ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo Langford

tru123dt

Junior
Sep 29, 2004
Romeo has to be our top priority recruiting, because he is going be once in a generation player that comes out of the state of Indiana!

He did this last night in semi- state, so enjoy!

Last edited:
He does it so effortlessly. Just think with a couple more years of development. I am concerned that he is not going to pick IU. Maybe thus run we are having will change his mind.

Reactions: EyeU
Kid is so smooth. Love his game. IU needs to do whatever it can to get him. I think it is down to IU and U of L, just my uninformed opinion. Maybe the U of L scandal gives us a leg up. Also heard Duke is starting to get involved pretty heavy, dont know if that is true or not.

The word is that he has been a Duke fan all his life, and he is waiting for a Duke offer. He has been to a few IU games, and Pinto was there watching him last night. He gave Romeo a standing ovation after the game.

I do not know but I would take Romeo on my team everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. He has the potential and the opportunity to be a three time state champion in Indiana

Reactions: AURORA
The word is that he has been a Duke fan all his life, and he is waiting for a Duke offer. He has been to a few IU games, and Pinto was there watching him last night. He gave Romeo a standing ovation after the game.
Yes, I was at the game shooting as a photographer and he again was a one man highlight reel. I also hear that he wants an offer from Duke. He is all business. At last night's game the only time he smiled is when his coach took him out of the game at the end. Even during the celebrations afterwards he was stone faced. From what I hear, he is a good kid and he is all business. Would love for him to come to IU. Pitino has been putting on a full court press to get him for UofL.

UK board saying it's all Duke. Disgusting if true.. Crean can't let this kid get away.

UK board saying it's all Duke. Disgusting if true.. Crean can't let this kid get away.
From what I hear CTC has been putting on the full-court press but Romeo is a Duke fan. With all the uncertainty around the U of L program at the moment I don't see Pitino getting him. Let's hope he gives IU more attention when deciding. As a sophomore, he still has time

Reactions: hoosierstateII
Greg Doyle from the Indianapolis Star says that Romeo could be the best high school talent since Oscar Robertson Wow! Also says that he is definitely a pro in one or two years after high school.

I hope that Coach Crean can lock him down! He is an once a generation player!

I think that he will drop dead with a clip board in his hand at Coach K's court before he would retire. The man loves basketball.

We need to get him in for a visit asap. Hope staff is in daily contact. If he wants to play close to home so family can attend games then we are the best option. Louisville has a dark cloud of scandal. Sad state of affairs there.

Kids growing up in Indiana but being Duke fans. God, that's sad. If he's always wanted to go to Duke and he's that good, then it aint worth talking about. Not the old days anymore. We don't need Indiana players anymore than we need Florida players or Cali players. We just need players.

Reactions: darrin09
He has been to few games at IU on unofficial visits, so he does have interest. He has taken a few to Louisville as well.

Of course the kid wants a Duke offer. A kid at that talent level would want a Duke offer, a Kentucky offer, etc, just for feeling the love and legitimizing their fame if nothing else. How many Duke fans will remain Duke fans once K retires, whenever he does at least. The year he took off, Duke really tanked huge. At Indiana, we've seen how the fanbase can turn on a program once a high profile coach leaves and some semblance of losing sets in. Kids aren't any different in seeing programs this way. Heck, an offer from UCLA just isn't the same as an offer from them in the late 60's or early to mid-70's. Or from IU for that matter to people outside the area. Hopefully we'll get that respect back.

Reactions: DEP1977
Very excited about this young man. I will be attending my first NA game this weekend since I graduated from NAHS in 1986.

Would love to keep this one at home (IU). Go Dogs.

Very excited about this young man. I will be attending my first NA game this weekend since I graduated from NAHS in 1986.

Would love to keep this one at home (IU). Go Dogs.

Oh, this kid would be great at Indiana, but I don't know that I'd get my hopes up or bet the farm he comes to Bloomington either. If he's a Duke fan he'll be a tough one to pry away from them. Secondly, the proximity to Louisville is something else that can't be missed. If Pitino is still there, U of L would be tough as well.

I don't know if you will get to see all of that game on Fox sports Indiana because they are showing a Pacer game that night.
Apparently there is an alternate feed channel from another article I read earlier this week. I'm not sure what it would be on each system though.

Our only hope then is that Duke has too many players and there is no room for him. This is a possibility. Then he comes to IU and realizes that it was the best thing to happen.

This would be huge if true. I live in new Albany and haven't heard this. It's still so early in his recruitment. He has no idea where he is going to school yet imo.

I know there are a lot of rumors out there and nobody knows what is going to happen, probably not even Romeo, but this is a pretty reliable source.

I heard his hs coach, Jim Shannon, on the radio a few weeks back who said he and Romeo attended Louisville's walk-thru the morning before their home game against Duke on Feb 20. After that practice Pitino extended an offer. They also then stayed for the game that afternoon. I haven't heard whether Duke has shown any interest in him at this point.

I heard his hs coach, Jim Shannon, on the radio a few weeks back who said he and Romeo attended Louisville's walk-thru the morning before their home game against Duke on Feb 20. After that practice Pitino extended an offer. They also then stayed for the game that afternoon. I haven't heard whether Duke has shown any interest in him at this point.
Coach K was rumored to be at NA the night before the U of L game. I haven't been able to confirm this though. The kid is special and I would love to see him at IU but we still have some time before it gets really serious.

Another question...is there any reason he should not win Mr. Basketball? I know he probably won't but seriously I think he is better than every other kid in the state right now.

Coach K was rumored to be at NA the night before the U of L game. I haven't been able to confirm this though. The kid is special and I would love to see him at IU but we still have some time before it gets really serious.

Another question...is there any reason he should not win Mr. Basketball? I know he probably won't but seriously I think he is better than every other kid in the state right now.
I looked at the ESPN top 25 for the 2018 class and Langford is not on it and I think that is a joke because from what I saw there can't be 25 better players in that class than hm.

Reactions: darrin09

I am pretty sure the Mr. Basketball is just for seniors

I live in New Albany also (sorry no inside sources, though my neighbors daughter has a class or two with Romeo) I will say this, the way this season is turning out and specifically the way yogi is playing and being treated this year couldn't have happened at a better time for IU to have a chance to get an in-state kid like this. The sports talk guys in Louisville started talking about him after last weeks games and if plays great again Saturday his recruitment is going to become a big deal quickly.

Reactions: HoosJer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT