ADVERTISEMENT

Romeos choice should be easy.

Yikes...

Somebody got their balls trolled off.
Low_7f318417306c46a.jpg

Reactions: IUgradman

To be honest, if you had posted this in October of 2012, my blood pressure would have spiked significantly....

As luck would have it, however, Vandy has beaten UTjr 4 of the last 6 years, including the last two years (this year in Knoxville).

Trust me, you can do better than this.

Romeo will be a Hoosier. IndianaHoops has assured us many times that Romeo is not going to Vandy and he is all knowing. Kansas is pretty much out from what I've heard.

Romeo will be a Hoosier. IndianaHoops has assured us many times that Romeo is not going to Vandy and he is all knowing. Kansas is pretty much out from what I've heard.

Romeo's girlfriend is enrolled at IU and an usher in the balcony confirmed this.

Congrats, Hoosier Nation. Langford is a stud.

Well, he won his conference regular season title in 2 of those years but came up short in the conference tourney. The Horizon league only gets the tourney champion in the NCAAs. Lucky for IU the Big Ten doesn't operate under those same guidelines, they would never make it in. I also believe Dayton would be in a draught if they had to win their conference tourney to get in. They haven't won it since 2003.

A guy coaching a team that averaged a recruiting class ranked in the 200s will get a pretty low seed in the NCAAs. Like a 13 and a 14. The year they were a 13 seed, Valpo was a 3 pointer away from forcing overtime. I'm obviously not going to convince you that Drew is not a terrible coach so I will stop trying. Have a good season.

And to those who keep claiming Drew is handing out cash to players, please provide the link with proof.

Hey moron. Crean won the big ten in 2 of his last 4 years. And he sucked. When was the last time Vandy won the SEC? Your program blows.

Your "diversity" argument is just drivel and pathetic straw clutching [substantial intervening text deleted] Trying to make an argument that Romeo might choose Vanderbilt over IU because its a bit "blacker" is just f#$king stupid and insulting to the kid.

A reasonable mind would think that Romeo's decision will be made on how he "feels" about a place and that is likely to be influenced by many, many things. In this thread where we are blindly discussing possible differences, it is not out of line for those of us making the case that it is not an "easy decision" to underscore several factors where Vanderbilt arguably offers more or at least something different. Vanderbilt is on the national leading edge of inclusiveness and that is a "plus" for progressive thinkers (and irrelevant or maybe even negative to others). It is not unreasonable to think it would be a positive that an athlete may consider among the many other positives. It is not an insult to IU to point out that Vanderbilt's top priority is inclusiveness. I am on an advisory board at Vanderbilt and during this week's conference call a dean highlighted how diverse the campus "communities" are and that staff follows freshman students closely to make sure every student becomes part of a welcoming community. I think it does discredit to Romeo to assume that because he is a talented athlete that social issues are for some reason less important to him. Moreover, matters relating to race should not be a third-rail in civilized discussions. I am in no way arguing that any one aspect of Vanderbilt is necessarily a difference-maker but only that its uber-inclusiveness is attractive to many of today's prospective students. Logically, any difference between the schools has the potential to be a scale-tipper. We can all demonstrate our inclusiveness by, at a minimum, tolerating its mention.

I've linked an article from the IndyStar authored in part by a student who attended high school in Bloomington and is now a Vanderbilt student. The difference between a welcoming community and, in your words, being “blacker” is more than a nuance. For the sake of every kid born in America in a socially or economically stressful situation, let’s not be overly dismissive of the discussion. I submit that my comments are not anything but supportive of Romeo and whatever decision he eventually makes. And, I pledge that my mind won’t even entertain anything remotely resembling the cruel pejoratives that were expressed on this board toward Darrius Garland if Romeo ultimately says that Vandy finished 3rd (or even worse). As someone suggested in reaction to a response to another one of my posts ....... “high road.”

https://www.indystar.com/story/opin...young-black-and-female-bloomington/598780001/

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
Hey moron. Crean won the big ten in 2 of his last 4 years. And he sucked. When was the last time Vandy won the SEC? Your program blows.

Yep.

Know the funny thing? Couldn't find any memes making fun of Vanderbilt Basketball because no one else cares enough to even disrespect them. The kid sitting in the stands was pretty good, though - Vandy talked all week about "Bring on "Bama" . . . think they got what they deserved? LMFAO!!

an iu fan making fun of another school's football team? really?
There were no basketball memes. Nobody out in cyberspace cares enough about Vandy Basketball to diss them.

Did you hear us saying "Bring on the Buckeyes" before the tOSU game? If we had, at least we showed up long enough to make them break a sweat.

A lot to talk about. First, the automatic bid goes to the Tournament champion, not the regular season champion. They got in with an at-large bid those years.

Wow, IU talking about Vandy football? Thanks for the good laugh today.
iu_fb_rutgers1518.jpg

SEC-Champs.jpg

There's the post season tournament trophy. Something Indiana has held since 1987

A reasonable mind would think that Romeo's decision will be made on how he "feels" about a place and that is likely to be influenced by many, many things. In this thread where we are blindly discussing possible differences, it is not out of line for those of us making the case that it is not an "easy decision" to underscore several factors where Vanderbilt arguably offers more or at least something different. Vanderbilt is on the national leading edge of inclusiveness and that is a "plus" for progressive thinkers (and irrelevant or maybe even negative to others). It is not unreasonable to think it would be a positive that an athlete may consider among the many other positives. It is not an insult to IU to point out that Vanderbilt's top priority is inclusiveness. I am on an advisory board at Vanderbilt and during this week's conference call a dean highlighted how diverse the campus "communities" are and that staff follows freshman students closely to make sure every student becomes part of a welcoming community. I think it does discredit to Romeo to assume that because he is a talented athlete that social issues are for some reason less important to him. Moreover, matters relating to race should not be a third-rail in civilized discussions. I am in no way arguing that any one aspect of Vanderbilt is necessarily a difference-maker but only that its uber-inclusiveness is attractive to many of today's prospective students. Logically, any difference between the schools has the potential to be a scale-tipper. We can all demonstrate our inclusiveness by, at a minimum, tolerating its mention.

I've linked an article from the IndyStar authored in part by a student who attended high school in Bloomington and is now a Vanderbilt student. The difference between a welcoming community and, in your words, being “blacker” is more than a nuance. For the sake of every kid born in America in a socially or economically stressful situation, let’s not be overly dismissive of the discussion. I submit that my comments are not anything but supportive of Romeo and whatever decision he eventually makes. And, I pledge that my mind won’t even entertain anything remotely resembling the cruel pejoratives that were expressed on this board toward Darrius Garland if Romeo ultimately says that Vandy finished 3rd (or even worse). As someone suggested in reaction to a response to another one of my posts ....... “high road.”

https://www.indystar.com/story/opin...young-black-and-female-bloomington/598780001/

In reference to your link, some people are perpetual victims.

A lot to talk about. First, the automatic bid goes to the Tournament champion, not the regular season champion. They got in with an at-large bid those years.

iu_fb_rutgers1518.jpg

SEC-Champs.jpg

There's the post season tournament trophy. Something Indiana has held since 1987

Just when I think you can’t possibly be any dumber, you just keep raising the bar. In 1987IU won the national championship. Not the sec tourney. Hahaha. You’re trying to make fun of IU by bringing up a national championship season. Oh my.

Just when I think you can’t possibly be any dumber, you just keep raising the bar. In 1987IU won the national championship. Not the sec tourney. Hahaha. You’re trying to make fun of IU by bringing up a national championship season. Oh my.

SMH. No. I'm making fun of IU fans clinging to a false sense of relevance based on a trophy from 30 years ago.

There were no basketball memes. Nobody out in cyberspace cares enough about Vandy Basketball to diss them.

Did you hear us saying "Bring on the Buckeyes" before the tOSU game? If we had, at least we showed up long enough to make them break a sweat.

Nobody wanted Bama other than our big gay defensive lineman who made a comment walking off the field, "Bama, you're next."

Bama is so good.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
SMH. No. I'm making fun of IU fans clinging to a false sense of relevance based on a trophy from 30 years ago.
Says the guy who roots for Vanderbilt - whose best finish in NCAA was when they only had to win one game (Elite 8, 1965) to achieve it. But, hey, you guys have a coach whose has been to the SECOND ROUND twice in the last 5 years of the NCAA Tournament!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, you guys are fun to mess with. You take sports at any academic institution so seriously. Good luck with romeo. If vandy misses, i hope you get him. Really don't want him at Kansas.
Thanks.

Some people on here get too bent at this stuff. Why not have some fun in life? Talk that smak, baby!!

Reactions: Friedas_Boss

iu_fb_rutgers1518.jpg

SEC-Champs.jpg

Yet we played for a national championship in 2002, when was the last time Vandy can say that.

We have had 2 Final Four appearances and 1 Championship appearance since then as well. You are arguing about people still clinging to something when the program you support has not even grabbed the first pebble on their climb up the mountain.

You're the dumb ass that laughs at a guy who has climbed Mt. Everest 5 times because he happens to be standing on equal footing with where you are currently...knowing that your ass has never been more than a few hundred feet up.

We get dumb ****s like you that show up around here on the regular to laugh at old dusty banners. To us, we're the 60 year old former playboy. Yeah, we may not pull the ladies like we used to but damn if we are going to sit around and let some virgin act superior. You got a phone number, we have sealed the deal multiple times. (Sorry to anyone my analogy may have offended).

Don’t take it from us, we’re subjective. Go search the internet for lists of the best programs in CBB. You’ll see IU on all of them, in the top 6 in most, top 10 in all. Bet you won’t though will you?

In reference to your link, some people are perpetual victims.

I thought the article was very much germane to the discussion since it was authored by three girls who grew up in B-town with one now being at Vandy and the other two being on IU's faculty. I don't want give the issue more weight than it warrants but I do sympathize with the stereotype of the young black athlete and admire anyone of any stripe who rises above any challenges that they face. I think that everyone of good will wants Romeo to find the best fit for him.

I enjoy posting this board since I have great respect for IU and the graduates I know that it has produced. The quality of content here is light-years more informed than UK boards and I enjoy considering thoughtful posts. I'm here solely to "argue" the original premise of the thread that IU is an easy choice for Romeo and I want to contribute worthy information relevant to that discussion. After all, were are all here for both entertainment and information.

Vandy has never won anything. Vandy has never been relevant. Ever. You have no history and you suck this year. You have nothing to be proud of or to try and hang over IU's storied history and accomplishments. I noticed you did at least manage to have your loss to TN on ESPNU. Wow. High water mark for you guys to actually get onto an ESPN channel, even if it was only a tiny step above ESPN Ocho. IU's TV appearances are proof of their national relevance. IU gets ratings and IU gets national broadcasts on ESPN/Fox/CBS regularly. Vandy made it onto ESPNU for their rivalry game. Hahahaha. Nobody cares about Vandy. IU is a brand. Suck it Trebek.

Vandy 5 star recruit Sims Shittu had ACL surgery today. Supposed to be back in November. Probably doesn't matter to Romeo, but it will slow the start Vandy has next year.

Reactions: mazz
Vandy 5 star recruit Sims Shittu had ACL surgery today. Supposed to be back in November. Probably doesn't matter to Romeo, but it will slow the start Vandy has next year.

It will be something for Romeo to consider. ITH has an interview with Tim Langford from last night.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2018/0...-five-star-guard-romeo-langfords-recruitment/

Part of the decision making process is who's coming back and who's coming in for each team. Shittu at less than 100% for the season is a consideration. When Romeo makes his decision, Shittu's health for next year will be unknown.

Reading smoke signals from the interview leads me to believe Romeo's announcement may come at the McDonald's game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT