ADVERTISEMENT

Romeos choice should be easy.

I would just add this fact to the discussion. Few, if any cities, have changed more in the last twenty years than Nashville. I remember the Nashville of the ‘70’s centered on the downtown Ryman and little else. I remember the mid ‘90’s when my employer instructed me to seek out a new location for his business. It had become a business and entertainment Mecca and was building a new downtown arena in hopes of landing a professional hockey team. I discovered the deep pocketed resources of the only city in the old south not destroyed by the Civil War. We decided to move the business and it’s presence has been credited with moving Nashville to the forefront of emerging metropolitan areas in the United States. Corporate HQ’s like Nissan and others relocated to the mid south’s most dynamic city. There are as many creeper cranes operating in downtown Nashville as any city in the country. More than thirty new hotels and one hundred restaurants will open in the next 12 months. If you went there 5, 10, 25, 30 years ago it would be increasingly difficult to recognize the city the longer it has been since you visited. Not interested in the recruitment, but as someone who follows Nashville and once lived there I wanted to set the record straight. Btw, Vanderbilt hired Hoosier women’s basketball legend and pays her almost $1 million a year to build a competitive SEC Wbb program.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/op...e-really-moving-nashville-every-day/83100468/

Were you ever in downtown Indianapolis 20 - 30 years ago? Old MSG (remember driving UNDER MSG?).....Hoosier Dome.....and, well......

Have you been there recently?

This thread reminds me so much of a thread before Darius Garland made his decision. Posters here thought Indiana was the easy choice there, also. As it turned out, IU didn’t make the top two.

If I were an IU fan, I’d certainly be concerned about why it is taking so long for the inevitable to come to fruition. Something has to be going on or Romeo would already be enjoying his lovefest. Don’t overlook the fact that Archie didn’t crack Garland’s top-two. Garland wanted to play with another 5*. Romeo can chose to play with either two or none. Wasn’t Romeo all Louisville before the meltdown?

This thread reminds me so much of a thread before Darius Garland made his decision. Posters here thought Indiana was the easy choice there, also. As it turned out, IU didn’t make the top two.

If I were an IU fan, I’d certainly be concerned about why it is taking so long for the inevitable to come to fruition. Something has to be going on or Romeo would already be enjoying his lovefest. Don’t overlook the fact that Archie didn’t crack Garland’s top-two. Garland wanted to play with another 5*. Romeo can chose to play with either two or none. Wasn’t Romeo all Louisville before the meltdown?

Or the half dozen that Kansas has on their roster.

Oh my...Vandy fans rewriting college basketball history. Can we say this thread has gone south.

This is subjective talk on thid thread so...

C'mon man....I'm nearly 60 and I can't recall any time in my life when Vanderbilt basketball was: 1) a national contender; 2) even relevant on any day other than when playing Kentucky;

Good luck going forward. I've been in Memorial Gymnasium and it is awful. You are miles from the action. You really need a new venue.

Both sides can keep speculating...we'll know soon enough where he'll play and I doubt we'll hear all of the analysis that went into his decision. He'll decide and announce, but the kid is pretty diligent and stayed with his plan.

btw...I believe Romeo grew up a Duke fan. At least that is what an uncle told me some time ago.

Reactions: mazz
Or the half dozen that Kansas has on their roster.

Correct ... but based on what I'm hearing it is an IU/Vandy race. Proximity would support that information. If one asks for directions to a cold "middle of nowhere" one receives directions to Lawrence, Kansas!

I suspect that it'll be IU in the end .... but continue to maintain that it isn't the "easy choice" that is the basis of this thread.

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
I don't normally like to post hearsay and 2nd hand information on the boards, but here goes! I live in Bloomington and was at my favorite watering hole yesterday having adult beverages. A gentleman (I'll use the term loosely) said that Romeo's girlfriend was accepted and is coming to IU. Could mean nothing, I wanted to leave my High School girlfriends behind when I went to IU, so who knows. Was wondering if anybody could disprove or substantiate this rumor?

I don't normally like to post hearsay and 2nd hand information on the boards, but here goes! I live in Bloomington and was at my favorite watering hole yesterday having adult beverages. A gentleman (I'll use the term loosely) said that Romeo's girlfriend was accepted and is coming to IU. Could mean nothing, I wanted to leave my High School girlfriends behind when I went to IU, so who knows. Was wondering if anybody could disprove or substantiate this rumor?

I heard the same this week.

But I went to a different school than my gf so......lol

Correct ... but based on what I'm hearing it is an IU/Vandy race. Proximity would support that information. If one asks for directions to a cold "middle of nowhere" one receives directions to Lawrence, Kansas!

I suspect that it'll be IU in the end .... but continue to maintain that it isn't the "easy choice" that is the basis of this thread.

If proximity mattered that much Kansas would have no 5 stars........ ever.

And I haven't heard that Kansas is out of it, not by a long shot.

I recently moved to Nashville (June) and work for Dell EMC. Probably around 2K people work out of this building. There are signs, banners, flags, bobbleheads and all kinds of other items that adorn the cubicles all over the building. Lots of KY bball and Bama football. Obviously lots of UT, Predators, and Titans too. A fair amount of IU, Colts and Pacers (surprisingly) stuff. However, I have never seen a single Vandy anything. Not one.

Also, lots of sports are discussed regularly. However, I rarely hear anyone talk about Vandy or even about going to a Vandy game. The only time I can recall is when Bama came to town last fall and obliterated them in football and a Vandy LBer had called out Bama before the game. Then they got crushed. A bunch of the Bama fans had gone to the game to root for Bama. The idea that Vandy is relevant here in Nashville has not been proven to me yet. I've had multiple people invite me to go see the Titans and the Preds. Nobody has asked about going to a Vandy game. We fund team outings and teams have asked to go to Titans and Preds games. Nobody brings up Vandy.

I'm starting to wonder if all 5 Vandy fans in Nashville are here posting in this thread.....

If I were an IU fan, I’d certainly be concerned about why it is taking so long for the inevitable to come to fruition
Why, he won't be the last five star we recruit and/or sign.

We've been through this a thousand times.. ..

IU will be fine regardless if we get Langford or not..

Why, he won't be the last five star we recruit and/or sign.

We've been through this a thousand times.. ..

IU will be fine regardless if we get Langford or not..
When? I am not sure why you’ll are so obsessed with this kid. He is only going to be there one year and with your current roster will be very easy to shut down. My guess that is exactly why he won’t got to IU. Why Vandy I have no clue. My bet is on Kansas. Makes way more since. I know, I know IU is a blue blood. How long does that last? Forever? Your Blue blood program walked out the door with RMK.

When? I am not sure why you’ll are so obsessed with this kid. He is only going to be there one year and with your current roster will be very easy to shut down. My guess that is exactly why he won’t got to IU. Why Vandy I have no clue. My bet is on Kansas. Makes way more since. I know, I know IU is a blue blood. How long does that last? Forever? Your Blue blood program walked out the door with RMK.

dumb ..

Who the hell cares about your opinion.

When? I am not sure why you’ll are so obsessed with this kid. He is only going to be there one year and with your current roster will be very easy to shut down. My guess that is exactly why he won’t got to IU. Why Vandy I have no clue. My bet is on Kansas. Makes way more since. I know, I know IU is a blue blood. How long does that last? Forever? Your Blue blood program
walked out the door with RMK.

You know nothing about this kid and you especially don’t know how long this kid will stay. He will be as easy to guard with IU as was Eric Gordon.

Were you ever in downtown Indianapolis 20 - 30 years ago? Old MSG (remember driving UNDER MSG?).....Hoosier Dome.....and, well......

Have you been there recently?

Infinitely familiar with it. Son was VP of Pacers when they moved from Market Square.

If he cared much about winning he wouldn’t have IU or Vandy on his list. That should be pretty clear. He cut UNC and kept Vandy. That tells you his value on winning.

Ha ha, interesting take.

If Romeo comes, we're going to be pretty good.

Saben Lee, current freshman, is a stud and we would be adding 3 top 15 players and another, Aaron Nesmith, who is climbing up he rankings (now at 57 per Jerry Meyer).

We also have two transfers who will be good players (Matt Ryan from ND and Yanni Wetzel (sp) )

We should be an NCAA tourney team next year regardless of whether Romeo comes to Vandy or not but if he does, our ceiling is pretty high.

I wouldn't say more talented but Drew will insure that IU has more wins.

Maybe so, but there are a lot of delusional people on this site. It's like reading a bunch of low IQ redneck 16 year olds' opinions.

Occasionally there will be a logical take and then the knuckle draggers quickly ruin that.

Yes. I said that in my post. You also realize valpo recruits to the talent level of it's conference and Dayton recruits to the talent level of it's conference. Dayton will get better players than Valpo but not better then all it's conference foes. Therefore, they only way to judge coaches in different conferences would be to evaluate there conference results. Not a perfect way but I don't know how else you would do it.

Link?

I never said that at all. I said if Romeo looks at each roster and see who has the best roster it would be IU and that is why he should come here.

I don't know much about IU's roster this year and I know even less about next year's roster. I very seriously doubt that you know anything about this year's Vandy roster and or next year's Vandy roster.

I do know we have a crappy roster this year (very very bad seniors, no leadership, can't wait to have them gone) and next year we add 3 highly rated recruits and two transfers. All 5 of those players are potential starters or will be in the top 6 (Saben Lee will likely start in the back court).

If y'all have a better roster next year than us, you will have an outstanding team.

Reactions: KyDore
Maybe so, but there are a lot of delusional people on this site. It's like reading a bunch of low IQ redneck 16 year olds' opinions.

Occasionally there will be a logical take and then the knuckle draggers quickly ruin that.

haha. shots fired by folk who live or have spent large amounts of time near the Cumberland River? that's good stuff.

my guess is that Romeo hates country music and would be freaked out by cousin kissers. i'm also betting he'll prefer southern Indiana's brand of racism over what the New South is still willing to get down with.

I don't know much about IU's roster this year and I know even less about next year's roster. I very seriously doubt that you know anything about this year's Vandy roster and or next year's Vandy roster.

I do know we have a crappy roster this year (very very bad seniors, no leadership, can't wait to have them gone) and next year we add 3 highly rated recruits and two transfers. All 5 of those players are potential starters or will be in the top 6 (Saben Lee will likely start in the back court).

If y'all have a better roster next year than us, you will have an outstanding team.
I have watched your team 3 times this year and your 3 best players are seniors. We should have our best player Morgan back which will be a senior who averages 15 and 8. We will have two other starters back plus our best big man who is out for the year. We have a recruiting class ranked in the top 16 right now and if we get Romeo probably will move in the top 10.

Reactions: mazz and IUgradman
Ha ha, interesting take.

If Romeo comes, we're going to be pretty good.

Saben Lee, current freshman, is a stud and we would be adding 3 top 15 players and another, Aaron Nesmith, who is climbing up he rankings (now at 57 per Jerry Meyer).

We also have two transfers who will be good players (Matt Ryan from ND and Yanni Wetzel (sp) )

We should be an NCAA tourney team next year regardless of whether Romeo comes to Vandy or not but if he does, our ceiling is pretty high.
Completely agree with you. You’ll be a good team regardless of Romeo and could be really good with him.

My point is if competing for a title was his top priority for his one college season he’d have a list of Kansas UNC UK Duke etc. Not Vandy or IU.

I’m not one of those blind fans who thinks IU is better than Vandy just because I’m an IU alum and fan. I’ll openly admit you guys will have a better roster next year for him to join. But, like I said earlier, I don’t think that very important to the kid. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Friedas_Boss

Perhaps you should know something about IU's roster before you comment on who is going to be the better team. You guys are terrible and you won't be a really good team next year either. Go troll another board.

Reactions: IUgradman
Completely agree with you. You’ll be a good team regardless of Romeo and could be really good with him.

My point is if competing for a title was his top priority for his one college season he’d have a list of Kansas UNC UK Duke etc. Not Vandy or IU.

I’m not one of those blind fans who thinks IU is better than Vandy just because I’m an IU alum and fan. I’ll openly admit you guys will have a better roster next year for him to join. But, like I said earlier, I don’t think that very important to the kid. Just my opinion.

I have to disagree with you on this one. Vanderbilt will struggle to make the tourney next year if they don't land Romeo. They are currently awful and lose their 3 best players. I would also argue I am opposite of a blind fan (I tend to be very critical):)

Most freshmen do not have that big of an impact on the game. For every Marvin Bagley and Trae Young there are numerous 5 star players who will have less impact on the game than a sold upperclassmen player. Kentucky has 6 freshmen 5 star players, this year, and they just fell out of the top 25.

Last edited:
Perhaps you should know something about IU's roster before you comment on who is going to be the better team. You guys are terrible and you won't be a really good team next year either. Go troll another board.

It looks like Vandy is well in the hunt for 6'9"" five-star power forward E. J. Montgomery. Evidently he hung out with Darrius and Romeo in Italy this summer and something appears to be happening. Coincidentally, Montgomery has been a high school teammate of Simi Shittu also. Romeo has the opportunity to be part of a super-class and go after the Dookies. I'm fine with Romeo not making his announcement until later ..... particularly since I'd like to see him have a fair opportunity to win Mr. Basketball.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article195947509.html

It looks like Vandy is well in the hunt for 6'9"" five-star power forward E. J. Montgomery. Evidently he hung out with Darrius and Romeo in Italy this summer and something appears to be happening. Coincidentally, Montgomery has been a high school teammate of Simi Shittu also. Romeo has the opportunity to be part of a super-class and go after the Dookies. I'm fine with Romeo not making his announcement until later ..... particularly since I'd like to see him have a fair opportunity to win Mr. Basketball.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article195947509.html

That would be interesting to me, if I cared about Vanderbilt and their basketball program. However, I don't. Good luck to you on getting win number 8 this year.

Heard the same last night from our Usher I always chat with. Means as much as every other rumor...nada.

https://247sports.com/Player/EJ-Montgomery-77106

Or he could just join the Duke class? lol

Has Vandy even offered Montgomery? I don't think they have.

And now you expect to beat out UK, Duke, etc?

Look, you guys just landed the greatest class in school history, so you are running around like one of the big boys, I get it.

But I wouldn't hold my breath with Montgomery if I was you....

:)

This is easily your dumbest post so far in this thread. Well done. Romeo has already been this year's Mr. Basketball since before last year. The only question is who will be the other 11 on the All Star team that thumps KY's All Star team twice this summer?

Montgomery!? You serious Clark?! It's cool to dream, but you shouldn't make a habit of lying to yourself. He's not going to Vandy. Romeo might, but Montgomery is not.

This is easily your dumbest post so far in this thread. Well done. Romeo has already been this year's Mr. Basketball since before last year. The only question is who will be the other 11 on the All Star team that thumps KY's All Star team twice this summer?

Someone forgot to tell the IndyStar that Romeo had already won their award. At least they didn't know it two months ago according to this article:

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...etball-all-eyes-now-romeo-langford/859224001/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT