ADVERTISEMENT

Robert Kennedy Jr.

Maybe just piss poor in their response is a better way to frame it

“To be frank, we are responsible for some pretty dramatic, pretty public mistakes -- from testing, to data, to communications,” said Rochelle Walensky, director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in a statement.

“For 75 years, CDC and public health have been preparing for COVID-19, and in our big moment, our performance did not reliably meet expectations,” she said of the agency's 11,000-plus staff members. “I want us all to do better, and it starts with CDC leading the way."

He’s a beast.
Here you go, Lucy:
droolCatcher-1.jpg

Considering, the current Democrat doesn’t know what planet he is on and sniffs little kids, his opinion on vaccines wouldn’t deter me from voting for him.
Have you listened to him speak on the subject of vaccines or heard the story of what took him from a focus on environmental issues into the healthcare world? Have you reviewed the vaccine studies that got his attention?

Has anyone on here listened to RFK Jr speak at length or have you just been duped by some MSM hit piece or another Salon editorial? Two podcasts, RFK Jr on Russell Brand and the JRE one, watch them with an open mind. Then make up your own mind. At the least, you’ll be entertained by his stories and his grasp of history.

It’s funny to me that he’s spent a lifetime as an extreme environmentalist with incredible success of cleaning up such iconic areas like the once toxic Hudson River, but the Left discounts him based on what the media says about him.

Lol

The only people actively pushing RFK Jr are Bannon and Trumpers.

You guys are a minority and hate libs to the core so why on earth do think your opinion on Dem presidential candidates matters is beyond me.

You're never voting for one.

So why on earth do you think the party would consider the opinion of the opposition party minority and piss off 80% of the base in the process?

Maybe Buttigieg should announce he's now a Republican and candidacy. Then I could post about if the Republicans were smart they'd nominate him because they would have my vote.
Wake up dude, it’s not D or R anymore and hasn’t been for awhile. There’s a shit load of us that look at people and what they say and pay attention to what they actually believe. Some of us don’t give a rat’s ass about labels.

Some of us still use the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Declaration of Independence as our measurement standard and the closer someone gets to those they move into the radar. That’s why Tulsi and RFK Jr are getting attention from the “right” and that reason alone. Steve Bannon doesn’t have a large enough audience to move the needle anyway.

Wake up dude, it’s not D or R anymore and hasn’t been for awhile. There’s a shit load of us that look at people and what they say and pay attention to what they actually believe. Some of us don’t give a rat’s ass about labels.

Some of us still use the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Declaration of Independence as our measurement standard and the closer someone gets to those they move into the radar. That’s why Tulsi and RFK Jr are getting attention from the “right” and that reason alone. Steve Bannon doesn’t have a large enough audience to move the needle anyway.
If RFK and Tulsi would run as candidates for Pres and VP,
many voters would consider voting for them...in both parties.

If RFK and Tulsi would run as candidates for Pres and VP,
many voters would consider voting for them...in both parties.
Well we have now proven that we really don't need a president, it's actually a hollow position. The one that we elected that tried to upset the status quo has been under attack from before he was even a formidable candidate. And still being attacked.
We have proven that we could elect a dog turd and have the exact same effect. We have admin positions that can sign things for the turd.
We have a federation, if we can hold it. ooops.

Reactions: DANC and Lucy01
See your point Joe, but Trump did a shit ton even with the incessant attacks. Not sure there’s another built like him though. Anyone from a younger generation would have wilted in the first 60 days. Joe never comes out of his basement and look at him.

And then there’s this…

The total number of Trump Article III judgeship nominees to be confirmed by the United States Senate was 234, including three associate justices of the Supreme Court of the United States, 54 judges for the United States courts of appeals, 174 judges for the United States district courts, and three judges for the United States Court of International Trade.

Well we have now proven that we really don't need a president, it's actually a hollow position. The one that we elected that tried to upset the status quo has been under attack from before he was even a formidable candidate. And still being attacked.
We have proven that we could elect a dog turd and have the exact same effect. We have admin positions that can sign things for the turd.
We have a federation, if we can hold it. ooops.
I read your post twice. So the way I understand it, we have a turd as a President.

Have you listened to him speak on the subject of vaccines or heard the story of what took him from a focus on environmental issues into the healthcare world? Have you reviewed the vaccine studies that got his attention?

Has anyone on here listened to RFK Jr speak at length or have you just been duped by some MSM hit piece or another Salon editorial? Two podcasts, RFK Jr on Russell Brand and the JRE one, watch them with an open mind. Then make up your own mind. At the least, you’ll be entertained by his stories and his grasp of history.

It’s funny to me that he’s spent a lifetime as an extreme environmentalist with incredible success of cleaning up such iconic areas like the once toxic Hudson River, but the Left discounts him based on what the media says about him.
Just look at this board to see how people are duped by the media, no matter whether they're Democrats or claim to be Republicans.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Just look at this board to see how people are duped by the media, no matter whether they're Democrats or claim to be Republicans.
Hard to believe anyone still trusts the legacy media. But, in looking at the numbers for the main outlets, it's not good, not good at all. So, not sure how many are really watching. It's possible their entire audience is part of this forum! ha! But, just maybe Kaitlan can save CNN...lol.

I think RFK, Jr was right: His Father‘s and Uncle’s Democratic Party would have never sought to have his testimony on Government censorship only behind closed doors.

Reactions: DANC
I'm not sure what that proves.

"How dare you disparage RFK Jr! He did something you agreed with and someone you used to work for respected him back in 2008!"

"Yeah, but he's kind of a crazy person when it comes to vaccines and he's pushing crazy conspiracy theories now"

"Did I mention 2008?"

OJ Simpson won the Heisman and NBC used to pay him gobs of money to be a commentator for football games. He was also in the Naked Gun movies. On some levels, I enjoyed all of those accomplishments (maybe the Heisman was before my time).

Am I misguided if I think he's a murderer now?

I'm not sure what that proves.

"How dare you disparage RFK Jr! He did something you agreed with and someone you used to work for respected him back in 2008!"

"Yeah, but he's kind of a crazy person when it comes to vaccines and he's pushing crazy conspiracy theories now"

"Did I mention 2008?"

OJ Simpson won the Heisman and NBC used to pay him gobs of money to be a commentator for football games. He was also in the Naked Gun movies. On some levels, I enjoyed all of those accomplishments (maybe the Heisman was before my time).

Am I misguided if I think he's a murderer now?
No, but you are misguided if you think RFK Jr.'s stance on vaccines and autism is new:

"In 2005, in a since-debunked story in Rolling Stone and Salon called "Deadly Immunity," Kennedy falsely asserted a link between childhood vaccines and autism via a mercury-based compound called thimerosal, which the Food and Drug Administration phased out of nearly all vaccines in 2001. The article was amended with five separate corrections before being fully retracted.

Research has repeatedly shown that vaccines and their ingredients, including thimerosal, do not cause autism. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nine CDC-funded or conducted studies have "found no link between thimerosal-containing vaccines" since 2003."

No, but you are misguided if you think RFK Jr.'s stance on vaccines and autism is new:

"In 2005, in a since-debunked story in Rolling Stone and Salon called "Deadly Immunity," Kennedy falsely asserted a link between childhood vaccines and autism via a mercury-based compound called thimerosal, which the Food and Drug Administration phased out of nearly all vaccines in 2001. The article was amended with five separate corrections before being fully retracted.

Research has repeatedly shown that vaccines and their ingredients, including thimerosal, do not cause autism. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nine CDC-funded or conducted studies have "found no link between thimerosal-containing vaccines" since 2003."

I didn't think his views on vaccines and autism is new. My son was born in 2005 and I distinctly remember RFK Jr and Jenny McCarthy leading the drumbeat not to get kids vaccinated.

But I also remember he did lead some pretty important and impactful environmental efforts, as mentioned in this post. I don't think Axelrod's tweet flew in the face of that.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I didn't think his views on vaccines and autism is new. My son was born in 2005 and I distinctly remember RFK Jr and Jenny McCarthy leading the drumbeat not to get kids vaccinated.

But I also remember he did lead some pretty important and impactful environmental efforts, as mentioned in this post. I don't think Axelrod's tweet flew in the face of that.
I guess we disagree about the wisdom of appointing someone to a cabinet post who is a "spreader of ludicrous and dangerous conspiracy theories about vaccines and diseases." That would be disqualifying for me, unless he was really uniquely qualified and amazing at his job and wouldn't have a hint of control over something even tangentially related to his "dangerous" theories.

None of the matters, of course, because Desantis is just trying to curry favor with RFK Jr. supporters now and won't appoint him to anything (and that hurts Desantis's credibility). But Axelrod is a political hack and knows this and got caught.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we disagree about the wisdom of appointing someone to a cabinet post who is a "spreader of ludicrous and dangerous conspiracy theories about vaccines and diseases." That would be disqualifying for me, unless he was really uniquely qualified and amazing at his job and wouldn't have a hint of control over something even tangentially related to his "dangerous" theories.
This all assumes there was actually something to the Politico reporting.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT