ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo Langford

Saying if you see them changing real late just like they did with Garland then we should worry about not getting Romeo.

Well, yeah. But that’s because a decision’s been made and (maybe) has leaked out. And of course these guys want to be on record as having been right.

I’m talking about predictions put out well before a decision has been made. People give these “gurus” way too much credit. They’re making guesses just like anybody else.

I hope Meyer (etal) turn out to be right. But I’ll never put much value on what they’re saying.

They don’t know.

Well, yeah. But that’s because a decision’s been made and (maybe) has leaked out. And of course these guys want to be on record as having been right.

I’m talking about predictions put out well before a decision has been made. People give these “gurus” way too much credit. They’re making guesses just like anybody else.

I hope Meyer (etal) turn out to be right. But I’ll never put much value on what they’re saying.

They don’t know.
I doubt any information has been leaked at all. Based upon Daddy Langford's comments, if that information were leaked prior to his son's announcement, the university picked would most likely change to the Runner-up at the announcement.

No-one knows anything to be confident.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
If you really want to read into his outfit for clues (not wise) you might not like the answer they give.

His shirt and shoes could be red for IU.

OR those sites could be ruby slippers that if he clocks his heels three times while saying "there's no place like home" will send him to Kansas.

OR it might just be an outfit he thought looks good and had absolutely nothing to do with his choice for college.

Reactions: IUgradman
If you really want to read into his outfit for clues (not wise) you might not like the answer they give.

His shirt and shoes could be red for IU.

OR those sites could be ruby slippers that if he clocks his heels three times while saying "there's no place like home" will send him to Kansas.

OR it might just be an outfit he thought looks good and had absolutely nothing to do with his choice for college.
If it is saying there is no place like home, his home is in Indiana

Reactions: Sassy61 and eddy4iu
No kidding. This has been ridiculous.

One more day. This recruitment reminds me of Zeller in that the finalists (as fans) really didnt know where he was going because the families kept things so close to the vest. I'm as uncertain as I was back in November when it seemed Vanderbilt was the front runner.

I see Kansas as the safest option for him. Not trying to make the case for them but he's almost guranteed to win a conference title, make a run in the tournament, and be a lottery pick this time next year. Of course he has the same possibility at IU along with the idolization for a year he wouldn't get with Kansas. Either way he is a lottery pick, but for selfish reasons I hope he stays in state and becomes a Hoosier legend!

Chat will be a blast and I look forward to seeing how improved this team will be throughout the year. Something that I just couldnt look forward to for almost a decade.

One more day. This recruitment reminds me of Zeller in that the finalists (as fans) really didnt know where he was going because the families kept things so close to the vest. I'm as uncertain as I was back in November when it seemed Vanderbilt was the front runner.

I see Kansas as the safest option for him. Not trying to make the case for them but he's almost guranteed to win a conference title, make a run in the tournament, and be a lottery pick this time next year. Of course he has the same possibility at IU along with the idolization for a year he wouldn't get with Kansas. Either way he is a lottery pick, but for selfish reasons I hope he stays in state and becomes a Hoosier legend!

Chat will be a blast and I look forward to seeing how improved this team will be throughout the year. Something that I just couldnt look forward to for almost a decade.

plus at Kansas he'll learn more about NCAA rules on amateurism and FBI wire tap investigations. good times.

The idea one school is "safer" than another is just wrong. No matter what school RL chooses, he's going to end up in the NBA. He's that good.

Ben Simmons went to LSU for one season. They finished 19-14, missed the tournament, and somehow he still ended up the #1 pick in the draft. Using the "safer school" logic, I guess we never should have seen or heard of Ben Simmons again after he chose a very poor LSU program.

Matt Scott, Kansas insider switched his pick to IU. fwiw

That would seem to be big........putting his credibility on the line if he's wrong. On the other hand, if he's wrong all will be forgiven as everyone there will be happy.....whereas, if says KU and RL goes to IU everyone will be pissed at him.......SO, he may have good info or he may simply think its more likely than not IU.

The idea one school is "safer" than another is just wrong. No matter what school RL chooses, he's going to end up in the NBA. He's that good.

Ben Simmons went to LSU for one season. They finished 19-14, missed the tournament, and somehow he still ended up the #1 pick in the draft. Using the "safer school" logic, I guess we never should have seen or heard of Ben Simmons again after he chose a very poor LSU program.

Safer meaning they've won something like 14 conference tournaments in a row and he'd be plugged into an already successful system. I don't pretend to know his motivations and from all accounts it looks like we are in great shape. Also, Indiana is not LSU. Kansas is not LSU. Romeo is not Simmons.

Reactions: fpeaugh and kkott
"Romeo oh Romeo be my thou Romeo!"

Regardless of young Romeo's decision, at least I won't have to see this stupid thread name anymore.
Eh, after the announcement tonight and a few days of actual relevant replies to the subject, this thread will probably fork into a long-winded, back and forth discussion on the pros and cons of cornrows. This thread will never die, and will outlast Dark Side of the Moon's stay on the Billboard album charts. Book it.

Safer meaning they've won something like 14 conference tournaments in a row and he'd be plugged into an already successful system. I don't pretend to know his motivations and from all accounts it looks like we are in great shape. Also, Indiana is not LSU. Kansas is not LSU. Romeo is not Simmons.

Not sure how that makes it safer. Safe from what? Being forgotten? Not getting drafted? RL is going to college for one year and then on to the NBA. He could go to IU, LSU, Kansas, Indiana State, or IUPUI. He's going to the NBA. He's safe because he is that good.

I was responding to the poster who said that because of the FBI report, KU was out of the picture and how that is a non-issue. If Romeo goes elsewhere, it will not be because of that.

Bump, soooooo Kansas troll. Care to elaborate?

FBI report was a non-issue? Not what Tim Langford says:

Looks like baby got put into a corner . . .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT