ADVERTISEMENT

Things to ponder…….

Big Red Crimson Buffalo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
……in no particular order:
  • The defense is outright atrocious. Is it no wonder when the same guy who runs the whole operation is also calling the defense. Nothing good about that defense with some of the worst set of fundamentals seen at this level.
  • Allen has been beaten by an interim coach and now an interim OC in his first week.
  • Josh Sales has taken the torch nicely from Jones:
    feet of brick and slow as molasses.
  • Best player on the team? Well 2 players: Jaylin Lucas and Dasan McCollough. Both freshman who have not been tarnished yet by the con man at the top. His veteran guys are awful. Four years under the fraudulent defensive “guru”.
  • Rutgers last conference win at home was in 2017. We like to set all sorts of
    ineptitude records every year. We really like to be worse than awful. We work hard at it.
  • Allen looks like some meth tweeker over there on the sideline with a look of shock and hemorrhoids rolled into one.
  • The team quit on the coach today. Terrible effort. DL getting pushed around like rag dolls.
  • I’m not ruling out some kind of settlement with Allen. I guess part of it is related to his own morale. The guy is miserable and on edge. Is continuing at this clip for 24 months worth it? Maybe it isn’t about the money with him? Rather than suffer more indignity with each passing loss? Maybe they colid come in around $12.5mm and split the difference that way?

• This is what it looks like when the wheels have fallen off a program.
  • About the mom and pop shop down there in little Mayberry…. compare a sude by side shot of Happy Valley that I’m seeing right now next to little IU.
  • So much for divisions…..when you are damn near #15 in a 14 team league, you know you’re really at true rock bottom.
  • Baz - wow. What is there to say? This kid ran the ball in high school? I know the OL is a bunch of giant cream puffs but Good Lord! He had a play where he took off on a run (not sure the guy ever “took off”) and had wide open space in front of him and he ran like 1.5 yards and then just dropped in a fetal position on the turf. What we miss with guys like Ramsey. A kid with grit and moxie.
  • LEO is a total sham. A fraud. The supposed “benefit” of such culture is a team with great chemistry and a chip on their shoulders. Cohesion. I don’t think I can recall such a 24 month period where a program just decided to fold its tent in epic fashion?
  • How is that 55 man player-led team accountability council working out?

• Thank you Jaylin Lucas and Dasan McCollough for providing a few bright spots this year. Like Michael Penix, I will be interested to see where you end up next year.

• The mass exodus after last year? Well, it’s becoming crystal clear now that those people were not bad apples, as the spin goes. I believe that at least many of them were simply getting out of Dodge before Allen could take the program to full-on clown show mode.
  • Anybody here remember the 2004 season? I know most would prefer to forget but, yeah, it was Dinardo last season. The feeling at this very moment is what I call that “2004 feeling.”” It’s a great reference point for where this circus is right now.
  • A really great debate could take place deciding which offense was the worst you ever saw in your life? 2021 IU or 2022 IU?
  • Everything is nogotiable. Time to get the agent and lawyers involved.
  • Would be remiss if we didn’t at least consider a couple disgraced guys in the future: Mark Dantonio and Hugh Freeze.

• The defense is outright atrocious. Is it no wonder when the same guy who runs the whole operation is also calling the defense. Nothing good about that defense with some of the worst set of fundamentals seen at this level.
  • Allen has been beaten by an interim coach and now an interim OC in his first week.
  • Best player on the team? Well 2 players: Jaylin Lucas and Dasan McCollough. Both freshman who have not been tarnished yet by the con man at the top. His veteran guys are awful. Four years under the fraudulent defensive “guru”.
    ineptitude records every year. We really like to be worse than awful. We work hard at it.
  • Allen looks like some meth tweeker over there on the sideline with a look of shock and hemorrhoids rolled into one.
  • The team quit on the coach today. Terrible effort. DL getting pushed around like rag dolls.
  • I’m not ruling out some kind of settlement with Allen. I guess part of it is related to his own morale. The guy is miserable and on edge. Is continuing at this clip for 24 months worth it? Maybe it isn’t about the money with him? Rather than suffer more indignity with each passing loss? Maybe they colid come in around $12.5mm and split the difference that way?

• About the mom and pop shop down there in little Mayberry…. compare a sude by side shot of Happy Valley that I’m seeing right now next to little IU.
  • So much for divisions…..when you are damn near #15 in a 14 team league, you know you’re really at true rock bottom.
  • Baz - wow. What is there to say? This kid ran the ball in high school? I know the OL is a bunch of giant cream puffs but Good Lord! He had a play where he took off on a run (not sure the guy ever “took off”) and had wide open space in front of him and he ran like 1.5 yards and then just dropped in a fetal position on the turf. What we miss with guys like Ramsey. A kid with grit and moxie.
  • LEO is a total sham. A fraud. The supposed “benefit” of such culture is a team with great chemistry and a chip on their shoulders. Cohesion. I don’t think I can recall such a 24 month period where a program just decided to fold its tent in epic fashion?

• Thank you Jaylin Lucas and Dasan McCollough for providing a few bright spots this year. Like Michael Penix, I will be interested to see where you end up next year.

• The mass exodus after last year? Well, it’s becoming crystal clear now that those people were not bad apples, as the spin goes. I believe that at least many of them were simply getting out of Dodge before Allen could take the program to full-on clown show mode.
  • Anybody here remember the 2004 season? I know most would prefer to forget but, yeah, it was Dinardo last season. The feeling at this very moment is what I call that “2004 feeling.”” It’s a great reference point for where this circus is right now.
  • A really great debate could take place deciding which offense was the worst you ever saw in your life? 2021 IU or 2022 IU?
  • Would be remiss if we didn’t at least consider a couple disgraced guys in the future: Mark Dantonio and Hugh Freeze.
I was wondering what you were seeing after the Illinois game. IU was beaten like a pulp and somehow won. They are a couple of miracle TD drives away from 1-6 right now. Off the top of my head, the WKU game required stopping the opponent without a first down, driving for a last minute TD, getting a 2 point conversion, opponent missing a 50/50 FG with no time left, and winning in OT.

Literally 99/100 times IU is 1-6 right now. They looked totally outmatched and incompetent in week 1 to me except for Ill beating themselves. Would probably be better to be 1-6 right now and the admin might be forced to make a move instead of dragging this out for 2 more years.

• Best player on the team? Well 2 I players: Jaylin Lucas and Dasan McCollough. Both freshman who have not been tarnished yet by the con man at the top. His veteran guys are awful. Four years under the fraudulent defensive “guru”.

I’m beginning to get a “1995-96 feeling” when Coach Mallory went 1-15 in the conference his final two seasons

There are too many things wrong with the program. The stadium is brutal, the coaching staff is awful and the student interest drops like a rock as we approach basketball season. In recruiting, how many kids are even excited about an offer from IU? You’ll go if there no other decent offers, but lets face it, its the last resort.

Im looking towards the swim season. Maybe we can repeat?

Here are a couple of stats to contemplate.

1, Josh Henderson 4 Carries. While Rutgers keeps handing the ball to their Freshman Power Back and gaining yardage on the ground, We make no attempt to establish the run. And no, We didn't get down big early where it was necessary to throw to catch up.

Passing Stats- 23 for 41 for 210 Yards.
Barely a 50% Completion Rate
9.1 yards Per Completion
5.12 yards per Attempt
none of that is acceptable.

Here are a couple of stats to contemplate.

1, Josh Henderson 4 Carries. While Rutgers keeps handing the ball to their Freshman Power Back and gaining yardage on the ground, We make no attempt to establish the run. And no, We didn't get down big early where it was necessary to throw to catch up.

Passing Stats- 23 for 41 for 210 Yards.
Barely a 50% Completion Rate
9.1 yards Per Completion
5.12 yards per Attempt
none of that is acceptable.
All of Josh Henderson's carries were in the first half. And they never went back to him. Over 8 yards a carry and they don't go back to him in the second half. Not once!

I honestly think at this point our offense would be better if we ran it off of a software program. Eliminate human error events such as giving the littlest running backs the ball to try and run up the middle.

There are too many things wrong with the program. The stadium is brutal, the coaching staff is awful and the student interest drops like a rock as we approach basketball season. In recruiting, how many kids are even excited about an offer from IU? You’ll go if there no other decent offers, but lets face it, its the last resort.

Stadium is brutal?

Most of this is just patently incorrect.

Reactions: 76-1
I’m not ruling out some kind of settlement with Allen. I guess part of it is related to his own morale. The guy is miserable and on edge. Is continuing at this clip for 24 months worth it? Maybe it isn’t about the money with him? Rather than suffer more indignity with each passing loss? Maybe they colid come in around $12.5mm and split the difference that way?
Something like that is my hope! Otherwise I foresee two more disgraceful years followed by an attempt to build up from dregs. Both basketballs are looking good, men’s soccer is in the elite eight; I can tolerate yet more bad football but we should try to avoid being the worst in the power five. That means getting rid of one of the worst coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT