ADVERTISEMENT

Selection Sunday

Funny you forgot to mention that Purdue has already beat Arizona, Alabama, Marquette, Wisconsin 2 out of 3, Illinois twice, Gonzaga and you did say they Purdue beat Tennessee! Yeah Purdue lost 4 games to BT teams, two of those in OT. And of course all of the teams above have slow/unathletic/ guard oriented teams that Purdue can match with???????? Of course none of matchups will be easy, that's what makes the tournament so great! The one thing you did not mention, is that match-up problem all teams have with the BIG MAPLE! I also almost mentioned about smoking some other team twice, but they don't matter anymore!
Yep...they beat a lot of teams in the regular season, again.

They're going to struggle against fast paced teams, with great guards, that are effective shooting the 3...in the NCAA tournament. Luckily for them, basically all the teams that play that way, and have the horses to give Purdue problems, are in other regions.

Anything can happen in the tournament, so no one knows who they're going to end up playing. But they dodged some bullets without having teams like Auburn, Kentucky, Alabama, etc... in their region. And I don't give a rip what they did in some meaningless December tournament that was played in Las Vegas, or wherever it was.

Yep...they beat a lot of teams in the regular season, again.

They're going to struggle against fast paced teams, with great guards, that are effective shooting the 3...in the NCAA tournament. Luckily for them, basically all the teams that play that way, and have the horses to give Purdue problems, are in other regions.

Anything can happen in the tournament, so no one knows who they're going to end up playing. But they dodged some bullets without having teams like Auburn, Kentucky, Alabama, etc... in their region. And I don't give a rip what they did in some meaningless December tournament that was played in Las Vegas, or wherever it was.
It was in Maui, in November, and as far as being meaningless, you might be wrong, I mean playing good teams and WINNING is a good reason to be a one seed in the tournament, versus staying home and watching good teams play some great basketball why you set on your couch in your beloved IU pajama sweat pants! We actually beat those meaningless teams of Alabama and Arizona in December!

TN, Creighton, KU and Gonzaga is not a tough draw.
They already beat TN and Gonzaga this season. Kansas has injuries. They play the first two rounds in Indianapolis. It can’t get much better than that for them.

I like Kent Sterling’s show but he wants Purdue to win it all. He says it’s because he respects Painter and the way they do things. He’s not old school, otherwise he would hate them. Maybe he’s trying to suck in more viewership now that IU is out and his numbers will drop.

As bad as IU’s season was, can you imagine the season culminating in an NCAA Championship for PU? We’d never hear the end of the gloating. IU would be “little brother”. We’d have to stomach seeing PU gear being worn everywhere. It’s not a pleasant thought.

They already beat TN and Gonzaga this season. Kansas has injuries. They play the first two rounds in Indianapolis. It can’t get much better than that for them.

I like Kent Sterling’s show but he wants Purdue to win it all. He says it’s because he respects Painter and the way they do things. He’s not old school, otherwise he would hate them. Maybe he’s trying to suck in more viewership now that IU is out and his numbers will drop.

As bad as IU’s season was, can you imagine the season culminating in an NCAA Championship for PU? We’d never hear the end of the gloating. IU would be “little brother”. We’d have to stomach seeing PU gear being worn everywhere. It’s not a pleasant thought.
We would be "little brother" when

they won their sixth,
learned a lot more about the game than they currently know, and
focus more on their own team than ours.

Until then, they are just purdue.

Reactions: Willray
We would be "little brother" when

they won their sixth,
learned a lot more about the game than they currently know, and
focus more on their own team than ours.

Until then, they are just purdue.
If they win it in 2024, our last one in 1987 borders on “ancient history”. We’ll have to answer to that one, the living in the past accusations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT