ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs Villanova

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelyvan

Junior
Aug 2, 2003
PU looking very good in 1st half.
Besting UNC is a nice win. Beating V, if it happens, is a major accomplishment.

Purdue can beat teams in so many different ways. My only hope is that as we get closer to March, Ivey might focus more on his draft stock than putting the team's needs first. Either way, they're scary and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.
PU has also mastered choking in the atmosphere of big games. No shame in losing to #5 Vil 2nd week of the season, but also lets not get too excited about praising them if they come back and win. At the end of the day, POTFB!

that game ended in disturbing fashion
Villinova choking a big lead is very rare
PU pulling off the comeback to launch their season

Reactions: PurdueSteve
that game ended in disturbing fashion
Villinova choking a big lead is very rare
PU pulling off the comeback to launch their season
Nova went cold and pu got hot...that will win you games. First time I have seen them play, they are very good and balanced inside/out. They are the prohibitive fav to win the BIG IMO.

Their alumni don't deserve this team if they can't show up. If IU were half that good we would fill the place ourselves. Just a crying shame that Archie cost us Furst as well, he is going to be good and should be wearing the jersey.

PU looking very good in 1st half.
Besting UNC is a nice win. Beating V, if it happens, is a major accomplishment.
I watched the second half of both games. Purdue is national championship good. They are smart. Have shooters. Great depth. Bigs. Total package. Makes me sick typing that but any unbiased fan on CBB would have to admit that. If they stay healthy, tough to argue any other team is stronger than they are.

i think Nova ran out of gas. Their legs gave out and they started missing easy shots. Purdue beat them by playing 9-10 players, while Nova had maybe 6 players get any minutes.
Announcers said Nova needs to find a way to lengthen their bench, alluding to that very point.

I watched the second half of both games. Purdue is national championship good. They are smart. Have shooters. Great depth. Bigs. Total package. Makes me sick typing that but any unbiased fan on CBB would have to admit that. If they stay healthy, tough to argue any other team is stronger than they are.
Yeah..
I'm a major IU fan for over 45 yrs.
But it's just the truth ..Now do I hope they choke out in like the first or second game of the tournament..
Absolutely !!...But with a high seed.
Their likely walk to the sweet sixteen...
Things get tricky usually from the elite 8 on though..

Nova went cold and pu got hot...that will win you games. First time I have seen them play, they are very good and balanced inside/out. They are the prohibitive fav to win the BIG IMO.

Their alumni don't deserve this team if they can't show up. If IU were half that good we would fill the place ourselves. Just a crying shame that Archie cost us Furst as well, he is going to be good and should be wearing the jersey.
What do you mean the alumni didn't show up? 30% of the fans there had Purdue gear... in Connecticut. Philadelphia is a 2.5 hour train ride... I think all but five of our games at home are sold out and those barely have seats left.

Reactions: theboilerbabe
Haha ?? Gonzaga says, hello.

Except they were down 12 in the second half and Vil choked it away. They are good, but settle down. Or take it to GBI.

Good teams, with quality depth, start strong and finish strong. Went from 12 down to ten up in less than ten minutes.

Wow, this team is good. The big man in the middle is going to be a serious challenge. And, their guards can shoot the three. Race and Trace are going to have their hands full.

They're very good but I'm not sure they'd beat Nova in March. UCLA and Gonzaga are just as good as Purdue.

It's not a flex at all. Read the post I responded to.
It's not a flex at all. Read the post I responded to.
Weird in the way that it sounds like you're nonchalantly saying, "We play just well enough to meet expectations and consistantly lose to 'better' teams in the tournament every year. So what?". That's like hearing an Iowa fan say, "No, last year wasn't a disappointment. Sure, there was talk of us being a national championship contender in the preseason, we spent most of the year in the top 10, finished 3rd in Big 10, had the NPOY and lost in the 2nd round of the NCAAs. But at least we went as far in the tournament as we usually do under Fran."

Last edited:
Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT