ADVERTISEMENT

Quinn Buckner what's the deal

Vern Pain

Sophomore
Sep 25, 2019
He seems to be identified as what ails the program these days by quite a few folks who post on this board. So, I've looked at the duties and responsibilities of the BOT in the University Bylaws. It's clear that the Board is responsible for approval of a coaching hire, provided that person is paid a sum.greater than $1.00😁

What I haven't seen is anything saying Buckner, as Chair, has a greater say than the board as a whole. Is there something in those bylaws that I'm not seeing? Is it simply the cache that comes with being the pg and captain of the '76 team? I'm asking an honest question, how is QB able to hold the entire program hostage?

He's clearly in direct breach of his fiduciary duties to the school. His friendship with Woody being more important than seeing IU succeed.

Everyone give major kudos to Scott Dolson. He's doing exactly what wimpy Rick Greenspan should've done when he had Beilein in the bag and Herbert insisted on hiring a coach with sanctions over his head. Hold the line Scott!

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
He's clearly in direct breach of his fiduciary duties to the school. His friendship with Woody being more important than seeing IU succeed.

Everyone give major kudos to Scott Dolson. He's doing exactly what wimpy Rick Greenspan should've done when he had Beilein in the bag and Herbert insisted on hiring a coach with sanctions over his head. Hold the line Scott!
Pearl was banned for 3 years

Quinn needs to get out of the way if we can land pearl and he brings back woodson i mean wow.​

Jordan Majewski

@jorcubsdan

Oodles of Bruce Pearl chatter around here from very informed sources

D2E_lw-H_normal.jpg

Jeff Borzello

@jeffborzello
·
1h
Couple of interesting nuggets on Mike Woodson’s contract in here. He would be owed $12.6 million if Indiana was to let him go — but in a unique wrinkle, the school can pay that in $1 million annual payments if it so chooses. A Bobby Bonilla-esque payout, if you will. x.com/zachosterman/s…

The leaks are coming fast and furious online. No doubt Dolson is pulling out all the stops once quinn claimed woodson was getting a fourth year. This is going to be a batttle quinn and woodson probbly wish they had not waged. The next few weeks are going to get very ugly.

Jordan Majewski

@jorcubsdan

It’s very real and will happen if one key person signs off (and it’s not Scott Dolson)

11:50 AM · Mar 5, 2024
·
Views

He may be saving us from hiring Bruce Pearl .. that's a good thing. I'm sick of odd lineups and participation medal everyone plays deep rotations.. and Pearl is the king of those. Plus this shit is all rumor based .. waste of time and thought.
I tend to agree most of the time but this isn’t just the run of the mill stuff. At least I don’t think it is. The info came from Dolson or someone very close being told to do this. We will see in a month. Until then I’m not going the told you so route.

Is the ban over? If so, maybe he available?

He's (indirectly) had issues since, at Auburn. His associate head coach was one of those arrested in the bribery/corruption scandal in 2017, and Pearl himself was reprimanded for being uncooperative with Auburn's internal investigation. I personally don't care, but I also can't believe that IU with their pious attitudes would actually go after a guy like Pearl.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
He's (indirectly) had issues since, at Auburn. His associate head coach was one of those arrested in the bribery/corruption scandal in 2017, and Pearl himself was reprimanded for being uncooperative with Auburn's internal investigation. I personally don't care, but I also can't believe that IU with their pious attitudes would actually go after a guy like Pearl.
Ah, yes....IU's piety. It reminds me of the guy who went to his psychiatrist...and said: "Doc, I'm really struggling. You gotta help me. So the shrink said..."what seems to be the problem?"...The guy said..."I just can't seem to reconcile my protestant work ethic with my puritan commitment to poverty".

He seems to be identified as what ails the program these days by quite a few folks who post on this board. So, I've looked at the duties and responsibilities of the BOT in the University Bylaws. It's clear that the Board is responsible for approval of a coaching hire, provided that person is paid a sum.greater than $1.00😁

What I haven't seen is anything saying Buckner, as Chair, has a greater say than the board as a whole. Is there something in those bylaws that I'm not seeing? Is it simply the cache that comes with being the pg and captain of the '76 team? I'm asking an honest question, how is QB able to hold the entire program hostage?
President of the board of trustees

why the hate? if the majority of the regular posters want me to go away, I will leave.
Dude...please...don't leave. First, if there's a count to get to a majority...then, we have to suffer through a recount. Where would it all end? The last thing any of us need on this free, anonymous message board is litigation.

• Haha
Like I said, I don't see anything in the bylaws saying he has a greater say than the other 8 board members.
I think that’s right. He has a lot of influence, especially with non-bball people (who and how many idk), but he could lose a vote. Probably has the tiebreaker.

Quinn should not be interfering like this. This is Dolson’s call.

The Broncos are paying Russell wilson 85 mil to go away.
Bet everything on the broncos over next year. Sean will work harder than he ever has to be good. His ego is bigger than almost any coach, and he is good. That’s how you get great.

Bet everything on the broncos over next year. Sean will work harder than he ever has to be good. His ego is bigger than almost any coach, and he is good. That’s how you get great.
Ohhh, I’m not too sure about that. Dude had Drew Brees and put bounties on other QBs. He’s decent, but nowhere near great.

I think that’s right. He has a lot of influence, especially with non-bball people (who and how many idk), but he could lose a vote. Probably has the tiebreaker.

Quinn should not be interfering like this. This is Dolson’s call.
Any board I have been on, the chair/president didn't have a vote unless to break a tie.

Reactions: Vern Pain
He may be saving us from hiring Bruce Pearl .. that's a good thing. I'm sick of odd lineups and participation medal everyone plays deep rotations.. and Pearl is the king of those. Plus this shit is all rumor based .. waste of time and thought.
Dumb.

Reactions: kmathum
Who votes on the BOT? Can we organize a movement to kick out Quinn? I’d surely vote to get him off the BOT and Pacer broadcasts both! I’m an alumni but can’t recall me getting a ballot

Who votes on the BOT? Can we organize a movement to kick out Quinn? I’d surely vote to get him off the BOT and Pacer broadcasts both! I’m an alumni but can’t recall me getting a ballot
I think a petition against Buckner might be better than one against Woodson. I wonder if a recall is possible?

Any board I have been on, the chair/president didn't have a vote unless to break a tie.

I've have served on several boards/ committees as well, both in the public & private sector, some as Chair. Most operate by Robert's Rules of Order. Chair/ president can vote to make or break a tie. Even so the Chair can carry quite of but of influence without voting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT