ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs Villanova

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority the last 10-15 years have sucked for IU basketball and it's fans, we can still say we've come closer to winning a national championship this century (2002, when was Purdue's last appearence in a national championship game, 1969?) than Purdue has, have made as many Sweet 16s as Purdue over the last 10 years (3), despite missing the NCAA Tournament for the last 5 years, have only ONE less victory than Purdue (6 to Purdue's 7), and have won as many regular season titles (2). Maybe Purdue should try to make a Final Four at least once every decade for 4 straight decades instead going 41 years (and counting) between appearences. But hey, at least you can say that over the last 10 years, one of your best coaches has been able to equal the amount of success as 2 of our worst😉👍.
I like how you cherry picked that...I think or believe you forgot about that elite 8 appearance. If you can say NC, then I can say elite 8. They both equate to being short of winning a title. I bet Stevens or any coach would say that's what the main goal is....🤔

The majority the last 10-15 years have sucked for IU basketball and it's fans, we can still say we've come closer to winning a national championship this century (2002, when was Purdue's last appearence in a national championship game, 1969?) than Purdue has, have made as many Sweet 16s as Purdue over the last 10 years (3), despite missing the NCAA Tournament for the last 5 years, have only ONE less victory than Purdue (6 to Purdue's 7), and have won as many regular season titles (2). Maybe Purdue should try to make a Final Four at least once every decade for 4 straight decades instead going 41 years (and counting) between appearences. But hey, at least you can say that over the last 10 years, one of your best coaches has been able to equal the amount of success as 2 of our worst😉👍.
Btw, your fan base would be the only one that thinks IU has the sustainable success that CMP has developed or established at Purdue. That's why we are consistently in the top 25 and you guys are hoping on a NCAA bid. Facts, just facts.

Lol you haven’t watched Gonzaga then.
I've watched them twice... Chet Holmgren isn't guarding Edey. To paraphrase Jeff Goodwin, Edey will hip check Holmgren into the basketball goal post. Come on man... I hope you know hoops better than this. Gonzaga is a really good team, they go 7 deep but no big guy off the bench.. they bring a 6'2 and 6'5. How's Gonzaga checking Edey, Tre, and Furst for 40 minutes... the emphasis on Edey.

I've watched them twice... Chet Holmgren isn't guarding Edey. To paraphrase Jeff Goodwin, Edey will hip check Holmgren into the basketball goal post. Come on man... I hope you know hoops better than this. Gonzaga is a really good team, they go 7 deep but no big guy off the bench.. they bring a 6'2 and 6'5. How's Gonzaga checking Edey, Tre, and Furst for 40 minutes... the emphasis on Edey.
Once again, you don’t watch Gonzaga. Timme guards the 5. Chet comes from the weak side to block everything. Anton Watson is their big off the bench that plays 15 mpg.

Their guards would eat yours alive.

Once again, you don’t watch Gonzaga. Timme guards the 5. Chet comes from the weak side to block everything. Anton Watson is their big off the bench that plays 15 mpg.

Their guards would eat yours alive.
The Gonzaga guards wouldn't eat ours alive plus you're still doubling our big (Edey or Williams). So Edey kills Timme and Chet doubles on the weak side. They'll run out of bigs. No one comes off the bench to help the post. What happens when Timme or Chet gets their third? Again, they play 7 guys.

Last edited:
There guards wouldn't eat ours alive plus you're still doubling our big (Edey or Williams). So Edey kills Timme and Chet doubles on the weak side. They'll run out of bigs. No one comes off the bench to help the post. What happens when Timme or Chet gets their third? Again, they play 7 guys.
Would you guys stop with all these hypotheticals. They probably won’t even meet. I mean, Purdue still has to get by North Texas to advance.

The Gonzaga guards wouldn't eat ours alive plus you're still doubling our big (Edey or Williams). So Edey kills Timme and Chet doubles on the weak side. They'll run out of bigs. No one comes off the bench to help the post. What happens when Timme or Chet gets their third? Again, they play 7 guys.
You are such an idiot.

1. They play 8 with Watson coming off the bench.

2. They wouldn’t need to double your bigs as theirs are superior.

3. Their guards would eat yours alive. You start IT and Sasha lol. They can’t hang good guards.

4. it doesn’t matter, because you will lose long before you get the chance to play Gonzaga. It’s what you do.

If FrankenEdey and his concrete feet, has to guard Timme, he'll be on the bench in foul trouble. If he guards Holmgren, he'll embarrass himself.

You guys act like he's something other than a big dork that Painter found dumpster diving. Yes, he's huge, yes he's a problem in the post because of his size, but he has no skills, his moves are basic, transparent, and slow.

There's as much negative to playing him as positive, he's basically a match-up problem when on the floor, for both teams.

Last edited:
If FrankenEdey and his concrete feet, has to guard Timme, he'll be on the bench in foul trouble. If he guards Holmgren, he'll embarrass himself.

You guys act like he's something other than a big dork that Painter found dumpster diving. Yes, he's huge, yes he's a problem in the post because of his size, but he has no skills, his moves are basic, transparent, and slow.

There's as much negative to playing him as positive, he's basically a match-up problem when on the floor, for both teams.
Put down the meth pipe you've got to clock in early tomorrow. That trailer won’t pay for itself.

There is a reason he didn't play much against North Texas and scored 0 points. All this Gonzaga/FF talk is silly when mid majors are beating PU in the 1st Round and Painter has never been to a FF: prove you can beat North Texas first for goodness sake.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
There is a reason he didn't play much against North Texas and scored 0 points. All this Gonzaga/FF talk is silly when mid majors are beating PU in the 1st Round and Painter has never been to a FF: prove you can beat North Texas first for goodness sake.
Lol you are making yourself look silly.
He has been to at least the S16(1 elite 8) 3 of the last 4 tournaments. In that same span you guys haven't sniffed the damn tournament. Now, how about you make the tournament for goodness sake.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
He has been to at least the S16(1 elite 8) 3 of the last 4 tournaments. In that same span you guys haven't sniffed the damn tournament. Now, how about you make the tournament for goodness sake.
Lucky for Purdue fans, Covid happened, otherwise Painter would have another missed tournament.

Let me know when Painter can reach a FF like Mike Davis and Tom Crean have: Gene ran out of time, and Matt is 0-18. IU basically experienced Painter with Crean, and Crean got fired: I guess PU has a different standard, good for you. IU fires coaches when they can't get it done, PU names their court after them and keeps them around forever.

Let me know when Painter can reach a FF like Mike Davis and Tom Crean have: Gene ran out of time, and Matt is 0-18. IU basically experienced Painter with Crean, and Crean got fired: I guess PU has a different standard, good for you. IU fires coaches when they can't get it done, PU names their court after them and keeps them around forever.
Maybe IU should hire a coach that can get it done! Good luck getting to the tournament this year!

Maybe IU should hire a coach that can get it done! Good luck getting to the tournament this year!
You want to know what the definition of insanity is? Thinking you are going to see something different after 17 years: you poor bastards. Good luck with your coach that can't get past North Texas in year 16. Once again, IU makes changes when coaches can't get it done: when will PU?

Let me know when Painter can reach a FF like Mike Davis( 20 years ago and no longer coaches at IU)and Tom Crean(at Marquette not IU) have: Gene ran out of time, and Matt is 0-18. IU basically experienced Painter with Crean, and Crean got fired: I guess PU has a different standard, good for you. IU fires coaches when they can't get it done, PU names their court after them and keeps them around forever.
Fixed it

Last edited:
Was 1980 a long time ago? That happened before I was born, talk about a dusty banner! How can Mike Davis and Tom Crean make it to FF's since 1980, but PU can't? Mike Davis has more FF's than Gene and Painter combined!

Wait. Hold on. You implied Gene was a coach capable of getting to the final 4, but then talk him down? Interesting.

Also, I'm guessing Painter will get there now that he has administrative support.

Wait. Hold on. You implied Gene was a coach capable of getting to the final 4, but then talk him down? Interesting.

Also, I'm guessing Painter will get there now that he has administrative support.
You got this support in what 2012??? It’s been 10 years lol

I don't follow. Gene is what his record is: 0 FF's. Matt is like 0-18: the odds are against Matt reaching the FF. UK and UNC would have fired Matt after 2-3 years. It appears IU would have fired Matt after 4-9 years.

You got this support in what 2012??? It’s been 10 years lol
2012? The administrative support didn't change until Daniel's and Bobinski. They really started investing in athletics. And look at the results. Almost every team has improved under Bobinski. Coincidence? Don't give me the 2012 crap. Isn't even close to the support needed to win big.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
2012? The administrative support didn't change until Daniel's and Bobinski. They really started investing in athletics. And look at the results. Almost every team has improved under Bobinski. Coincidence? Don't give me the 2012 crap. Isn't even close to the support needed to win big.
Are you saying North Texas or a Loyola Chicago has more "support" than PU? Sounds like the excuses some IU fans had for Crean. At some point, there has to be a line in the sand and either the job is getting done or not.

Are you saying North Texas or a Loyola Chicago has more "support" than PU? Sounds like the excuses some IU fans had for Crean. At some point, there has to be a line in the sand and either the job is getting done or not.
1 upset you seem to be clinging onto here. An anomaly. If you were a UK fan, would you be ready to run caliperi out? He hasn't done much for a few years now.

1 upset you seem to be clinging onto here. An anomaly. If you were a UK fan, would you be ready to run caliperi out? He hasn't done much for a few years now.
No, North Texas or a Loyola Chicago do not have the level of support PU does: not an excuse, certainly not after 18 years. As of late: Texas Tech was a 14 seed, Arkansas Little Rock was a low seed, Cincinnati wasn't a high seed, and then there were a few missed tourneys. VCU wasn't a high seed. The Elite 8 was the anomaly, my friend.

Calipari has been to FF's and won a National Championship. I think he has earned some good will. Apples and oranges regarding Painter.

Daniels has been there since 2013. What teams have improved? Yes Basketball was crap in 2013, but that’s more because Painter was more concerned with his divorce (due to his affair) than he was on team success. No other sports have gotten consistently better.

Daniels has been there since 2013. What teams have improved? Yes Basketball was crap in 2013, but that’s more because Painter was more concerned with his divorce (due to his affair) than he was on team success. No other sports have gotten consistently better.
You sure do not follow Big Ten sports!

Was 1980 a long time ago? That happened before I was born, talk about a dusty banner! How can Mike Davis and Tom Crean make it to FF's since 1980, but PU can't? Mike Davis has more FF's than Gene and Painter combined!
And 1980 was Lee Rose not Keady

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT