ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo Langford

Two best players and both potential All B1G

I don’t see an issue. If Romeo was a top 50 player I could get what you are saying but he’s a top 5 guaranteed one and done. It’s different

I'm not the coach, but generally, I think most, or the "historic" view, would have been not to treat your stars differently... especially a freshman. I'm guessing if this were an RMK team, they'd have been brought out by class.

I don't have an opinion, I just found it interesting, and not what my intuition would have said they'd do. I think it speaks volumes about how highly they think of RL and probably the level he's already demonstrated he's performing at. I'd say it's a great sign for what to expect out of him this year. To me it says he's already proven he's probably our best player in practice.

I'm not the coach, but generally, I think most, or the "historic" view, would have been not to treat your stars differently... especially a freshman. I'm guessing if this were an RMK team, they'd have been brought out by class.

I don't have an opinion, I just found it interesting, and not what my intuition would have said they'd do. I think it speaks volumes about how highly they think of RL and probably the level he's already demonstrated he's performing at. I'd say it's a great sign for what to expect out of him this year. To me it says he's already proven he's probably our best player in practice.
I think it’s also a recruiting tool. Other 5 stars see Romeo getting attention that they would like to have.

I found it kind of interesting that they brought out Romeo with Juwan. I think I'd have broken them out by class, as opposed to elevating 1 freshman, regardless of talent and rep, above the others. Not a big deal, I just found it interesting.
I agree if Romeo was a five star point who will
help Juwan and others with assists and floor
general work then equate him with the
upperclassmen. Other than that it's a knock
on the other players.

I agree if Romeo was a five star point who will
help Juwan and others with assists and floor
general work then equate him with the
upperclassmen. Other than that it's a knock
on the other players.

C'mon, you're smarter than that, right? Don't insult yourself. A player like Romeo on the floor certainly gets other players, including Juwan, more open looks by drawing defenders and limiting double teams. If we can get a few guys (Fitzner, McRoberts, Anderson, Green and Phinisee) who can regularly knock down open looks, then we should become a much more efficient, and scary, offensive team.

Reactions: IUgradman and ufo33
Romeo is not going to cause five stars to flood
into IU. That tool starts with elite big men and
point guards.
Every 5* recruited by IU will help attract more high level talent around him. Every position on the court is important. I would argue that a high level scorer is one of the most important pieces to a championship level team. IU teams that have really struggled in the past usually have no go to scorer. Romeo is a go to scorer. Enjoy his time in Bloomington.

ADVERTISEMENT