBODY'S best interest to split.

Last edited:
Miserable = fighting. Again, I'd agree that if that's the case and there's no moving forward then it's in EVERYBODY'S best interests to split.

Yea, I think we're using two different perspectives on this. I get ya.

Sounds like a great daughter.

2 piece?

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
I've been laughing so hard on this post that I have tears in my eyes. Even though the vernacular is different, I agree with what you have said my friend.

I have a friend who left his wife for another woman. He married her and in

5 yrs was running around with other men, often disappearing for weeks. The children from his first wife are very cold to him. So, now he is facing another divorce and will be alone because his second wife will get their child they had together. Donger, don't you think that my friend would have been happier if he had stayed with the first wife? I think he would. She had not committed adultery,but he just had a crisis or got bored, whatever it was. If you and your wife can go to counseling, I would bet that you would be a lot happier staying with the wife of your youth. Make this choice carefully and with a lot of thought. How about you chasing her like you did before you were married? Pursue her because you are choosing to love her regardless of how you feel about it. If she is willing then this would be your best chance for lifetime happiness.

Jesus F*ucking Christ. Offense intended.

The question is why it's unhappy and if it's fixable. My point is that it's

a lot better to fix a marriage than to enter into another one. The statistics say second marriage divorce at a higher rate than first ones. The answer in most cases is not to leave,but to learn how to love your current spouse. I hope the best for Donger,no matter what happens. It's not all up to him. His wife has a say in this too. But if both are willing to put in the work and love each other by choice instead of just relying on feelings, then I believe the feelings can return.

Maybe your friend who had such a difficult second marriage actually just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT