ADVERTISEMENT

So...Harris/Walz tonight

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
What happens if she does a good job, and is impressive tonight?

It seems like everyone is expecting her to struggle. I'm sure the immediate questions will be that she won't have been alone. And that's valid to an extent.

I actually was pretty impressed with her interview immediately after the Trump/Biden debate. Whoever the CNN interviewer was, can't remember, actually was fairly tough on her trying to get her to acknowledge Biden's crap performance. She handled that interview, that could not have been comfortable, and obviously could not have been prepared for...very well.

We'll see I guess. But I wouldn't surprised if she comes away more impressive than not. And if so, it'll be interesting to see what that does to the Trump campaign, how they handle the debates, etc...

I'm talking composure, ability to articulate positions, etc... Obviously the content isn't going to resonate with a lot of people. Me included, for the most part.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark and ulrey

It seems like everyone is expecting her to struggle. I'm sure the immediate questions will be that she won't have been alone. And that's valid to an extent.

I actually was pretty impressed with her interview immediately after the Trump/Biden debate. Whoever the CNN interviewer was, can't remember, actually was fairly tough on her trying to get her to acknowledge Biden's crap performance. She handled that interview, that could not have been comfortable, and obviously could not have been prepared for...very well.

We'll see I guess. But I wouldn't surprised if she comes away more impressive than not. And if so, it'll be interesting to see what that does to the Trump campaign, how they handle the debates, etc...

I'm talking composure, ability to articulate positions, etc... Obviously the content isn't going to resonate with a lot of people. Me included, for the most part.
Prescreened. Scripted. My god I hope she would do well. It’s incredible how low the bar is at this point. Can a nominee handle being interviewed with advanced questions and a friendly reporter

I think there is a certain amount of gamesmanship involved in letting the opposition run their mouths about her being "afraid" to do interviews She's been running for office and facing campaigns for the better part of two decades. Obviously she had some issues in 2020 when she had to try and find a niche to the left of Bernie and that wasn't really her. The left center was already pretty crowded with other females such as Klobuchar and Warren, so there really wasn't a lane available that she was comfortable running in.

People forget that in the 4 yrs since she's gained valuable experience on the world stage. She had private meetings with the leaders of both Germany and Slovakia leading up to the hostage release with Russia. Trump actually believes she's stupid, but he's an imbecile. She has a prosecutors mentality and won some landmark decisions in CA. It truly is a case of the Prosecutor vs the Con...

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I think there is a certain amount of gamesmanship involved in letting the opposition run their mouths about her being "afraid" to do interviews She's been running for office and facing campaigns for the better part of two decades. Obviously she had some issues in 2020 when she had to try and find a niche to the left of Bernie and that wasn't really her. The left center was already pretty crowded with other females such as Klobuchar and Warren, so there really wasn't a lane available that she was comfortable running in.

People forget that in the 4 yrs since she's gained valuable experience on the world stage. She had private meetings with the leaders of both Germany and Slovakia leading up to the hostage release with Russia. Trump actually believes she's stupid, but he's an imbecile. She has a prosecutors mentality and won some landmark decisions in CA. It truly is a case of the Prosecutor vs the Con...
Yes she’s brilliant. Nothing to worry about

Cfb tonight doc. Prime on primetime. I’m going to try to get back into Cfb this year. 12 team playoffs. Would love to see mizzou get in. This feels like the year.
Sons soccer game then college football, for sure, for me tonight.

Prescreened. Scripted. My god I hope she would do well. It’s incredible how low the bar is at this point. Can a nominee handle being interviewed with advanced questions and a friendly reporter
Yup. I do think Bash will try to get after them a little bit. Even with it being pre scripted. I honestly don’t agree with most of what she’ll say. But if she answers with composure, with answers that come across in any well thought out… it’ll feel like a breathe of fresh air. I won’t likely see it live though.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I was under the impression it was pre-taped, if so will any of us be seeing it live?
??? Maybe not? These candidates are sure adept at fumbling things. Will they have one of those cheesy applause meters too in the audience?

• Haha
Reactions: All4You
CNN won't even release the transcript of the "18" minute interview 😂😂😂
Are you really this stupid and gullible? Or are you trolling the board?

CNN...a for profit network...that makes its profits based on clicks and ratings...is supposed to release a transcript for a highly anticipated interview, that is expected to get millions of viewers...

You're so dumb.

Reactions: UncleMark
Honest question...what's so bad about those specific videos? To the point where its "Train wreck" status?
She’s just a god awful speaker. I think she desperately wants to appear smart and an intellectual and she’s just not. Watch Clinton answer a question. Obama. Direct. Responsive. What’s funny is if you watch her outside of something formal where she’s just talking she does so much better. Likable etc. I think she’s just trying to be something she’s not

i watched 30 seconds of @dbmhoosier and stopped. nails on a chalkboard. she's a terrible speaker. she says so much while saying so little.
She isn't great. I don't like her voice, at all. But her answers were "fine" in DBM's clips. Which, of course, are useless without the rest of the interview for context.

She’s just a god awful speaker. I think she desperately wants to appear smart and an intellectual and she’s just not. Watch Clinton answer a question. Obama. Direct. Responsive. What’s funny is if you watch her outside of something formal where she’s just talking she does so much better. Likable etc. I think she’s just trying to be something she’s not
Agreed on that. I think maybe that's why she sounded better after the debate, it wasn't scripted.

When she and Trump debate, it'll be interesting how she handles it, and how she comes across. Tulsi Gabbard DESTROYED her in the 20' Primary debate...basically ended her candidacy. Trump will go for death blows, but I'm not sure he's capable of of that any more.

Agreed on that. I think maybe that's why she sounded better after the debate, it wasn't scripted.

When she and Trump debate, it'll be interesting how she handles it, and how she comes across. Tulsi Gabbard DESTROYED her in the 20' Primary debate...basically ended her candidacy. Trump will go for death blows, but I'm not sure he's capable of of that any more.
Yeah at this point he’s a rambling dogshit speaker too. That debate will be a mess

Yeah at this point he’s a rambling dogshit speaker too. That debate will be a mess
Those clips from DBM cemented it for me...I doubt I even look for highlights of it until the games are over tonight. The sites and sounds of college football are 100000X more appealing to me. No matter who's playing.

Those clips from DBM cemented it for me...I doubt I even look for highlights of it until the games are over tonight. The sites and sounds of college football are 100000X more appealing to me. No matter who's playing.
Yup

She took 40 days to decide to two a 2 0n 1 interview with the most friendling 'reporter' imaginable. That speaks for itself.

She took 40 days to decide to two a 2 0n 1 interview with the most friendling 'reporter' imaginable. That speaks for itself.
It is pretty weak. But what if she sounds good? Trump is an absolute disaster any more when out in public. I think if she sounds good, or even decent, we're going to see some epic meltdown stuff from The Donzo.

It is pretty weak. But what if she sounds good? Trump is an absolute disaster any more when out in public. I think if she sounds good, or even decent, we're going to see some epic meltdown stuff from The Donzo.

If she doesn't drool all over herself the narrative will be that she was fantastic. And it hardly matters if she is or isn't. No matter how she appears her opponent is worse. Clash of the morons.

Reactions: larsIU

I don’t care how she sounds, I know what she wants to do. Pack the court, capital gains & corp tax, bs, price fixing, undoubtedly more woke bs, etc. Dems & people with TDS worry about how they sound, whether they’re “folksy” enough, etc.

Pretty funny that the 'reporter' suggests an answer in her question.

Kam sounds nasally as hell. She ought to get that fixed.
Noticed that too from Bash. Hope the entire interview isn't like that. Bash can be fairly contentious when she wants to be. Not that she should be purposefully contentious, but hopefully she challenges her more than that short clip showed.

And yeah, her voice would drive me from a room, in all likelihood.

Honest question...what's so bad about those specific videos? To the point where its "Train wreck" status?

I agree the criticism about the Green New Deal being hidden in the Inflation Reduction Act is a dumb take. Anybody who was paying any attention knows that the "Inflation Reduction Act" label was a complete con, and that most of the $$ that would be awarded could be accurately described as waste and abuse.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I don’t care how she sounds, I know what she wants to do. Pack the court, capital gains & corp tax, bs, price fixing, undoubtedly more woke bs, etc. Dems & people with TDS worry about how they sound, whether they’re “folksy” enough, etc.
I get that... mainly wondering what impact it will have, if any, on the Trump campaign and other future engagements and events.

Are you referring to Elizabeth Warren as left center, really?

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Bash and CNN are as left wing as it gets. Trump has done lots of interviews with adversaries. Kamala has never done one.
I’m with you. Just saying it’s easier to go an hour+ when you’re not being challenged.

Kamala could talk for an hour on Pod Save America or The Breakfast Club I’m sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT